FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I live in HONGKONG

Fariza
hey u guys should really visit hongkong, some of u may think its a 3rd world country but thats not true its actually very highly developed, as its a financial trading port, many exports and imports go thru hong kong Very Happy

its also very beautiful!

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:JG6V4ETnroZY7M:http://pictures.exploitz.com/Hong-Kong-15-thumbnail-Hong-Kong--_tngpx10001x14537x1fa4c1096.jpg

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:I50XvGqvhDPZvM:http://www.destination360.com/asia/china/images/s/china-hong-kong.jpg

thats the harbour at nite Very Happy i live near there Razz
sandyclaus
Are pirated goods all over the place? Through teh media here, I get this picture of pirated iPhones available by the bucketfulls in every port in Asia.

I also heard there are feral cows in the land between Hong Kong and China proper. I've always thought The Feral Cows of Hong Kong sounded liek a great band.
woodenbrick
I don't think anyone thinks of Hong Kong as 3rd world. I did stop over there for 6 hours on my way to Australia, but it was during the SARS epidemic so I stayed in the airport Sad
toughtrio
The Hong Kong university is giving COMPLETE scholarships to two students from my school. I was really curious on asking about how stuff goes around in Hong Kong... I was quite disturbed by those epidemics that emerged from Hong Kong, and I guess that MIGHT be a limiting factor as to why I might not apply there..

So, if I get a FULL scholarship, why do you people think I should go there and spend 5 years of my life.. It really is a tough decision, and I need as much help and information as I can.

Warm Regards,
Fariza
well yes! you shuld

hong kong is not like ney other place in the world, if ur educated here with a 1st class degree boy u can get any sort of job, HKs education is remarkably hard and competitive because of the large amount of people it is really hard to get into universitys here Very Happy os if you get one i really suggest you to go for it Very Happy

and life here aint bad at all there are the chicks, the clubs, partays and huge communities here you shuld do it Very Happy
jwellsy
Ahhh, the tram to Peak Victoria with it's bamboo walkway,
the Star Ferry to Kowloon
and island hopping in a junk.

From what I've seen,
China has cleaned it up a bunch
since taking over.
I was there in 1978.
jharsika
Great time to be posting about China(sarcasm).....it has a very bad reputation(at least in Canada) right now for exporting poisonous goods. How any millions of children and people have died because of China's lowered health (inspection) standards?

It's not 3rd world, but it sure isn't exactly the best place to live. There is such a difference between rich and poor.

Someday I want to do the Wall. Walk/hike/bike it or something. I think that would be true China, and very cool.

Nothing against China itself, just hate it's government.
Shewolf
jharsika wrote:
Great time to be posting about China(sarcasm).....it has a very bad reputation(at least in Canada) right now for exporting poisonous goods. How any millions of children and people have died because of China's lowered health (inspection) standards?

It's not 3rd world, but it sure isn't exactly the best place to live. There is such a difference between rich and poor.

Someday I want to do the Wall. Walk/hike/bike it or something. I think that would be true China, and very cool.

Nothing against China itself, just hate it's government.

That makes the two of us then.
I love Chineese culture, and acient history, but the China of today? Well, it's not my dream at least.
toughtrio
It seems that we are having different views on life and stuff in Hong Kong.. I really am facing a dillema on even applying to Hong Kong or no.. I am not offending anyone, it's just the fact that being in a city where MOST of the people look the same, like typical Chinese faces.. This is not intended to be a joke, it's a truth which I'm thinking of. Besides, i'll always have a problem the language spoken over there, and will always be looked as a complete foreigner.. I mean, I'll always be treated as a foreigner wherever I go, but it would be easy to adjust in a country where there already are many people from different places..

Strong reasons to motivate me would be greatly appreciated..

Warm Regards,
thejam
Does anyone familiar in/arrround HK knows what the best way is to go to Hainan?
Sanya or Haikou doesn't really matter. Need to pick up some equipment in HK, before checking out the surf in Hainan...

ow i live in Shanghai Razz
johans
Hongkong is well developed country and now its getting more expensive to live in HK. they got complete facilities for faster transportation from BUS, train and taxi.

For me, Hongkong is a good country to visit but not a good place to stay based on my opinion. HK is very small and you can reached the end to end in one day and you just saw a jungle of concrete.
Extreme-Codes
I love to know the history about other countrys as well as Honk Kong , so i thought i would share what i have read about it .

Code:
Hong Kong began as a coastal island geographically located off the southern coast of China. While pockets of settlements had taken place in the region with archaeological findings dating back thousands of years, regular written records were not made until the engagement of Imperial China and the British Colony in the territory. Starting out as a fishing village, salt production site and trading ground, it later evolved into a military port of strategic importance and eventually an international financial centre that has the world's 6th highest GDP (PPP) per capita, supporting 33% of the foreign capital flows into China.
rayjinx
i love in the USA