FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do I add a secure page to my site?

nadya
I want to add an online sales page but it has to be secure to accept credit card numbers. What is the best ssl certificate to purchase for a small business.
You could probably use paypal and just give the address to send the payments to instead of setting up a system to charge their credit card. People would probably trust that more than giving a little business their credit card number.

But I've also been interested in how the ssl certificates and site encryption work.
littlegiant
Yeah Paypal is great because they are a widely trusted online payment system so it's good for sales where the client may be reluctant to reach for a credit card. However, with all due respect, their technical support sucks. So if you run into any issues or glitches, it may occasionally cut into your profits until you find a workaround.
asim
Hi Buddy,

its very much right you use Paypal..... coz nobody will pay if you build up your own system.... coz paypal is trusted.

and if nobody pays no use i building it. right.... go for paypal... once you get to a good reputation, you can use your own system
imagefree
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/ssl/ssl.asp?ci=9173 is a trusted name in hosting and domain registration. So there is no reason you reject their ssl service

www.VeriSign.com is what I see on most of the sites.

If you are looking for free, http://www.openssl.org/