FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

hmm history.

Fariza
Well i didnt take history at school but im pretty interested in it :d but i dont kno much lol Very Happy

can someone tell me good books to read or like research about good topics? haha i dont wanna read something no one else has lol.
silverGFX
Just one question.

How could you not take history in school? I'm pretty sure its mandatory in the US. Unless you're from a different country, then it would probably do some good to tell people what kind of history you would like to know about. But, if you would like to read oabout some of my favorite, its the Revolutionary War. When america fought for independence from Britain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War

I hope this helps you Wink
neroyert
Wikipedia can be a great source, but you have to take everything you get from wikipedia and verify it somehow. It can also get pretty biased, and I have to second the above question how did you dodge history all through school?
MKsafetalk
Fariza wrote:
Well i didnt take history at school but im pretty interested in it :d but i dont kno much lol Very Happy

can someone tell me good books to read or like research about good topics? haha i dont wanna read something no one else has lol.

here is a trick about learing hisery is to first find what time peired you want to learn about
lets say your more intrested in wwII, or maby the depreshing, study that
then find out why you like that time peired, like you had family in it or you like the problems of that time.
then you study it. go to the libray and,OH history chanal if you get it.
{name here}
neroyert wrote:
Wikipedia can be a great source, but you have to take everything you get from wikipedia and verify it somehow. It can also get pretty biased, and I have to second the above question how did you dodge history all through school?

If you think Wikipedia is biased, try Conservapedia. That's worse than Wikipedia could ever be.
Due to rules, you can always look at primary and secondary sources located at the end of the article. I'm sure that a history article would definitely have primary and secondary sources for you to check out if you can't trust the article entry.

There's also Citizendium. It doesn't have a lot of articles, but what you can find there is generally more reliable than on Wikipedia.