FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any techno/house/trance/progressive/reggae lovers

Fariza
hey guys! just want to know if there are any of those genres i mentioned lovers here?
im a DJ myself i do alot of Techno but ive started hip hop and im practising alot Very Happy

Just wondering too if there are any DJs out there?? maybe we can share some ideas? tips tricks?
and please tell me if ur a scratch artist or just a live DJ mixer. Very Happy

Peace.
Fariza
adrenaline_rush
Trance, dnb, and all electronica is my favorite genre. Although, im a hiphop producer and I write songs and record i still find myself more drawn to electronica. Over the last 2 months ive started making my own electronica traxx on FL Studio and what not. Done a few remixes in my days; one of which went to #2 on the soundclick.com electronica charts. I've got a friend in New Zealand who makes amazing dnb. I swear he's the god of dnb
The Mitchell
im a little bit of a techno freak. generally tend to do mainly electro and electronica and a lot of minimal techno (the good stuff not the wet, girly stuff). I do dj but ive only started djing really in the last year so im not great tbh and i use ableton live with a midi dj mixer to mix although ive been writing electronica and minimal techno for around about 3 years.
Jaan
I write electro/dub and only getting into djing now. I'm using a Numark Total Control hooked into Traktor running through Presonus Firebox. For effects I've rewired that to Ableton Live whose effects controlled with Novation Remote 61SL
The Mitchell
Jaan wrote:
I write electro/dub and only getting into djing now. I'm using a Numark Total Control hooked into Traktor running through Presonus Firebox. For effects I've rewired that to Ableton Live whose effects controlled with Novation Remote 61SL

aha. honest opinion now. how do you find the total control. Also on the crossfader is it smoth enough so that when you flick the crossfader it travels right over to the other side so that it can be used to flick between sides extremely quickly.
I want one of these myself you see for use with ableton but i wasnt sure how good they are.
Athomix
Hey i'm too a dj (scratch and live), me i like to play my remix of hardcore with very old song, and i play a lot of techno, trance, dance, electro (mix all that song for a lot of people during nights is so good Wink ).
Are you too producer?
thejam
Hey i am a DJ 2,
I still play vinyl, but also play cd's ( i have pioneer cdj 1000 mk2 set). Due to big logistical problems (i live in Shanghai, so i always need to import my records from very far away) i want to switch to compu. I heard good things about M audio. (anyone suggestions/expierence on this one?)

Ow i play pretty downtempo: nu soul/jazz, (deep)house
The Mitchell
thejam wrote:
Hey i am a DJ 2,
I still play vinyl, but also play cd's ( i have pioneer cdj 1000 mk2 set). Due to big logistical problems (i live in Shanghai, so i always need to import my records from very far away) i want to switch to compu. I heard good things about M audio. (anyone suggestions/expierence on this one?)

Ow i play pretty downtempo: nu soul/jazz, (deep)house

maudio are ok
i use an m audio keyboard one of the lower end models. the oxygen 8. i find theyre ok but through usb i find latency issues with their midi interfaces. i tend to use my maudio stuff via the midi out into my soundcard as i have no latency issues there.
Athomix
In the electronic music lover, is there producer Question
And if you are one, wich program do you use Question Very Happy
Kamo
Check my signature..thank you Smile
Athomix
I've here a very good mix of Justice at I love techno in belgium. What do you think about?
SimonWSTS
Um... I'm a little confused here. Why has reggae made it into a list of genres containing techno, house, trance & progressive styles!? This seems like an odd genre to put in such a list!

However to answer the question I am a big reggae fan, not so much of the other genres unless I'm in a club!