FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Window XP Service Pack 3 ??

justy
Hay, i just read a topic, forgot the source,

it says there is a XP official beta service pack 3 available on the net, it's official by M$ but not released yeat, i search all over the net, but still can't find any download link, all available links are dead..

So, if u guyz hav any further info about it, then it will be grate..

Thanks
{name here}
justy wrote:

it says there is a XP official beta service pack 3 available on the net, it's official by M$ but not released yeat, i search all over the net, but still can't find any download link, all available links are dead..

Thanks

I wouldn't install a beta of a service pack onto your computer. It's almost inherently stupid to do so because it's not tested as completely as Microsoft would want it to. I do believe this is also illegal as well.

Wait until Microsoft releases the actual service pack. This pack will be more stable, probably have several more fixes, and will be ready for your downloading pleasure. Besides, you'd be wasting your time downloading a possibly 100 MB service pack as well.
Mannix
{name here} wrote:
justy wrote:

Thanks

I wouldn't install a beta of a service pack onto your computer. It's almost inherently stupid to do so because it's not tested as completely as Microsoft would want it to. I do believe this is also illegal as well.

Wait until Microsoft releases the actual service pack. This pack will be more stable, probably have several more fixes, and will be ready for your downloading pleasure. Besides, you'd be wasting your time downloading a possibly 100 MB service pack as well.

Not illegal if Microsoft is asking you to beta it. ...Dangerous... ...Well yeah. I wouldn't do it, unless I actually had a reason...
internetjobs
is it released?
sybje
AS you can see on the following page, SP3 is not yet to be released.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx

Regards, Sybje
brucedes
I'd also suggest against it, not only for the reasons mentioned, but because of the fact that Microsoft will no doubt use the spyware they jam into your system (WGA) to find out who is using their software illegally.
billgertz
its already available for M$ beta testers. not yet release for the general public. A friend of mine already have it in California. I believe SP3 is made to patch most of the security holes of Windows XP SP2.
justy
{name here} wrote:
justy wrote:

Thanks

This is not the one like others.. This is from Direct Microsoft and not publish yeat..

But, somehow i manage to download it.. and also able to integrated it.. u can't install it in XP if u don't hav legal Key, but u can Integrate it and then u hav 2 replace a file to accept all old key.. I am not going to provide any further details..

Actual File Name of Service Pack 3
Code:
windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu.exe

here is the property image:

and after integrated i install it in my PC and works Perfectly..Smile

Service Pack 3, v3180

So, @ {name here} next time before u comment, make sure u know something about it.. Mad

Thanks JusTy>aka JusThinK
orcaz
I prefer waiting for the official release nxt yr, since there isn't much new features in SP3.
ssthanapati
Dunno abt others but atleast i wont risk it at this point of time. Mayb smetime when i wud need 2 reinstall windows i would a integrated one as last time wen i did sp2 my pc went haywire but integrated sp2 worked pretty well 4 me
m-productions
justy wrote:

So, @ {name here} next time before u comment, make sure u know something about it.. Mad

Thanks JusTy>aka JusThinK

umm... name here is right.... you should know somthing about it before you tell someone they should know somthing about it ^_~ only the MS beta people are allowed to have this installed... and he is also correct in saying it is stupid to have it installed while its still in beta.. this is MS we are talking about!?! have they ever goten OS's glitch free the first time... hahaha, dont think so, and hackers love going after XP.. so a beta SP... yeah... not smart.
ercanmemili
service pack 3 makes computer more slowly. isnt it??
jmlworld
justy wrote:

Thanks

Cool Hello, Its right that Microsoft Never relesed the Official betta yet, however you can still find it from the www, I dunno if I leaked the Copyrights of Microsoft, but I got a copy of SB3 from the Internet, downloaded into an abondoned machine, and tried it, besides you can make some modifications in the code, but take it with your own risk, it may be harmful in somehow!!

As another Frihost member stated, the file name which wieghs 332.8 MB in 1 File is:
Quote:
windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu.exe

There is another SP3 Bootable which weighs 700 MB in 56 Files, you can find it free from the www, too.

I think I can't provide any link to the web site that distributes the files, since that look illegal, and it may voilate some copyrights... But I'll try to help you anyway, just visit Google and type "windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu.exe" without the quotations, you'll probably meet a variety of results including sites providing the downloads and much more with talkie talkie stories...

Thats cool, he Question Cool

Hope you all the success
[/quote]
ammonkc
why would you install a service pack beta from microsoft? there release versions are barely stable let alone an early beta. Thats pretty risky to put on a production machine.
FunDa
jmlworld wrote:

Cool Hello, Its right that Microsoft Never relesed the Official betta yet, however you can still find it from the www, I dunno if I leaked the Copyrights of Microsoft, but I got a copy of SB3 from the Internet, downloaded into an abondoned machine, and tried it, besides you can make some modifications in the code, but take it with your own risk, it may be harmful in somehow!!

just visit Google and type "windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu.exe" without the quotations, you'll probably meet a variety of results including sites providing the downloads and much more with talkie talkie stories...

Thats cool, he Question Cool

Hope you all the success

U mean you have source code too ?? that's really interesting - I thought they never give out source code ...
tamilparks
can i know whether it is available for free download
tamilparks
can i know whether it is available for free download
jmlworld
FunDa wrote:

U mean you have source code too ?? that's really interesting - I thought they never give out source code ...

The source code is availabel in somehow... Its free for download and you can get it downloaded it for free, though it will take too long hours hours to come down there in your PC.. Rolling Eyes
FunDa
What computer language is it programmed in ? The file's too big , will have to download it some other time ... [Sad]
tamilparks
ok i will try to download
Jaan
You guys are lamers!
I really shouldn't be telling you this, but I hate to break news:
Windows is not open source.
Dumb-dumb.
ammonkc
jmlworld wrote:
FunDa wrote:

The source code is availabel in somehow... Its free for download and you can get it downloaded it for free, though it will take too long hours hours to come down there in your PC.. Rolling Eyes

Microsoft would NEVER make the source code to any of their proprietary software available to anyone outside of their own dev team.
corey
People. There has been a hacked version of XP called SP3 for over a year. Its not from Microsoft. It is a customized hack made by someone who knows how to rip out a lot of stuff and put in other stuff. This file that you find has never come from Microsoft. If you install this, you are installing a copy that was not licensed by its original maker. Believe me, if there was an official SP3, even if it was still in MSDN, it would already be talked about on sites such as Windows Secrets, Techweb, C|Net, and ZD|Net, etc. It hasn't been.
ssbonez
error
FunDa
ssbonez wrote:
It will be interesting to see exactly what changes it makes. I wonder how much hiding stuff will also be in there.

U mean spyware or viruses ?? It is possible that they may be there. If its not even an official release, they could put anything in it any we wouldn't know if it was supposed to be there orn ot ...
fadirocks
Read this
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-XP-Service-Pack-3-Leaked-Details-57825.shtml
Quote:
Not only is Windows XP Service Pack 3 alive and kicking, but Microsoft also managed to leak details about what the refresh will contain. The Redmond Company's policy when it comes down to future releases of the Windows platform is to gag all details. Windows
XP SP3 is old news for Microsoft. And with the general availability of Windows Vista it was pushed to the background. But in all fairness, Microsoft never confirmed the cancellation of the third service pack for Windows XP. The company only scrapped it out of sight and under the rug with repeated delays.

I knew SP3 was cooking somewhere but MS didn't want to release because of Vista Evil or Very Mad

also check this
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Three-Reasons-Why-Microsoft-Could-Kill-Windows-XP-SP3-55769.shtml
Quote:
As far as Microsoft is concerned, Windows XP SP3 is very much alive. The third service pack for Windows XP has in fact never been officially canceled. Actually, XP SP3 has recently come into the limelight following some generous official references in no less than three Microsoft press releases. One of the documents even promised that SP3 would be delivered by the end of 2007. Following the Sp3 buzz that ensued, Microsoft proceeded to put the hopes of Windows XP users down stating that it had been a mistake, and that all three examples in the press releases were erroneous. The Redmond Company only denied the availability date of SP3, but re-affirmed that the
service pack will be delivered.
swizzy
It seems there IS a service pack leaked and floating onto p2p, but there are other releases (unofficial ofcourse), these are just some theme, and some hotfixes packed by some releasers... so watch out!
internetjobs
is any new features in sp3?.. only security update?
adeydas
The official release is going to be done sometime next year, so its better to wait for it. Installing a beta Service Pack is not a good idea since it involves your OS and installing any unstable software may result in crashing. So wait up for a few more months.
swizzy
internetjobs wrote:
is any new features in sp3?.. only security update?

GUYS!!! i just tried the RC1 of the release, and... it makes the computer go crazily fast, it easily beats vista at speed.

plus the vista security is said to be backported into XP, so its going to make for a very fast and secure OS! Shocked
TomGrey
My old hard disk seemed to be dying, so I bought myself a new, cheap, bare PC.

I'm loading my legal Win XP on it. Downloaded XP2 from MS.

In Auto update, I got a Win XP SP 3 downloaded, ready to install. Not sure why it came automatically, if it hasn't been released quite yet.

But, OK, I'm installing it.

Hope it goes well.
DarkAkira

That is akward...
MeddlingMonk
I think I'll wait for the official release of Service Pack 3. As far as I can tell from the Microsoft website, it's due to be released some time in 2008. I don't think I'd risk using a beta version of a service pack....

TomGrey, do you mean you got the complete Service Pack 3 through Windows Update? I know some of the minor patches and fixes that have been released since SP2 will be incorporated into SP3. It is very odd indeed if you got the complete SP3 via the automatic Windows Update...
Fake
Tis is not official release, as far as I know
Kamo
hmm?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=75ed934c-8423-4386-ad98-36b124a720aa&displaylang=en&tm
DarkAkira
it appears to be an official release of sp3. I'll have to check it out.
FunDa
Well, here it is ! The official release of the Windows XP Service Pack 3.

A lot of people do not want to cross over to Vista at all - at least till software stops working on XP, so I guess this is what people need right now.
Studio Madcrow
If I had XP, I'd be running SP 3, but I'm a Linux user (with a little Win2000 install for gaming purposes)
cvkien
ehem. i already install it and i think it is not suitable to be use yet. because it make some hardware failure of my computer like my mouse will stop working in sudden and when xp logon to desktop, it will have a warning sound without any warning windows. beside, the system seems like doesn't work as smooth as is it anymore.
misterXY
it's still a Rc why bother? Rolling Eyes
mahirharoon
the benefit is
it installs five million updates and new features in just 5 restarts(or even 1) (correct me if wrong)
and i saw the download on soft 32 and softpedia
here is the link
http://www.soft32.com/download_123572.html
or
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Signatures-Updates/Windows-XP-SP3.shtml
AND FROM MICROSOFT
Quote:
SP3 for Windows XP Professional is currently planned for 1H CY2008. This date is preliminary.
tamilparks
is it possible to update directly from the system, please tell me
Arnie
This is not the final release, it's a Release Candidate meaning a test release. If you just want to update your computer wait for the final. This RC is just for testers and you're risking your system's stability with it. Also, with a RC installed it'll probably not be possible to install the final SP3 once it's released.

Another warning since there are a lot of non-native English speakers on Frihost: if you have a different language version of Windows, wait for the localised SP3. Don't install the English one (which will likely be released first).
Lord Klorel
Even they make the SP3 on public release i wait a few more months because in the beginning there will always some bugs or glitches. When i can be sure that the SP3 is stable enough then i shall start to install it on my system.
On my previous computer i did the same when the public release was of SP2 and my computer was sometimes complete highwire that i had to use the System restore point service to undo the entire update.