FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Port fowarding (maybe program)

Sparda
Firstly, I am not quite sure which port it is that allows people from around the world to connect to my computer(being the server). I'll need to know which port/ports they are. I have a server on my computer and I want people to connect. This is a gaming server. My router is blocking people from getting in. I tried the portforward website and I forwarded the port 80(HTTP), but I guess that would only work if my computer was a web server. So if you know specific ports for my purpose or maybe a good program to forward these ports also would be nice. ~Thanks
sybje
HI,

Do you have any documentation of your gaming server? In there, you should be able to find which port the server is using.

Maybe, your gaming server has a config file, in which you can set the port number.

From here, it is hard to tell which port an (for us) unknown game server is using.

Regards, Sybje
gh0stface
What type of game is it? Also what type of router are you using? Depending on the game, there should be some sort of documentation on which port you'll need to open on your router in order for other people to connect to your server.
Sparda
Ok. I found which ports the server is working on. Here they are.

Game: Warcraft III
Router: D-Link624M

Port Protocol Program Name Program Description
23 TCP bnetd Telnet Connection Support
4000 TCP d2gs Diablo II Closed Game Server
6112 TCP/UDP bnetd Basic Battle.net (TM) Chat & Game Initialization
6114 UDP bntrackd Tracking Daemon for Producing Stats
6200 TCP bnetd Warcraft III Router
6667 TCP bnetd IRC Connection Support
kizarop
I give you one clue here goes :

Code:
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DI-624M/Warcraft_III.htm

Completly guide A-Z for green people like dollar Very Happy
Sparda
kizarop wrote:
I give you one clue here goes :

Code:
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DI-624M/Warcraft_III.htm

Completly guide A-Z for green people like dollar Very Happy

Well, that guide shows how a player can "host" a game on warcraft III. I can already do that. Anyways I think I have a pretty good idea what I need to do now. Thanks for the help.