FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

OFFICIAL : First Ever Frihost Writing Contest !

tidruG
Having got a not-too-bad response on the Pre-announcement poll, we've decided to launch the First ever Official Frihost Writing Contest.

As you probably already know, this contest is about Harry Potter, and we're giving you the chance to re-write Harry's life!

The Contest
Having read the last book, I would say that I personally wasn't particularly satisfied with the Epilogue. I'm sure that a lot of people probably agree with me, as they would probably have liked a lot of things to end differently. So, here's your chance to do just that:

In a nutshell, you're going to re-write the Epilogue for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

All the living characters are at your disposal. Feel free to change the epilogue entirely, and write it exactly as you wish. For example, you can change:
  • Time-lines (your epilogue needn't be 19 years in the future!)
  • Careers
  • You can add or remove additional information/characters to your epilogue
  • etc

Rules
  1. You may submit only one entry.
  2. You may NOT copy your entries from any other website or fan-fiction group. If you are found to have copied your entry from somewhere else, you will be disqualified, and you could also face a hefty fine in terms of FRIH$
  3. There is no strict word limit. But do remember, making it too long or too short could work against you.
  4. Once you submit your entry, you may not be allowed to edit it. So, please make sure you've previewed your entry many times before you actually submit it.

Marking Criteria
I cannot give out details related to the marking criteria. However, I will give you some pointers:
  • Spelling errors/typos/grammar mistakes will cost you a lot of marks.
  • Coherency and fluidity of expression are also important.
  • Do not hesitate to be creative.
  • Try to make it an oustanding ending for an epic series.

Judges
I will be appointing a few judges, but their names shall not be disclosed on the forums. The only 2 people who are certain to be on the panel are mathiaus and myself.
If by any chance you happen to find out who the other judges are, please keep this information to yourself.
If you are found trying to bribe or influence a judge in any way, your entry will be disqualified, and a fine will be levied against you.
Judges are (obviously) not eligible for the prizes, but their entries (if they choose to write) will be given a special mention. I will be sending invites to judge the contest in the next couple of days.
I also want each entry to be reviewed by a judge. Each participant will receive a PM from a judge with a review of their entry, although this may take some time. This will hopefully help you improve for future contests.

Timeline
The contest will be hosted on mathiaus' site (this means that your entries will continue to remain on his site, and may probably be viewable by other visitors to his site), and we will be providing a link to where you can post your entries within the next few days.
Once the link is provided, you have 2 weeks to submit your entries (from the date on which the link has been given)
I can't guarantee how long after the closing date the results will be announced, since I want to give enough time to the judges to mark the entries without any pressure.

Prizes
Since this is an official contest, we're giving away a large amount of prizes:
1. First prize - 1000 FRIH$
2. Second - 750 FRIH$
3. Third - 500 FRIH$

There may also be some runners-up prizes and/or participation prizes based on the participation levels.

==============

I'm announcing this topic a bit in advance of the actual opening to give you all even more time to work on your entries.

BEST OF LUCK, and may the best writer win!

Keep checking this topic for regular updates. I'm caught up in some things, so I will be sending out Judging invites over the weekend. Feel free to start working on your entries, though.

We are almost done testing the submission pages. You ought to get a link for it within the next 1-2 days.

==============

Update (25/Aug/07):
You can now submit your entries at the following URL:
http://contest.siriusblacks.co.uk
Best of luck, but remember : Do not submit till you have checked and double-checked your entries. I'll announce the submission closing date shortly, but it's bound to be around 2 weeks.

==============

Update (29/Aug/07):
The last date for submission is September 10.

==============

Update (07/Sep/07):
If you need more time for writing your entries, please let me know, and I'll extend the deadline.
Also, first 5 submissions are going to get extra points for submitting early (+2 points to first 5 submitters)

==============

Update (13/Sep/07):
The last date for submission is extended to 17 September, 2007..

==============

Update (26/Sep/07):
Contest closed now. Results to be announced shortly.

==============
HalfBloodPrince
Wow! Ok, I'll get a start on that!

And I agree...the epilogue didnt even seem like JKR writing...like a novice fan-fic more like.

And it was too sweet...
LukeakaDanish
I am definitely giving this a go - I'm not that eloquent but a long time Harry Potter fanatic who likes to write stuff (and absolutely HATED that crappy epilogue)

If I should win the money I will use it to set up a frih charity Smile

Super idea!

BTW: The epilogue sucked because she wrote it as the first chapter (before even starting to write HP1) - so she simply didnt have the writing skills she would get later - for some reason she felt she had to keep it...no idea why though Smile
saratdear
Thanks for opening this so soon! Definitely going to give this a try.

Now, I just need to get the right mindset...
Kestrad
Cool, a writing contest! I'm going to do this...if I can commit myself to actually writing something and overcome laziness...
miacps
You guys should have a short story contest in the future. It'll finally give me a reason to finish my awesome story of "The Cockroach". Wink
tidruG
This is only the beginning, miacps. In the future, there are going to be various topics for the contest. In the mean time, try participating in this. I am trying to code some things on another website, and if it works out, I'll be holding a lot more contests on various themes.
truespeed
Can someone with absolutely no knowledge of harry potter enter this contest? ive read the brief for the short story,and it seems like pretty much anyone could fill the brief criteria without having actually read a book or seen a film.
LukeakaDanish
truespeed wrote:
Can someone with absolutely no knowledge of harry potter enter this contest? ive read the brief for the short story,and it seems like pretty much anyone could fill the brief criteria without having actually read a book or seen a film.

Try to make it an oustanding ending for an epic series.

I think that part might be kinda difficult to you if you have no knowledge og the characters and the universe of HP...

Feel free to try anyway though Smile
teknotom
Is there a form we fill in? Where do we send it?
mathiaus
There is a form. It just hasn't been released yet but it doesn't need to be really as you need to write your story first Very Happy
tidruG
truespeed wrote:

Sure you can!
All you really need is to know which characters are alive, and which characters are dead, and a few major incidents which could help you decide which character ends up with which character. I'm sure you have friends who have probably read all the Harry Potter books, so ask them for the really important plot details. Otherwise, just PM me, and I'll PM you some of the major plot details over the weekend, when I have more time.

teknotom wrote:
Yes, there is. We're just beta-testing it right now. I'll release the link over the weekend. In the mean time you could start working on your entry. The form is only to be used at the last step, when you are ready to submit your entry.
furtasacra
tidruG wrote:
truespeed wrote:

Sure you can!
All you really need is to know which characters are alive, and which characters are dead, and a few major incidents which could help you decide which character ends up with which character. I'm sure you have friends who have probably read all the Harry Potter books, so ask them for the really important plot details. Otherwise, just PM me, and I'll PM you some of the major plot details over the weekend, when I have more time.

teknotom wrote:
Yes, there is. We're just beta-testing it right now. I'll release the link over the weekend. In the mean time you could start working on your entry. The form is only to be used at the last step, when you are ready to submit your entry.

Poop. I'll wait for something else. I don't know a [your choice of vulgarity here] thing about Harry Potter. I've a nasty habit of avoiding anything that's popular, on general principle.

Could you come up with a writing contest that doesn't have required reading?
filet
You said if the story is too long or too short could work against you, so can you give like how many words or pages you prefer...
Thanks
emem
Now I just have to buy the book and read it Smile Because if I start writting... I am already a winner Razz
tidruG
Quote:
Could you come up with a writing contest that doesn't have required reading?
Yes, as I've already mentioned, I do plan to branch out to several other topics once I get the coding done for writing contests, either here itself on Frihost or on some other website.

Quote:
You said if the story is too long or too short could work against you, so can you give like how many words or pages you prefer...
There is absolutely no preference as far as word-limits are concerned. There are no marks for ideal number of words. All I meant was that if it's too short, you might end up not putting in enough into your entry, and if it drags on too long without any purpose, you could bore the readers.
tidruG
I've just updated the original post with a link to where you can submit your entries.
You can now submit your entries at : http://contest.siriusblacks.co.uk
Loghete
Ah phew, thought I were the only one thinking that the epilogue sucked. Smile

I like writing, but I don't think I have time and motivation to enter this contest..
Zach25
Cool. I think I might just do this. I wasn't thrilled with the ending, so this will be good to do. I'm bored too, so...........

Razz
Star Wars Fanatic
Good luck to everyone, this contest is a really great idea, and the epilogue did seem a little... meh... Rolling Eyes

I'm not going to be entering, I don't really have the time, nor want to spend the effort Razz

Have fun!!
8ballcrazy
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:
Good luck to everyone, this contest is a really great idea, and the epilogue did seem a little... meh... Rolling Eyes

I'm not going to be entering, I don't really have the time, nor want to spend the effort Razz

Have fun!!

same,but cool contest
Dark_Jedi06
If only I read or remotely enjoyed Harry Potter... Razz

Regardless, this is a great idea! I can't wait to see what some of the entires look like... Very Happy
DjinniFire
I'm so interested in doing this but I seriously have no time due to school summer homework >.< Maybe I'll jot things down on a napkin at a local starbucks x]
Alkmania
Wow finally a chance to kill Hermione! Very Happy

No but seriously, great idea! Can't compete since school is starting again but I can't wait to read some! Very Happy
tidruG
Well, if no one can compete, but everyone wants to READ the entries, then we're going to end up with very few entries, and too many readers. Come on guys, it's only one essay! It can't take too much time. Just put your ideas into words, and let it rip!
LukeakaDanish
tidruG wrote:
Well, if no one can compete, but everyone wants to READ the entries, then we're going to end up with very few entries, and too many readers. Come on guys, it's only one essay! It can't take too much time. Just put your ideas into words, and let it rip!

Just checking: You have received mine right?
saratdear
LukeakaDanish wrote:
tidruG wrote:

You have already finished yours?

Um..I'd better start soon! Shocked
tidruG
Well, if you have received the e-mail confirming that your entry has reached the database, then it probably has. :)

I'm thinking of making September 10 the last day for accepting entries. This will give you 2 more weekends to work on your entries. Evaluation would take about a week more, I suspect... I'll post here when I finalize the closing date.
rightclickscott
I would love to get into a writing contest like this, but the fact that you base it on Harry Potter just turns me off to it. Maybe if it was more freeform creative writing, I'd get involved. Maybe you should take that into consideration for future contests.
tidruG
For the umpteenth time, yes! Future contests will be far more open! Very Happy
We'll just be giving you a theme, and you can go as crazy with it as you want! Razz
mathiaus
LukeakaDanish wrote:

Yes, yours is the first submission to the first writing contest. Congratulations, tidruG will have to keep a little 'records' place.
armaan143
good work bro
but i will take part next time beacause i don't know enough about harry
Genesiz
Definitely entering this. Have been a fan of HP since the off, and now finally a chance to conclude the story how i want.

Oh, and if you win, you can say yours was better than Rowlings!!!
tidruG
Right. This it to officially announce then, that the last date for submission of entries is September 10, according to GMT.
MFSOrtmann
I too found the ending poignant yet unsatisfying. But I respect J.K. Rowling’s right to end her story any way she chooses to.

I grew up with children’s series writers like C.S. Lewis and Laura Ingalls Wilder. I can happily imagine Lucy Pevensie’s children discovering Narnia the same way I think Hermione Grainger’s destined to retire from the Ministry of Magic and become Professor of Charms after Professor Flitwick. I look forward to introducing the H.P. characters to my child, just as she’s discovering the Narnia characters right now.

I would love to wrap up the whole rest of the cast of characters, and put closure to the series in my own way. But it chaps and chafes to think of stepping on J.K. Rowling’s toes. So I’m going to think about this a bit more, and see if I can come up with something that keeps with the spirit of the whole thing for me.
tidruG
Don't look at it that way, then. Simply look at this as a way of ending the series how you would have liked to.
Genesiz
I have spent a couple of days trying to think of how to write my entry and actually it is a lot harder than i imagined. I salute Rowling on having come up with an ending that actually works.

Will probably submit my entry tomorrow.

tidruG, question: When will the winner be announced and where will it be announced?
tidruG
The winner will be announced on this forum itself, but the date of announcement hasn't been fixed yet.
I'm also adding one more piece of information.

Your final score will be out of 100, and the first 5 entries to be submitted will be given +2 points on your final score.
So, hurry up and submit your entries now!

To those of you who are busy, would you like the deadline extended by some time?
Genesiz
tidruG wrote:
Your final score will be out of 100, and the first 5 entries to be submitted will be given +2 points on your final score.
So, hurry up and submit your entries now!

How does the scoring system work. Is it just marks out of 100, or do you get points for things like fluency, originality etc. and then an overall mark is calculated Question

Oh and regarding the extended deadline, it is probably best to wait and see how many entries you get. If you get loads, there's no point. If you get hardly any, extend the deadline.
tidruG
Each entry is marked on about 5 different criteria, and the weightage for each parameter is different. However, I wouldn't want to spill this criteria just yet.

Each judge will send me the scores, and I will total and average the scores.

I'll put up the criteria for the scoring (but not the weightage) in my next update.

If you want to take part in this contest, I suggest you do so as early as possible now, or ask me for some more time to extend the deadline. If there aren't enough entries, I am very likely to call off the contest entirely.
truespeed
tidruG can you give me a quick summary via pm of who is who (just names and stuff will do) and the year its all set in if thats possible and il submit an entry.

Thanks
tidruG
Sure. I'm writing it right now. Expect a (pretty) big PM in a few minutes.
truespeed
Mines done and sent.
tidruG
Thanks, truespeed. Clock's still ticking... any more entries?
Genesiz
Just finishing mine off now.

Probably be 40 minutes or so.
tidruG
Excellent. I think you'll be getting the 2 additional points I promised.

And like I said, if anyone needs more time, let me know.
Genesiz
Ok finished my entry and sent it.

Did you get it OK.
tidruG
Genesiz, your entry has been posted, congrats Smile
Genesiz
Thanks very much. Did i manage to submit it early enough to get the extra 2 points on my score.

If i didn't i'm going to be very annoyed Evil or Very Mad
tidruG
Yes you did! :)

Now, if you know anyone else who wants to submit, please send them a reminder! :D

Unless there are a certain minimum number of entries, I will have to reduce the prizes.
Tristiano77
tidruG wrote:
This is only the beginning, miacps. In the future, there are going to be various topics for the contest. In the mean time, try participating in this. I am trying to code some things on another website, and if it works out, I'll be holding a lot more contests on various themes.

tell me when theres a short story contest, i wrote a 1 page story (she only allowed us to write 1 page) about what happens after a nuclear attack on america with only 3 survivors that try to make it to the nearest town and, well i cant give away too much Wink
truespeed
Tristiano77 wrote:
tidruG wrote:

tell me when theres a short story contest, i wrote a 1 page story (she only allowed us to write 1 page) about what happens after a nuclear attack on america with only 3 survivors that try to make it to the nearest town and, well i cant give away too much Wink

Make the 3 central characters of your story,harry,ron and hermione and you can turn it into the epilogue of the final harry potter book.
Genesiz
tidruG wrote:
Unless there are a certain minimum number of entries, I will have to reduce the prizes.

When you say reduce the prizes, are we talking significantly reduce them, or just slightly. My only with changing the prizes is that some people (myself included) will have spent several hours writing their entries, with the prospect of a large prize at the end. If you were to reduce the prizes, some people may be a bit annoyed.

Myself - i wouldn't be too annoyed as any number of frih$ is good.
tidruG
Originally, the prizes were 1000 FRIH$, 750 FRIH$ and 500 FRIH$.
I was thinking of making them - 600 FRIH$, 400 FRIH$ and 200FRIH$.
Because even making 200FRIH$ will take you a minimum of 40 long posts, which would take you at least a week to make (I am sure it would make up very well for the hours spent in writing the entry)
TomGrey
I planned to enter, I wanted to enter, but just too busy at work and home.

I thought the chief point about the epilogue was freedom -- JK Rowlings! So she didn't have to write more about Harry, although she could if she chose.

The thing is, HP 1-7 is an epic, because it's Good (tho imperfect) vs. Evil. Which is rather uncommon.

Anyway, the real key ending of the story is Kings Cross Station, where Harry chooses to go back to life, rather than 'heaven'.

What about Viktor Krum, tho?
tidruG
If you still want to enter, I can set back the deadline.
saratdear
I just sent you a PM. Nasty decision I had to take, but rather necessary. Sad
tidruG
Yes, I got it. Sad news.
Anyway, we need at least another couple of entries to make this contest happen.
I'm extending the deadline by a few more days to invite more entries. Try messaging your friends if you think they'll be interested in participating.
Captain Fertile
saratdear wrote:
I just sent you a PM. Nasty decision I had to take, but rather necessary. Sad

Are you ok? PM me if I can be of any help otherwise ignore this post I don't mean to pry - just want to be sure you are okay my friend.

Sorry this was off topic but I felt it was important (my sincere and heart felt apologies to thread starter)>>>

Back to the thread...
saratdear
No, no, it is nothing, Captain Fertile. Since I had not started on the entry, and I had exams coming up on the 17th, I had to withdraw from the contest. Sad I felt it would be better to PM him, that's all.

I think all the "nasty decision" and "sad news" phrases are rather ominous, right? Razz
tidruG
Ok, I'm going to extended this for a little more time. I think the total number of entries, so far, is around 4 or 5, which is too little for a real contest. In this case, I'm just going to have to reduce the total prize money, and if the scores are more or less on a similar level, I think I'll just give 300 FRIH$ to all participants for participating.
Genesiz
I really thought there would be more entries to this contest. Massive prize to be won, chance to rewrite an ending that most people thought was rubbish.

Suppose i was wrong. Will there be anymore, or does the lack of entries in this one mean this will be the last Question Question Question
tidruG
I anticipated that this particular contest would not be so popular because of the limitation on it... that one needed to be familiar with Harry Potter, and it would be of advantage to have read the last book as well.

There will be more writing contests for sure, but I will have to think about how to conduct them, since I cannot have mathiaus code for non-Harry Potter related contests on his site.
Genesiz
I think with the next contests you need to open them up more; not to the extent of 'write a short story' more 'write a short story relating to this genre'. The genre of Harry Potter is good, but it does not allow writers very much scope. For instance, a magical themed contest would allow writers to write about HP, but also other magical themes, perhaps coming up with their own idea altogether.

Do you see what i'm getting at.
tidruG
Yes... that's been my intention for the official Frihost writing contest all along. It's also not been limited to a short story only. It's periodically also going to have only-poem entries or only-essay entries, and some times completely open entries.

This time, I wanted to capitalize on the hype over the last HP book. I have had the idea of a regular Frihost Writing Contest in my mind for a long time now. It's only been on the backburner for quite some time because it's been awaiting coding by Bondings. However, I now plan to run it directly on the forums, through PMs, irrespective of how tedious this might become.
johanfh
Cool! Just read about the contest and I like the general idea of it. I read a lot, but haven't read the last Harry Potter, but I'll look whether I can find a copy in the library.
Next saturday I think I have some time to spent writing, so i'll try to compete. It won't be a very long story, because I don't have time to write that before the 17th but I'll do my best.

Yours,
JohanFH
tidruG
hehe, I like your sig!
Take your time. It needn't be too long. Making it too long might work against you.
TomGrey
I think for the first contest you should have had some maximum (e.g. 5 or 10 pages, or some number of words). Those willing to write just a bit don't want to be compared to those willing and time-able to write so much more.

Maybe every contest should have a max, and maybe a min.
tidruG
No, I wouldn't want to limit the length in any way.
But like I said, too long or too short would work against you in any contest.
TomGrey
I understand the theoretic desire for no boundaries, "more freedom". But here's the reality, boundaries increase freedom to actually act in a good way -- within the boundaries, or, if outside, for a good reason.

If a 5 page limit had resulted in 10 new submissions, but one that was submitted being edited down, would that have been better or worse?

Of course, there are no guarantees.

David Bryne (Talking Heads) has problems "writing a song" -- but if told, write a song about some subject -- he can.

You started out with good borders, alternate Harry Potter ending -- but perhaps too much freedom in size (IMO). Had you got 10 submissions, I would be reading them and not writing this.

No way of knowing for sure, in advance. As an idea to try, I challenge you to consider other ideas to increase submissions. Other themes, longer deadlines (you've offered!), etc.
ainieas
You know I'd rather compete with 500 entries, than 5 (keeping in mind in both case I dnt think I'd stand a chance to win!) so what I think is you should open the contest to everyone. Extend the time limit by a month. Advertise in as many HP fan sites that you can and the catch - keep the reward same. To claim the winnings people will have to join Frihost. Laughing I don't think Bondings will mind!
Genesiz
Yeah but the thing is you can't just keep extending the deadline, or people will think 'oh, i dont have to enter now, the deadline will be extended'.

You gotta set a deadline, not change it and finish the contest.
LukeakaDanish
I think its a damn shame that no one's bothering...I did, and the harry potter theme works great for me..Smile - you gotta remember that it isn't possible to pick a theme thats perfect for everyone.
rvec
Quote:
There will be more writing contests for sure, but I will have to think about how to conduct them, since I cannot have mathiaus code for non-Harry Potter related contests on his site.

If you still need someone you can pm me.

And I didn't read the last HP book so I will participate next time. I promise I will make something.
mathiaus
tidruG wrote:

Are you just assuming that? If you ask, I'll say sure you can. be wasted otherwise which I don't like so feel free to keep my code, it's opensource (sort off) Razz
tidruG
Oh, mathiaus, I meant that I cannot have you host future contests on your website, as it would have nothing to do with your site and it would be out of place.
I could host the contests on that other domain I recently bought.
I could certainly use your coding and your help for future coding for the contests. The issue is my lack of time with college and other things getting in the way. I believe they're called "real life" Razz
Bockman
tidruG wrote:
I believe they're called "real life" Razz

Mr. tidruG, you are now fined 50 Frih$ for the use of a prohibited sentence.

Be Well Cool
--------------

As for the next contests, I'll be on stand-by (for everything). Just not for the next couple of weeks.

Be Well Cool
ainieas
So has the closing date of the contest decided yet? Its been a long wait for me.
tidruG
Sorry about that... my internet conked out on me for the last 2 days. The contest is officially closed now.
There are a total of 4 entries only, but they're all excellent.
I'll be sending PMs to the Judges to send me the scores ASAP, and also asking their opinion on whether we should be giving the full prize amount or reduce it a little bit.
The reason I want to reduce it slightly is because there are only 4 entries, and the reason I want to keep it the same is because they're all brilliant.
truespeed
I think you should do the prize money whereby every entry means 100 frih go to the total prize fund,so for this competition there would be a total of 400 frih to win,and it should be split,if you are going for a 1st 2nd 3rd prize.

1st: 60% of the total prize fund
2nd: 30 %
3rd: 10 %

It doesnt seem a lot when only four people enter,but maybe in future competitions with say 20 entries it would mean 2000 frih in the total prize fund.
Star Wars Fanatic
Will everyone get to read all the entries? Or only the one that won?
ainieas
tidruG wrote:
... and the reason I want to keep it the same is because they're all brilliant.

Embarassed Oh! Blush! Blush! Blush! Embarassed
tidruG
truespeed wrote:
I think you should do the prize money whereby every entry means 100 frih go to the total prize fund,so for this competition there would be a total of 400 frih to win,and it should be split,if you are going for a 1st 2nd 3rd prize.

It doesnt seem a lot when only four people enter,but maybe in future competitions with say 20 entries it would mean 2000 frih in the total prize fund.
Very interesting concept, but if there are too many entries, the prize money would be way to high :P

Also, to the one that asked whether you get to read all the entries, I'd say "YES, OF COURSE! That's the point of having a writing contest, isn't it? Razz"
But I'm not going to give out the scores to anyone (including the judges).
Genesiz
truespeed wrote:

If you do that, it means that one person doesn't get anything. Kinda harsh really. Better to give everyone who entered a little something, and then a bigger prize to first and second place.

Star Wars Fanatic wrote:
Will everyone get to read all the entries? Or only the one that won?

I hope we do get to read all the entries, so i can see what other people wrote and compare it to my own.
truespeed
Its been over two weeks since this was closed,no announcement yet?
tidruG
Funny you should ask, I'm anouncing the results in 2 minutes Smile
LukeakaDanish
tidruG wrote:
Funny you should ask, I'm anouncing the results in 2 minutes Smile

ehm??? sure you didn't mean 2+ hours?

Also, you might wanna change your signature to something else Wink
tidruG
Done.
Results are online.
took 50 minutes, and the thread still needs some tweaking. I'll do it in a minute Smile
apple
when's the next one?
tidruG
Sometime soon, I hope.
georgeodowd
Here's hoping 'soon' means 'this month' Smile
truespeed
georgeodowd wrote:

I have just looked at last one's start date,it was august 2007,so over a year since the last one,so i wouldn't expect another anytime soon.
georgeodowd
truespeed wrote:
georgeodowd wrote:

I have just looked at last one's start date,it was august 2007,so over a year since the last one,so i wouldn't expect another anytime soon.

All the more reason to get one cracking, I say! I find it easier to get ideas flowing if I can write to a particular prompt (providing, of course, that it's a good one).