FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flash Snap To Grid Problem

ninjakannon
Firstly, I have no idea which forum this would go best in so if you're a moderator then feel free to move it somewhere you consider more appropriate.

Right, now on with my problem. I have built a snap to grid feature in Flash. The problem is that the grid itself is diagonal and I can't get the maths right to position the tiles properly on the grid. While they currently snap in a simple rectangular based fashion they do not fit into the grid.

See what I mean by looking here: http://www.ninjakannon.frih.net/random/SnapToGrid.swf (File removed). Drag around the items (click and hold) and see how they interlock. Remember that I would like to be able to use any size of tile.

I've uploaded 3 Flash files here if you'd like to use them:
Flash 6 (File removed)
Flash 7 (File removed)
Flash 8 (File removed)

I'm sorry I haven't given any more input here but I'm pretty sure some of you out there will have the mathematical skill required for this - it can't be that tricky either, can it? I just know that I can't do it - but I'll keep trying.

Thank you so much for any help you give!
ninjakannon
Okay, don't worry about this any more I've solved the problem. Or, to put it more accurately, someone on a Flash board has done the maths for me! For which I am exceedingly grateful.

However, this means that this thread can now be closed - so only reply if you're a moderator, spam are not wanted here.
tidruG
-closed- as requested.