FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Techniques of the legends

akshar
We have many great film directors in the industry and each one of them have their own uniques style. Whether it is speilberg or Ron Howard or Bryan Singer.
But there are some techniques that are well known but are effective only when they are used by a master. I am writing a few ones here. If you can remember any please write down and example would be still better.

Movie: A beautiful Mind
TEchniques: 360 degree rotation of the Camera

When John Nash decrypts the ciphertext in Pentagon we see through a camera that revolves around him. In the Background we here a murmur probably the one going on in Johns mind. A music that is perfectly coherent with the angular velocity of the camera. The Camara I feel is not crain mounted but a trolly mounted. moving the camera with a constant angular velocity is a tough challege. and also care needs to be taken to ensure that no filming staff or apparatus is seen in the scene. But a sucha scene it used only when the object around which the camera moves is stationary.
irishmark
revolving set anyone?

Have a look at Jamiroquai - Virtual insanity video
pudovkin
"Virtual insanity" is amazing. Everything "analog".

As a music video reference for me, I can say by "Come into my world", by Kylie Minogue and directed by Michel Gondry. Some explanation, right here. It' all about time/space manipulation, which Gondry is one of the best.