FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Did you meet you gf/bf online?

tahoestyle
Just curious if any of you met your gf/bf online... I met my g/f online and on myspace of allplaces....lol but hey going on 2 years now! thanks Tom!!! ROTFL Cool
Fariza
wow thats sweeett!! how is she? i mean do u guys lack anything real non-online relationships lack, i really wanna know the differences and stuff cuz meeting someone online you have never seen before never talked with before and stuff just seems a lil weird for me lol.
molif
i met her in school..

the risk of meeting someone online means they could be far away though. does she stay in the same country as you..?
supjapscrapper
I have met some friends online, whom I never saw for some of them, but still friends and I talk to them regularly. But none of my real good friends have I met online, and even less a girlfriend Very Happy I think that it could be possible if people are ready for it and you always hear about people even getting married, but I think it would be too complicated for me to be with someone I can't have in my arms every night....
tahoestyle
Fariza wrote:
wow thats sweeett!! how is she? i mean do u guys lack anything real non-online relationships lack, i really wanna know the differences and stuff cuz meeting someone online you have never seen before never talked with before and stuff just seems a lil weird for me lol.

When we first met on Myspace, we would leave the typical have a good day, happy friday type messages and then we began with small talk like hows your day and the dog, the weather - you know, the cheesy stuff...then it got to food, favorite foods, likes and dislikes. A Few months rolled by with all this myspacing back and forth when I finally got the courage to ask her on a date because like most people, it is weird and can be an uncomfortable situation meeting people online. I figured well Ive got about 2 months of chatter online line, one date wouldn't hurt - So I took her to her favorite restaurant's and I can honestly say that I really felt we had so much in common and "clicked" with one another! I mean we couldn't stop talking to one another for the first hour we got to the restaraunt and the waiter had finally come back to our table when we realized an hour had gone by and we never ordered the food!

So to answer your question I guess it really depends on the individuals...To date we are now happily living together!
tahoestyle
molif wrote:
i met her in school..

the risk of meeting someone online means they could be far away though. does she stay in the same country as you..?

yep, we live together now Very Happy
molif
that is good. it's not nice to meet someone online and they are in another country. it's rather sweet you 2 could have so much to talk about and forget to order food!
tahoestyle
molif wrote:
that is good. it's not nice to meet someone online and they are in another country. it's rather sweet you 2 could have so much to talk about and forget to order food!

Yes, I agree - awhile back I tried the long distance relationship ( she lived in Australia ) and we met a few times as she took vacation to ski in Lake Tahoe - We had something, I know we did Wink but definetly the miles of seperation was difficult and we eventually lost each other ;-(
pudovkin
I think all this Internet human relationships are great.
I've had a girlfriend, who I've met in fotolog.com. We stayed together for about 3 years.
Also I have great friends that I've met on Internet, who I hang out very often.
It's not something strictly virtual, with no physical contact.

Most of girls I meet on night clubs, for example, I develop part of our contact on Internet. MSN, Orkut, anything is valid to better know the person and to understand him/her better.
agustin
no. I met my girlfriend in ths streets.
LeatherRose
i met my fiance on vampirefreaks.com..
that was about 2 years...
feb.10 was 2 years
virre
I got togheter with my girlfriend through a dateing page. Their is of course both cons and pros to this, one of them is distance, one of the other is that you aren't showing/shown all parts of personality, and that you might project to much wish into those things...
Subsonic Sound
About two and a quarter years now, and going stronger than ever. She lives a long way away - a very long way, in fact, but we try and meet up as often as we can afford. We're neither of us rich, so that's less often than we'd like, transatlantic air-fees being what they are. But still... it could be a lot worse.

The situation is difficult, yes. Many people would say 'why bother? Find someone closer to home'. And if it's a wild fling, a casual crush or a purely physical thing, that's a fair point. But if it's love, it's truly ridiculous to even ask.

Yes, I could very likely find a girl closer to home. But she wouldn't be the same. She wouldn't make me laugh so effortlessly, wouldn't get so hugely excited over such tiny things, wouldn't have that smile that still melts me inside even now. There's other girls, but only one of her.
bluefossil
I met my wife through playing World of Warcraft. She is a level 70 night elf
mawfia
I met my second girlfrend on myspace...was actually random meeting. She was in another state at the time and when I ended up stationed in the same state we arranged to meet at the Iwo Jima Memorial. It worked out well enough for us to date for over six months.

My next girlfriend we me on facebook. She actually messaged me and we hit it off. Eventually we agreed to meet and we are still dating today.
DawnOfStrength
I have never dated or "played" online. Call me old fashioned but I would rather see them in person rather then gazing at them through a computer screen.
Subsonic Sound
Well so would I, and I'd never LOOK for love online, but... well. If you find love, you follow it. No matter where you found t.
pashmina
i never trust the people available online, who knows the the teenager on the net might just be the 60 years only lady.. LOL!!
annapurnatraders
we just got married after 10years of deep relationship. We just got married couple of months back. We were high school sweethearts. We love each other very much and everyday our love grows even more exciting and interesting.
I guess when u get used to one thing you don't to change.

ni
Deias
Been Married for 5 years now, meet my wife through yahoo chat, in the roleplay area. My Character was trying to kill her character but while waiting for other members of the roleplay to arrive we would just chatter about different real life stuff get to know each other, soon I relized I was getting online not to roleplay but to talk with her, we lived across the country from each other though so I thought the date idea would be out of the question. after 8 months of just talking to each other though I hopped into the car one day, before her birthday and drove the 16 hours to her collage campus. knocked on her door with two dozen roses in hand dressed in my best suit and asked her on a date.

we still game together, play MMO games like World of warcraft or secondlife together. and just generally have fun but its always a fun moment when we are asked how we are meet. I feel Im one of the only guys that can say. well I meet my wife while I was trying to kill her
supjapscrapper
agustin wrote:
no. I met my girlfriend in ths streets.

lol, what do you mean by in the streets? litterally? that must have been funny!
supjapscrapper
Deias wrote:
Been Married for 5 years now, meet my wife through yahoo chat, in the roleplay area. My Character was trying to kill her character but while waiting for other members of the roleplay to arrive we would just chatter about different real life stuff get to know each other, soon I relized I was getting online not to roleplay but to talk with her, we lived across the country from each other though so I thought the date idea would be out of the question. after 8 months of just talking to each other though I hopped into the car one day, before her birthday and drove the 16 hours to her collage campus. knocked on her door with two dozen roses in hand dressed in my best suit and asked her on a date.

we still game together, play MMO games like World of warcraft or secondlife together. and just generally have fun but its always a fun moment when we are asked how we are meet. I feel Im one of the only guys that can say. well I meet my wife while I was trying to kill her

and you certainly got sense of humour Very Happy this is a crazy strory really, and I dunno what the craziest is, that a woman spends so much time in Role play or MMO games or that you decided to marry her Very Happy
molif
Subsonic Sound wrote:
Well so would I, and I'd never LOOK for love online, but... well. If you find love, you follow it. No matter where you found t.

this is true. in the end it doesn't matter where you met, it's whether u took it a step further..
shigella
well i have been chatting with a guy for almost 8 months now. we started being e-pals then progress into chatmates. this guy we got a lot of differences, for the first few months we did argue about different things but later on we both learned to compromise. then the idea of u talking to him everyday telling him all the things that happened to your day is such a nice feeling.first i got confused what i feel for him until i told him that i like him...and we had this mutual agreement. now we take our time. i call him hon and he call me babe. but nothing more than that. no sweet messages no future plans. not at all. we just talk about different things.everyday happenings in life. share a comments and views. just that simple. means we talk like before. generally friends. i once opened that idea of meeting each other. but i guess reality check shud be done. I am in Asia and he is in Europe. So what we both agreed. I do my stuffs here, continue with my usual life and same with him. and if life permit us to meet, only time can tell. we take our time. not in a rush. we both said that there's a lot of time ahead of us. so we end up being like that. no promises. just only the idea that he is always there.
molif
shigella wrote:
well i have been chatting with a guy for almost 8 months now. we started being e-pals then progress into chatmates. this guy we got a lot of differences, for the first few months we did argue about different things but later on we both learned to compromise. then the idea of u talking to him everyday telling him all the things that happened to your day is such a nice feeling.first i got confused what i feel for him until i told him that i like him...and we had this mutual agreement. now we take our time. i call him hon and he call me babe. but nothing more than that. no sweet messages no future plans. not at all. we just talk about different things.everyday happenings in life. share a comments and views. just that simple. means we talk like before. generally friends. i once opened that idea of meeting each other. but i guess reality check shud be done. I am in Asia and he is in Europe. So what we both agreed. I do my stuffs here, continue with my usual life and same with him. and if life permit us to meet, only time can tell. we take our time. not in a rush. we both said that there's a lot of time ahead of us. so we end up being like that. no promises. just only the idea that he is always there.

wow, that's a mouthful.. i agree.. take your time.. hopefully it works out if it's meant to be..
prole
bluefossil wrote:
I met my wife through playing World of Warcraft. She is a level 70 night elf

Oowwow Angel

is the only thing i can think of to say. i kinda admire that
shigella
Yes mollif...at first it was hard cause it isn't normal. Online relationships aren't the society are used to. Just like me, i used to think that people who are engaged at it are cheap, desperate and hopeless. Here in the philippines most women chat for the sake of greencard, money or whatever. I hope you are getting me.
And the fact that I got a big world here, I got friends, I met different people in work and etc. So I just had this notion "why waste my time chatting to someone I do not personally know".
I hope you go on chatrooms right?Most people there want to chat to release body heat, know what i mean? So I am really discouraged with the system people on chatroom implies. Plus the fact that people can make their own fabulous story taking advantage that they won't be able to meet their chatmate.
But this man is different. He talk nothing but the truth and I can testify to that. Plus the fact that there are no pressures between us. And I kinda like that. I go on mine and same with him.
jipmerite
I didn't meet my wife online... but i do have a friend who started his relationship with his wife online. But he already know her in real life too. It's just that their love life blossomed online. And I have another friend who hooked up with a guy online and they later met in person and they almost got married. They didn't end up getting married but things got really serious.

So I guess we have to accept and appreciate that online relationships are feasible these days. Some people might have difficulty accepting it but after a few generations from now, it'll be as common and accepted as sliced break.
rheanna
Seems to be a waste of time for me..So, I don't know.
mawfia
Trust me if you travel alot in the military you began to see how much of a degenerate populatiion live near or on bases...so it becomes necessary to connect with people not in your immediate area. Not saying that everyone that lives in a military town is degenerate but lets face it bases are built on the cheapest land possible and in the poorest neighborhodds. So if you didn't find her in high school, college, or the military, your SOL. On the other hand you have divorced military wives that flock the local taverns.

I can say in most of the military towns I have lived there really is no incentive for anyone with a college education to want to stay and work in base areas, unless your business is in dealing with military.

So in short I could either take my chances at the grocery store or think outside the box.
dan751
My second girlfriend I met online. However, my third and most recent, no. I met her at school. I think it was a really good thing meeting her. We're a perfect match for each other.
pudding
I myself don't believe in long-distance relationships, I do believe in long-distance friendships. But hey! I am young, I can't travel each weekend to see another person.
wise
I met mine via sms. It is already 10 months now that we are together,
mister-x
Yes mollif...at first it was hard cause it isn't normal. Online relationships aren't the society are used to. Just like me, i used to think that people who are engaged at it are cheap, desperate and hopeless. Here in the philippines most women chat for the sake of greencard, money or whatever. I hope you are getting me.
And the fact that I got a big world here, I got friends, I met different people in work and etc. So I just had this notion "why waste my time chatting to someone I do not personally know".
I hope you go on chatrooms right?Most people there want to chat to release body heat, know what i mean? So I am really discouraged with the system people on chatroom implies. Plus the fact that people can make their own fabulous story taking advantage that they won't be able to meet their chatmate.
But this man is different. He talk nothing but the truth and I can testify to that. Plus the fact that there are no pressures between us. And I kinda like that. I go on mine and same with him.
patasarriba
I know people who have tried it and turned out to live happily ever after, and I'm happy for them.

And yet, I find it creepy. I had a few friends in Peru who were "seduced" by European or American men online, when those guys were obviously con men just trying to take advantage of poor women in a desperate situation. (Cue Laura en America.) But I thought it was creepy even before that. I'm prejudiced, I guess.
chic4u03
well as everybody saying about they met online bf/gf...and the other not favor of online
relationship.i have no comment to that but respect them to those who not favor of online
relationship.but for me i found my future bf online,actually that guy is not really my chatmate.
it was introduced by my female.my bf is my female friend chat mate on yahoo then they had
photo sharing my bf spotted me in the photo of my female friend and she ask & get to my friend
my yahoo id.that was started...were only 5 months...
davidv
I initially met my ex in person. Another friend at the time introduced me to her, however we did spend a lot of our time talking online. Long story short, I'm not going date anyone that I talk and see more often online than in person ever again. Embarassed
inuyasha
We are now in different cities and usually I telephone her or we chat online. Humm... that was not nearly online relationship `coz we were classmates. But now it is quite similar.
forsen
I have meet many girl irl after i talk with them online but its not easy to know if its a kind and serious girl before i have meeting them in about any months
codersfriend
Yes It doesn't really matter where you met her as long as you find true happiness with her Smile
donoob88
me and my girl started in text messaging (i guess her number) then, when we are bf/gf. we use to web chat each other, it's nice, we are still have relationship Very Happy
Ankhanu
I met my wife chatting on IRC (On DalNet, the same network #FriHost is on now!!).
We met in a channel themed on a common interest at the time, eventually talking in private message about topics happening in the channel that we didn't want to share with the channel at large, and that turned to just personal chatting back and forth in addition to what was happening in the channel. We became friends, then after a few months, we met. She came to visit me (we lived in different countries), and we started an actual relationship. She went home, months later, I visited her and she came back to Canada with me, and we got married.

That was nearly 11 years ago now.
abhizz
lot of times and still we are chatting