FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My cat's sick

Mrs Lycos
Hi there, I would like to see if someone can help me out. Actually, I've got four cats (two females and two males) but one of the males - he's almost two years old- is behaving weird. He's maowing so loudly and long all the time... that's been now a usual behaviour. And now lately he's sneezing and has tear-ful eyes- and what's worst now, he's made "number two" inside the house (he has his litter box outside) a couple of times. Now another of my cats is sneezing and crying eyes too. Probably the first cat has more than one thing, just if you could help me out a little. Thanks.
m00tmuffin
They sound like they could be really sick, and I advise you to immediately take them to the vet. Don't be one of those people that puts off getting their animals treated by the proper kind of person for whatever reason. Cats don't have those symptoms when they're healthy, and nobody on the internet is going to be able to help you cure them--only going to a vet will.
Rico
Take them to the vet. The sooner you go the better.
SlowWalkere
Aye. Take them to the vet.

Cats, like humans, can get respiratory infections (a cold, or flu-like sickness). It sounds like they may have something along those lines. In that case, the vet will give you medication to make them better. It's probably contagious as well, so you should get the two sick ones seen and fixed up before the other two catch whatever it is.

The blurry eyes makes it sound like it might also be an eye infection. This is also highly contagious between animals, and requires medication. If your cat has an eye infection, the vet will prescribe a cream that you apply to your cat's eye every day. My cats have had eye infections a couple of times, and it's nothing serious if you get it checked out by the vet.

Whatever the issue, you should definitely get them checked out. Your vet can give you a better idea of what's wrong, and chances are he'll have to give you some kind of medication for the sick cats. Better to take them in before the other cats get sick as well...

Good luck,
- Walkere
jharsika
May I suggest closing this thread? Since everyone seems to be saying the same thing....it is what any sane person would say anyway.
Empire
Sounds like your cat has an upper respiratory infection. With a combination on pneumonia. That'd be my experienced guess. (Experience is 5 years with the Vet surgery department.) That'd be my guess.
Studio Madcrow
Yeah. Those kitties need some antibiotics and they should go right back to their normal (slightly less crabby) selves.