FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Song uploading.

nivinjoy
I tried to upload a song of size 2.5 MB to a folder in the direct domain and thank god i was successful in it though my internet connection was facing some problems.Actually i had uploaded this MP3 file to be played as back ground music in my site.But to my disappointment i found that not even half of the song was playing.It always played only till a specific time which not even reaches the half of the song.I could learn from a friend,when enquired that it may be due to that i have set permission to 755.So i tried to increase it but was unsuccessful.
So does it mean that i cannot upload any of my song files and render them through my site?I think i got 250 MB of disk space but if i am not able to use it properly i dont find any use of that much space.

So anyone please tell me:
1)Is it not possible to upload songs of size about 2-5 MB to the direct domain and play them fully through my site...?
2)Is it not possible to increase the value given aginst "Set Permission" from 755
silverdown
It is possible but Songs are not allowed unless you have the owners permission and have proof such as a email or letter stating you can host it on you website. After you get the permission you need to ask Bondings ( founder of Frihost ) for permission to host as well as showing proof most likely in PM I dont suggest putting the proof in a forum.

Reference
--- SEE 4th Post ---
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-72419.html&highlight=music
nivinjoy
Hey friend the songs that i wish to upload are my own songs.My own songs in the sense recently i had got a chance to compose an musical album..The mp3 files are from these album and i believe the rights of these songs lies with me...

So that sort of problem is over...And now anyone tell me about uploading a full song of size of about 2-5 MBand playing it fully through my website...
Bockman
nivinjoy wrote:
Hey friend the songs that i wish to upload are my own songs.My own songs in the sense recently i had got a chance to compose an musical album..The mp3 files are from these album and i believe the rights of these songs lies with me...

You will still need to ask for permission to host mp3 files on our server. Please create a topic in "Request an Account Change" Forum requesting for that permission and an Admin will reply to it. Only after (and IF) that request is aproved will you be alowed to host mp3 files on your account. You will also have to enter a legal.txt file on the folder hosting those files statng the copyright notices and your permission to use them.

Be Well Cool
pdhroche
Are these MP3 songs songs that you have made yourself.

If the answer is no, im pretty sure that you don't own the rights to use them, therefore if you upload a song frihost will have to remove it as if they are caught with it they will recieve a fairly hefty fine

~Peter