FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bioshock!

m00tmuffin
Anyone excited about Bioshock coming out tomorrow? I think they're releasing the demo later tonight, which should be neato too. It's for the Xbox 360 and PC, and Toys R' Us is going to get in trouble for accidently releasing it early for the 360 last week. Razz

They've only recently started playing commercials on TV for it, and I've seen it a few times on Adult Swim. But if you haven't heard of it yet, check out this video on YouTube. This is a little more indepth than the normal commercial/trailer is, and shows actual gameplay, which is neat.

I'm really excited for this game to come out and can't wait to play it. I don't even like first person shooters all that much but this game just looks too amazingly gorgeous and revolutionary to pass over.
marrs
Hell Yeah!!!

I just cant wait and I dont even have a 360 YET!
BioShock is a unique game that mixes a spine-chilling setting illustrated with art deco art and architecture, sci-fi themes of bio-genetic mutation and self-modification, a deep storyline with open-choice freedom to interact with the world as you choose, and first-person action that requires you to think every time you pull the trigger. After your plane crashes into icy uncharted waters, you discover a rusted bathysphere and descend into Rapture, a city hidden beneath the sea. Constructed as an idealistic society for a hand picked group of scientists, artists and industrialists, the idealism is no more. Now the city is littered with corpses, wildly powerful guardians roam the corridors as little girls loot the dead, and genetically mutated citizens ambush you at every turn.
m-productions
THe demo for the 360 has been out, along with the game for a week now (toys-r-us sold it a week early) and the demo for the PC comes out today at 7PM on filefront.... cant wait.
fiendskull9
already playing the bioshock demo on PC
so leet
djcaution
This game looks so intense... the underwater environment really makes it eerie as all heII
driftingfe3s
I want to play this game so bad, but I do not have a Xbox 360 and my laptop is too old and week to play the PC version.

I guess when I start working in a month or two I can start saving up for a crazy gaming machine... and maybe an Xbox 360 as well!
spykE
The demo was so sweet but a bit short. And it's nicely optimized and thus it plays great on my older system. Got a pentium 4 3.0ghz overclocked to 3.6ghz and a 6800 GT @ Ultra Extreme clockspeeds and the game runs at an average of 30 fps with everything on high and vertical sync turned off, it only stutters a bit when loading new areas but when that is done it plays beautifully and the gameplay (and the graphics) is amazing.

Also the AI is really scary, it's really sweet how your opponents react and actually chase you or start screaming Very Happy.
Helios
Runs super smooth on my 8800GTS 320MB (I think I'll turn vsync on :O ), compared to lower quality DX9 games.
It seems like DX10 is doing its job - better graphics AND better performance.
Anyway, the demo was great, can't wait to get the full version Very Happy
Vladalf
I have an older computer and I cant play the new games but Bioshock really looks awesome!
ForceRun
Well, I got it and beat it last week just running straight through. I has a solid plot with a few nice twist that I didn't see coming at all. The field of view on my widescreen gives him a little bit of a head ache, but some came out with a sweet hack that lets you change the views. I believe it can be found off of www.widescreengamingforum.com. Anyway I just started to play back through it to explore and turned the sound way up to get the total experance, and I don't know if I can do it, as the game is just way to scary, lol. I'm sitting there when I first get the shotgun, fighting splicer in the dark, and I had a chill runing up and down my spine. So I'm not sure if I can make it through the whole game like that, we will see.

The games runs very smooth and with out a hickup on my system. Conroe E6600 OC to 3.6Ghz CPU , 680i eVGA mobo, eVGA 8800 GTS 320Mb video, and running Vista Ultamite.
lordstrife
did you guys hear that Value has banned bio from there employees till they finish the new half-life !. Seems they got hold of a copy early and were spending all their work time playing it instead of working on half-life engine. Now value says until they complete the new half-life bio is banned from their servers and pcs. Must be a good game if they spending time playing it and not working on another good game I am sure.
TarsajumaClan
I played it, enjoyed it, beat it (12 hours), now I'm bored with it...
Seiji
Everyone is telling me that this game is out of this world. Unfortunately I won't be playing it because I don't have a 360 and won't even try running it on my PC.
Kelcey
I really really really want to buy this. I'm trying to save money though as I'm going back to school... I'll have to wait until this drops in price. Eternal Sonata is at the top of my list at the moment...
marrs
I got the game yesterday I am playing it with a AMD Athlon 64X2 3800+ with 1GB ram and a 6600GT card its playing on the graphics set to medium low..

IT WORKS....

Minimum Requirements

CPU - Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor
System RAM - 1GB
Video Card - Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).
Sound Card - 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card
Hard disc space - 8GB free space

Recommended Requirements
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo processor
System RAM - 2GB
Video card - DX9 - Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better) / DX10 - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better
Sound Card - Sound Blaster X-Fi series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)
kiran_n444
i can't wait. the 2 player gameplay looks so promising. I mean like yuo can throw the littlegirl and then you can control her while shes movin i mean this takes Co-OP to the next level!
TarsajumaClan
kiran_n444 wrote:
i can't wait. the 2 player gameplay looks so promising. I mean like yuo can throw the littlegirl and then you can control her while shes movin i mean this takes Co-OP to the next level!

What are you talking about?
traxion
u can play co-op in the game bioschock

that means u can lay with 2 persons the singe player mode, that is a very good function

i played the demo but it didn't looked very good (or me pc is to old:P)

but every body i telling me that the game is very good
m-productions
umm what? there is no co-op in bioshock....

Also... for people who have not bought this game yet, DO NOT. This is a rent! This game is amazing, but is WAY WAY WAY to short for $59.99. Also the fact that you really cant die sucks... dieing... helps you even... but it is an amazing game.. but.. rent.. dont waste your money, as you will beat it very fast... and that will be the end.
TarsajumaClan
traxion wrote:
u can play co-op in the game bioschock

that means u can lay with 2 persons the singe player mode, that is a very good function

i played the demo but it didn't looked very good (or me pc is to old:P)

but every body i telling me that the game is very good

Your nuts, there is no co-op...
Osmodius
Bioshock is way overrated. Way to conform to the pattern that multi-platform releases always suck, 2K.
Fake
Gonna give this try along with Bioshock.
Helios
Woot! Just finished the game! Great stuff. It's like a very good film, and you're the main actor.
Great story, great sound, great everything.
One thing I didn't like is the epilogue. I'm waiting for an expansion pack - there must be one.
Slammer
Bioshock is amazing. I played the demo a while ago, on my new system. Athlon 64 X2 4800+, 2 giss of ram and gts 8800 640mb gfs. Everything on full, it was amazing Very Happy. I had to stop playing cos it was well creepy at 2am with all the lights off and the only one in the house. Finished the demo the next morning though, great story. Love the whole setting and period, really adds to the creep factor!
dangerdog
i'm surprised there aren't more comments here, this really is a great game. it is short, that's true, but it's fantastic. it is a little bit disappointing that there isn't co-op, and some of the combat can be really easy and straightforward, but the environment and everything are really awesome and rather immersive.

the cd that came with the preorder is one of the worst things on earth, though. :p
Patriot Players
That little girl looks creepy. First thing I thought when I saw the commercial for the game- damn that girl is a scary little creature. Looks delightful, and reviews have been positive it seems. Will have to check it out.
lethaltriad
This is one of my favourite games i played in a while. I love the whole atmosphere with this game. I beat it the other night but wish there was more to it cuz I really liked it. Might play it again on hard and try something different to get one of the alternative endings. Kinda dissappointed at the last boss though I was expecting it to be more challenging and I beat him on the first try. Gonna beat Lost Planet first and then maybe play BioShock again after =) Hope you all try out the demo or get the full thing, really nice game!
Kelcey
I played the demo on the 360. It was pretty awesome... I was hoping to get to use telekinesis. I'll probably get this when it drops... or maybe when it goes on sale.
Ghengis
I got it for 360 on sale at CC, and I don't regret my 50 bucks. It was a bit short, sure, but what was there was wonderful. I wish there were a little bit more replay value -- sure, you can play through with a different "style", but I sort of felt that there were objectively good and bad plasmids/tonics, and only used the ones I thought actually contributed something. I might play differently on the way back through, but I don't expect it to "feel" night-and-day different.

The best news I heard all week, though, is that they want a new game in the "franchise" every 2 years. That doesn't mean BioShock 2, it just means another "-Shock" game (the same way this followed System Shock 2). I would gladly buy another game this good.