FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

tweak windows screwup

hofodomo01
Ugh, I decided to visit http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/servicecfg.htm to preform some vista tweaking.

I think i turned off a service, and now windows' built-in firewall is disabled. Does anybody know the name of the specific service that controls the windows firewall?/

Thanks in advance.
sybje
You have a service in Vista, called Windows Firewall...
Probably that's the service you are looking for.

Regards, Sybje
hofodomo01
yeah, that's what I thought too, but apparently, windows firewall service is already running (and firewall still has problems turning on), so I thought that there was another service preventing firewall from turning on.
mystzero
Not sure what you mean by "has problems turning on". You mean there is an error message when you tried to turn on the firewall through Control Panel?

Anyway, go to "Start" and at the search box, type in wf.msc. Press <Enter>. When you are presented with a UAC prompt, click "Continue". And, verify whether you could enable windows firewall from the "Windows Firewall Properties".

Either way, open command prompt with Administrator and type in netsh firewall reset and press <Enter> to reset the firewall configuration.