FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


i'm a newbie.. questions?





jace_alfarran
does frihost

support frames?
support swf files? (am planning to create a flash site)
allow adsense?
support uploads more than 200 kb?

am sorry if i did not have time to read the faqs and other stuff to read here.
i want you guys to tell me some problems that may be encountered in frihost while uploading, etc..

thanks and sorry!!
{name here}
jace_alfarran wrote:
does frihost

• support frames?

That would be more of a browser issue than a host issue. I highly reccomend against using it.
Quote:

• support swf files? (am planning to create a flash site)

Yes but I also highly reccomend against using it unless your site is something that requires vision (i.e. It's a site which revolves around pictures, flash games, or animations).

Quote:

• allow adsense?

Yes. It says on the faq.

Quote:

• support uploads more than 200 kb?

Definately.

I don't think you're ready to host here... maybe at Geocities, but not here until you get a little more practice. It seems like you are a real newbie to the whole concept of the webmaster and web design. You should learn HTML, CSS, and maybe JS, and PHP or some other server side scripting language (even Perl), which will help . These aren't difficult mind bending matters, so it shouldn't be too hard for you. If you want difficult mind bending matters try to actually program using C.
jace_alfarran
i already know html..

all i'll do is embed my flash swfs to the page, that's why it's a flash site.. Smile

you can visit it..

i''l provide a link once it's ok.

thanks anyways..
imagefree
if you have your site on (like ) geocities, its easy to handle but having site on frihost require a littlebit common sense and a little bit more knowledge. However if you face some problems, the whole community is here to help. Very Happy
bloodrider
{name here} wrote:
I don't think you're ready to host here... maybe at Geocities, but not here until you get a little more practice. It seems like you are a real newbie to the whole concept of the webmaster and web design. You should learn HTML, CSS, and maybe JS, and PHP or some other server side scripting language (even Perl), which will help . These aren't difficult mind bending matters, so it shouldn't be too hard for you. If you want difficult mind bending matters try to actually program using C.


Are you saying that if you don't have the "necessary" knowledges, you shouldn't be able to have an account on Frihost? So you recommend Frihost to test new users?
Your opinion is understandable, but you forget that some people learn more when facing challenges, not everyone has to learn step by step from the very beginning Rolling Eyes

PS: C? weren't you meaning assembly?
{name here}
bloodrider wrote:
{name here} wrote:
I don't think you're ready to host here... maybe at Geocities, but not here until you get a little more practice. It seems like you are a real newbie to the whole concept of the webmaster and web design. You should learn HTML, CSS, and maybe JS, and PHP or some other server side scripting language (even Perl), which will help . These aren't difficult mind bending matters, so it shouldn't be too hard for you. If you want difficult mind bending matters try to actually program using C.


Are you saying that if you don't have the "necessary" knowledges, you shouldn't be able to have an account on Frihost? So you recommend Frihost to test new users?
Your opinion is understandable, but you forget that some people learn more when facing challenges, not everyone has to learn step by step from the very beginning Rolling Eyes

PS: C? weren't you meaning assembly?

Compare trying to program a content management system in C, with trying to make one in PHP. The difference is great. I don't even have to deal with such annoying, almost seemingly pointless pointers while trying to program something - I just want a variable that will store anything I force down its throat not all these crazy types. I don't have to manage the memory and I don't have to define every dang variable I try to create. It's irritating trying to make something in C for me. Learning PHP is a breeze compared to C, especially since you get to use HTML and Javascript as a crutch to make good graphics without having to synchronize the refresh rates make variables to store images, and xor and and them to make them move - all of that's done for you. Even FreeBASIC is more difficult than making websites in PHP and it practically does everything for you - manage memory, remove pointers for most things provided you don't go into a library that requires them, have suffix designations if you're too lazy to declare, et cetera.
James007
Moved to web hosting support.
jace_alfarran
please don't fight. thanks. but really mr/s. name here, your replies are kinda provocative..
James007
I agree. {name here}, please don't say people aren't welcome here... I know what you mean, but we are here to learn, aren't we? Smile
Related topics
Php and Other Wonderful Newbie Stories for Help.
Yes, I know newbie questions but I'd appreciate the help.
Newbie questions
Newbie domain transfer question
Newbie questions regarding Joomla 2.5 and designing web site
A few newbie questions
I can't center an object
CSS: class and id
Writing to file
Getting Started with Drupal - Tutorials?
Hey guys
[official] Feedback for the Frihost Staff
Do I ask too many Questions
Updating FAQ
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.