FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Disk Space

nivinjoy
I am thinking of installing a forum on a phpbb2 or phpbb3 platform into the direct doamin provided by frihost.Bur i have a doubt regarding the disk space of 250 MB.

*The figures below are just for example purpose only.*

Suppose i host a forum on the direct domain and about some 5000 users register into the forum and makes posts numbering upto about 10000,then will it do harm to the disk space of 250 MB provided to me from frihost.
What i mean is that will i run out of space if such a case happens....? More clearly is it advised to go for a host with more disk space or will this space of 250 MB be sufficient if at all a case like abopve happens...(I don't think so...)
And if the space provided by frihost is more than enough i am ready to go forward with the forum installation....So anyone please tell me is the direct domain disk space provided by frihost sufficient to host a forum with about 5000 users and some 10000 posts....
SpellcasterDX
10k posts and 5k users should only use up around 70-100MB or so of disk space. (I think. Once I spammed my forums for testing purposes. I deleted it now of course.) But anyway you'd still have more than half of your disk space yes.

Regardless, I've haven't seen many forums reach 5,000 users and 10,000 posts. So I'd say go ahead. Many members host their forums on frihost plus a main site.
nivinjoy
SpellcasterDX wrote:
10k posts and 5k users should only use up around 70-100MB or so of disk space. (I think. Once I spammed my forums for testing purposes. I deleted it now of course.) But anyway you'd still have more than half of your disk space yes.

Regardless, I've haven't seen many forums reach 5,000 users and 10,000 posts. So I'd say go ahead. Many members host their forums on frihost plus a main site.

Friend i had mentioned in my post that the numbers given are just for the example purpose....Even i dont expect to have such a web traffic to my forum.....I just mentioned those numbers to know the maximum amount of space that it will occupy...Any way thank you for the encouragement..I am going forward with the forum creation....
pdhroche
It takes up barely nothing, eveything basically is put into a mysql database.
frih
you can use forum which occupies less space to get more space. there are various forums available on the net . phpbb occupies large space but its a very good forum. choice is yours. just tell me from where you will get 5k members. it is very difficult. best of luck.

regards
abhi Shocked
swizzy
don't worry dude... u wont max out your quota... the database will barely me more than 200 MB at the maximum for a small scaled single admin forum. it doesn't matter how many users u have... it matters how much they post, and even if they do post a lot, u can always prune the older topics, rarely ever anyone reads them. Also pruning will keep your database light weight and smooth..

I don't know if frihost will allow it, or whether its possible here, but maybe you can use a remote database on a host providing more storage space.