FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Share you ''DID YOU KNOW'' Facts

Fariza
well i just thought about this, lets share our FACTS/TIPS and stuff could be knowledgable

i'll post some interesting facts i found Very Happy

Quote:
On average, 13,000 earthquakes are located each year.

The magnetic north pole is near Ellef Ringes Island in northern Canada.

The magnetic south pole was discovered off the coast of Wilkes Land in Antarctica.

There is zero gravity at the centre of earth.

the deepest mine in the world is Western Deep Levels near Charletonville, South Africa. It is 4,2km (2.6 miles) deep.

The deepest point in the sea: the Mariana Trench off Guam in the Pacific Ocean; it is 10,9 km (6.77 miles) below sea level.

Earth is slowing down - in a few million years there won't be a leap year.

These are not written by me so no credit to me Very Happy just researched em.

Post some of yours x[)
loryl
Did you know that the majority of French "who wants to be a millionaire?" viewers believe that the Sun rotates around the Earth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhlERjW0bhw

The stupidity of the human race shocks me sometimes.
imagefree
loryl wrote:
Did you know that the majority of French "who wants to be a millionaire?" viewers believe that the Sun rotates around the Earth?

Well infact the sun do revolve around the earth. May be you dont agree, may be scientist dont agree (i dont know what scientist say exactly about this), but the fact is what i told you. Its what God said.
DoctorBeaver
imagefree wrote:
loryl wrote:

Well infact the sun do revolve around the earth. May be you dont agree, may be scientist dont agree (i dont know what scientist say exactly about this), but the fact is what i told you. Its what God said.

Srs2388
did you know that gasoline is flammable?
I have a good one..
did you know that you are never going to catch a break?
you are in school...ti'll you 18... you HAVE to go... then you HAVE to work after that until you are old enough to retire.. then your too old to do anything or care.
teknotom
Oohm ooh! I have one!

You do not infact eat 9 spiders throughout your sleeping life. It is infact a fallacy.
KHO
You can't simultaneously lick both your lips and your nose.
imagefree
DoctorBeaver wrote:
imagefree wrote:
loryl wrote:

Very Happy
otiscom
The armadilo is the only other mamal apart from humans that can get leprosy!
annie14892
*jumps into conversation* Did you know that I am very random?

Haha, enough joking around.. Here are some "did you know" facts:

In 2001, total meat consumption (red meat, poultry, and fish) amounted to 194 pounds per person, 16 pounds above the level in 1970. Each American consumed an average of 21 pounds less red meat (mostly less beef) than in 1970, 34 pounds more poultry, and 3.4 pounds more fish.' -- www.fun-facts.com

I am a vegetarian, so maybe I am the few who makes the meat consumption average go down.. Silenced

Did you know that English doesn't have to be read or written from left to right. It just is.
So are all the letters/numbers..I mean, "O" can be switched to be pronounced as "A" and "A" as "O". It'll just take a VERY long time to get used to.. (8

Did you know that.. Vikings used the skulls of their enemies as drinking vessels? That's just eww..

Okay, enough facts from me now.. Very Happy
Davidgr1200
Quote:

1. Can you show me the physics or the maths behind this statement?
2. Can you give me a bible reference where it unequivocally says "The Sun orbits the Earth"?
( A mention of the sun standing still in the sky is not sufficient as that can be interpreted both ways)
sprnews4u
Did you know black to your eyes is just a whole!! - I saw in on a television programs years ago.

Just another pices of worthless infomation that i have in my head!!
ocalhoun
In the interest of saving this thread; a 'did you know' that has some interesting implications:
Quote:
In 9 out of 13 cases, warts can be cured by hypnosis.
It is also possible to cure warts on just one side of the body this way, leaving the warts on the other side of the body unchanged.
[FuN]goku
did you know you can get stoned off peanut skins by smoking them? lol i learned that last week.
Sarcas
Sneezing is like 1/10 of an orgasm
The only book with more existing copies than the bible is the ikea folder
In america, in 22% of the cases a pizza courier would arrive faster than an ambulance

There was a song about this or something - these are sorta the only ones i can remember
tony
sprnews4u wrote:
Did you know black to your eyes is just a whole!! - I saw in on a television programs years ago.

Just another pices of worthless infomation that i have in my head!!

i don quite get you? mean you that black is the absense of light, absense of colour, instead all absorbed in the substance?

this one will make sense to me but before i don get it...
tony
[FuN]goku wrote:
did you know you can get stoned off peanut skins by smoking them? lol i learned that last week.

WHOA!! must try that! haha, jk of course.

wow, i think this is the most interesting thread on frihost forums; so much itneresting things - amazing!!
Kestrad
did you know that birds have extremely specialized lungs so they can have enough oxygen to sustain flight?
Agent ME
ocalhoun wrote:
In the interest of saving this thread; a 'did you know' that has some interesting implications:
Quote:
In 9 out of 13 cases, warts can be cured by hypnosis.
It is also possible to cure warts on just one side of the body this way, leaving the warts on the other side of the body unchanged.

Rofl when I saw this post, your sig had a mushroom cloud and said "Proper application of nuclear force can solve anything". Laughing
taytay
Did you know broken bones hurt really bad?

But if your hyper active then adrenaline can delay the pain for about 45 minutes?

lol.

Quote:
When you die your hair still grows for a couple of months.

The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.

The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet (9 m).

The largest number of children born to one woman is recorded at 69. From 1725-1765, a Russian peasant woman gave birth to 16 sets of twins, 7 sets of triplets, and 4 sets of quadruplets.

"Facts" in the quote box where found on http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~bingbin/

This was actually exciting. :p try google(ing) "random facts". I just took the first link I saw.
coolclay
Did you know that male Opossums have 2 penises, and females have 2 vaginas. I didn't find that one out into my dog killed a male opossum, and I saw it with my own eyes!
kiranaghor
Did u know that Apple, potato and onion have same taste. Difference is caused by their smell.

(I dont know if this is true!)
jharsika
Did you know that the animal with the longest penis in the world is a shellfish? It gropes around the sea floor for many meters/feet to find a mate. I saw it on National Geographic Smile
tidruG
coolclay wrote:
Did you know that male Opossums have 2 penises, and females have 2 vaginas. I didn't find that one out into my dog killed a male opossum, and I saw it with my own eyes!

Actually, this is not true. Actually, the opossum has only one penis, but it's bifurcated.
taytay
jharsika wrote:
Did you know that the animal with the longest penis in the world is a shellfish? It gropes around the sea floor for many meters/feet to find a mate. I saw it on National Geographic Smile

you "saw" it =X

KTM made a concept car that will go 0 - 100 km/h in under 3.9 seconds. I want me one ^_^ KTM's rule!!!
Genesiz
Here are just a load of facts i found on the internet:

-In England the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
-All of the clocks in Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20.
-Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
-There are, on average, 259 raisins in a box of Raisin Bran and 388 in a box of Premium Raisin Bran.
-There is no ice covering Iceland.
-The swastika was origionaly a symbol of peace and honor and is still used by Buddhists today.
-Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
-The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
-In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.

In all honesty none of them are that interesting, but you could have learnt something in the time it has taken you to read this post.
Fariza
woah woah!! nice work guys Very Happy i never knew you all would actually reply Very Happy great community Very Happy
eku53ru
teknotom wrote:
Oohm ooh! I have one!

You do not infact eat 9 spiders throughout your sleeping life. It is infact a fallacy.

Oh man, thank goodness. XD I heard that as twelve spiders from my sister's science teacher some years ago, and I've sadly, but adamantly, attempt to sleep with my mouth closed. It doesn't always work, however.

As for a did-you-know fact - did you know that the oldest goldfish lived to be about forty years of age? I remember reading that in the Guinness Book of World Records and hearing that on the television on this kid's show I watched.
ReubenWilliams
imagefree wrote:
loryl wrote:

God also told me to eat your balls
ReubenWilliams
All Koala Bears have Chlymidia!

Slugs have both sex organs and impregnate eachother simuoltaneously when mating.

your nerves laid end to end would stretch all the way around the world.

Also One that I have heard but not had verified is that there are more connections in your brain than there are stars in the sky.
James007
Did you know I think this topic is absolutely useless?

-close-