FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Making Money From The Internet

WinGate
I have been asked how to make money from the internet more than once, and it occurred to me that maybe others are interested in this kind of thing, so I decided to start a thread with my views on the subject. I would encourage others to post their own (preferably legal) ideas if they wish - it might be fun to hash this subject up a bit

My best advice (assuming you want to do something legal) is to build websites for buisnesses.
You should be able to pull 500 per site easily if you do it right, and once you get the hang of it you can do a site per day at least (if you can find the customers lol). Always buy the licences for your client's sites though - never use a nulled script or you will pretty quickly find yourself in real trouble, by which I mean legal trouble with real world consequences. Remember - your client is paying for the script , not you !
Your knowledge of scripts - what's available and how to get them set up, is your strength - your edge if you like.
So ...
Build yourself a really good showcase website or two - make sure you populate the demo/s as if they where real sites, make them look good with nice graphix etc and put products in for potential clients to see. Whatever you do, don't rely on said potential clients using their imagination to envisage how a site might look when finished - I've found that imagination is sadly lacking in a scarily large portion of the public. Now start aproaching local buisnesses for custom - you might be surprised what you can get if you have a good demo to show Printed leaflets will usually yield better results than email shots - include short links to your demo's (people are too lazy to type in long url's), and make it look professional - if the leaflet looks sloppy you probably lost a potential client before you even started.

It's a shark tank of course, but if your good, and keep your promises, you should do ok 'cos there's loads of work out there.

Any other bright ideas ?
coreymanshack
WinGate wrote:
I have been asked how to make money from the internet more than once, and it occurred to me that maybe others are interested in this kind of thing, so I decided to start a thread with my views on the subject. I would encourage others to post their own (preferably legal) ideas if they wish - it might be fun to hash this subject up a bit

My best advice (assuming you want to do something legal) is to build websites for buisnesses.
You should be able to pull 500 per site easily if you do it right, and once you get the hang of it you can do a site per day at least (if you can find the customers lol). Always buy the licences for your client's sites though - never use a nulled script or you will pretty quickly find yourself in real trouble, by which I mean legal trouble with real world consequences. Remember - your client is paying for the script , not you !
Your knowledge of scripts - what's available and how to get them set up, is your strength - your edge if you like.
So ...
Build yourself a really good showcase website or two - make sure you populate the demo/s as if they where real sites, make them look good with nice graphix etc and put products in for potential clients to see. Whatever you do, don't rely on said potential clients using their imagination to envisage how a site might look when finished - I've found that imagination is sadly lacking in a scarily large portion of the public. Now start aproaching local buisnesses for custom - you might be surprised what you can get if you have a good demo to show Printed leaflets will usually yield better results than email shots - include short links to your demo's (people are too lazy to type in long url's), and make it look professional - if the leaflet looks sloppy you probably lost a potential client before you even started.

It's a shark tank of course, but if your good, and keep your promises, you should do ok 'cos there's loads of work out there.

Any other bright ideas ?

Was this talking about installing web scripts or something and charging people for it? I hardly think that you could have more than one site that would actually show up in google's ranking system that would make $500USD each.
toughtrio
coreymanshack wrote:
WinGate wrote:

So ...

Any other bright ideas ?

Was this talking about installing web scripts or something and charging people for it? I hardly think that you could have more than one site that would actually show up in google's ranking system that would make $500USD each.

Besides, who can make a site a day. $500 with each site you make is pretty huge an amount, a little discount would work Wink

I would've liked better, more practical suggestions than just asking one to do this and that and that presentation is the first impression. Ofcourse you keep all these things in mind while making something at that level.

No offence.

Warm Regards,
DoctorBeaver
I offer my clients a pick 'n' mix selection. They must have a HOME page and, preferably, a contact page. Then I offer additional info pages, gallery, shopfront, contact management, admin pages, forum, chat, Q&A, support tickets, etc. Each of the extra pages has its associated cost so the client can choose what they want within budget.

I also offer site maintenance (cost varies with the complexity of the site & how often updates are required), domain registration and hosting. I will also undertake to find other sites where they can advertise, relevant affiliate programs and so forth.
Indyan
Here is one way :
Create a blog.
Put a few articles on it.
Join Paid to Review Services.

Do Paid reviews. Some services like payperpost will accept almost any blog. They are good for new blogs (i.e. blogs which dont have a large readershipo). You would get $5+ per review.
justnewbie
Why no one would think of Google Adsense? Make a blog, and write interesting stuffs, make it popular and I'm sure you could make couple of bucks out of the site every month.
timob
To be sincere I've spent 1 month on trying making money online. The problem is that I'm from Moldova and this fact just make it harder to make money online. I've read a lot of articles about making money online, WAH jobs and so on, but for me, nothing worked. So, I think, it depends on each of us.... For me, it didn't worked
coolclay
Why would anyone want to make money on the internet? Even the thought of sitting at a computer screen for hours a day, make me sick. There are so many much better money making opportunities (at least where I live) that I can't imagine someone "wanting" an online job. Sure its better then nothing but where is the incentive of sitting on your arse, staring at a computer screen for a job.
darrenpaul
You cant! its as simple as that! Not with any ease really! From my experance the only way to make money is through a massive investment, even then you cant be sure
Jinx
ways I've found or heard of:
Google adsense - no startup investment - earn a few bucks a month

Learn to design websites - tuition and time for a degree or just hours teaching yourself - a job like any other, you have to spend time working at it - you can make a living wage

Stock photography - A good camera and a good eye - In the past year I've made about $90 from about 100 pictures I've uploaded to Fotolia. Other people with more time and better skills have made more.

I'm sure there are other ways, but like everything in life, you get out of it what you put into it. There are no free lunches.
Aless
The problem is that all these companies SAY they offer huge rewards, but actually getting money out of them for the average person is really difficult. They pay you so little per ad or per click that it takes simply forever for the average user to accumulate enough pay to get a check. I take surveys for Ciao, but after a month, I've gotten only like 3 out of it!
saratdear
Say...there are other ways. Money from blogging is one thing, but many people may find it hard. Taking part in GPT sites is another option. Some maybe scams, but there are a lot of legitimate ones. Or consider gaming sites where you play online games for cash.

If you look for it, there are good opportunities.
m00tmuffin
Design of any sort is a great way to make some extra cash online. Logos, websites, banners...et cetera, you should always be charging your client for the services you provide. I know that the vast majority of "make money online" websites are absolute bollocks. They're scams for the most part, and keep in mind that no matter how tempting or legit it may sound, you should never, ever pay a site for their "programs" or "client lists" or whatever gimmick they're asking cash for--that's how they make their money, by just ripping you off.

There are other tricky things they do too--for example, a good chunk of those pay-per-click sites will give you maybe a half a cent per click, yet require a ridiculous balance to actually check out and get cash from them...which evens out to about 6,000 clicks, and yet they never seem to give you enough sites to click on that would get you anywhere close to that. Funny, huh? Hehe.

The only actual site that I know pays is where you actually have to put forth effort and write some good content for Associated Content--I've actually made about ten bucks (at roughly 3.40ish per article) just by writing three articles. I really think it's a neat service, and it encourages me to keep writing, which is always a plus.

Otherwise, I have no clue as to the validity of any other online money making ventures, but they're mostly all scams.
Packfan104L4
I work for about 15 online survey companies and retail communities and I have made $2400USD in the past year. Only spend about 30 minutes a day doing it too. It's not bad at all.

And no, I'm not disclosing the legit sites. I've done too much research just to give them away.

My only tip: You NEVER have to say for a legit survey site.

HAPPY HUNTING! Very Happy
raine dragon
Jinx wrote:
ways I've found or heard of:
Google adsense - no startup investment - earn a few bucks a month

Learn to design websites - tuition and time for a degree or just hours teaching yourself - a job like any other, you have to spend time working at it - you can make a living wage

Stock photography - A good camera and a good eye - In the past year I've made about $90 from about 100 pictures I've uploaded to Fotolia. Other people with more time and better skills have made more.

I'm sure there are other ways, but like everything in life, you get out of it what you put into it. There are no free lunches.

The only problem with those sort of sites is that they don't mail the check unless you make a minimum amount, and to be honest, with all the time and the work it takes to take and upload 100 photos, you really aren't making a ton of money on it.

For example, I worked as a cashier in the 'real world' this summer and got a sorry little $8/hr. 11.5 hours of work earned me $90. To take and upload 100 photos would take me a lot longer x__x; especially stock photos. ^^;
justnewbie
Quote:
You are a rights, probably))))

If I to whom- that helps - here is interesting references. Here possible work. It Is Checked.

https://www.umaxlogin.com/user_signup.php?referer=terra22
http://yyeess.narod.ru/

Previously than register - it is necessary to study subjects

I thought referral links here is not allowed?
VPGroup
this is a BoolShed..
Bigeezii
It seems like it is 99% scam sites, to much work to find a decent one.
lordstrife
I have tried almost everything out there to make money off the net. And my best experience is with paid to read type sites and / or making a webiste gather a following and place ads on it that pay per impression or per click. There are a couple ad sites that allow incentive clicking (i.e giving bonuses to users for clicking). Those are the best ideas I have found. I have made a bit of money with ad sites and a tad bit more from paid to read site. If you want to make money online then the best bet is to just be patient and search until you find the niche that is best for you. There is no EASY way to make money thats a fact!
jylan
I recommend you check out sites like http://www.problogger.net/ for making money with blogs and http://www.doshdosh.com/ for making money with the internet in general. Both sites are very popular (on the Technorati top 100 blogs list).

I find paid survey sites to be a waste of time personally. Most of the surveys are irrelevant to me and sometimes they even tell me that I must complete the survey with Internet Explorer Evil or Very Mad .
sanalskumar
Hai Friends,
I saw somebody here, was talking about Google adsense. Well I would be very thankful if someone explain about the procedure a little more clearly. REgard if it seems to be kidding, But I was in search of a method for long time. Thanks in advance.
teknotom
What you do is you create a Google Adsense account on the google page (just search 'adsense' in google) and register. Then you get the HTML code to put on your website. Earn money per click. Get sent the cheque. Easy as.
sanalskumar
Thank you,
Is that everything that I have to do??? Don't need any further procedures????
lordstrife
Google Adsense account is free , all you have to go is got to http://google.com/adsense and make a account. Your website must be active and have "actual" content and they will approve you usually in a day or two. Once your account is created all you need to know is basic html (or at least copy and paste) to insert the ad code and your off. Now getting clicks on the ads is another subject Wink
sanalskumar
Okey,
Thanks for your support my friend...
frih
lordstrife wrote:
Google Adsense account is free , all you have to go is got to http://google.com/adsense and make a account. Your website must be active and have "actual" content and they will approve you usually in a day or two. Once your account is created all you need to know is basic html (or at least copy and paste) to insert the ad code and your off. Now getting clicks on the ads is another subject Wink

please tell me one thing whether my website must be present in google search engine before applying for adsense?
sanalskumar
Google adsense page is not displaying on my browser.... What could be wrong??? Loading... Continuouses for a long long time. Is it mean my adsense account is not active?? Or is there any other reasons??? Anybody help me please...
lordstrife
No your website does'nt have to be listed in the google search engine (although it helps). And if your browser does'nt show google adsense then you need the latest java download (maybe flash download)
evilryu530
paid is relative tho, are u looking to make 5 dollars a month? or 500, or a living wage with an onlne business or service?

u can read and post reviews but u'll make next to nothing, adsense will make u some money but dont count on it to pay your electcity bill.....it's really saturated...most of these things also require you to meet a quota before you even get paid....the idea of building websites for businesses is a good one, and it's been around along time....thats what i do actually on the side, my own freelance webdesign business...it definitely helps make that extra income.
Pikokola
making money from net duh... sounds great, we just need to sit in front of computer, pay the internet bill, and cash comes around us ^^

but some people got problems with it, the internet bill are much more expensive than the cash that they got from it *_* (like me)

actually it's absolutely possible to get "lots of cash" like doing some hacking stuff, carding, or any "bad" things, but if you ask me the fastest way to get it, maybe doinf forex or intvestment are the fastest way (at least for quick cash) but carefull, they're lots of scams out there...

creating sites and other thing like what the other ever mentioned before are possible too, but at the first time, don't really expect that it will makes you "rich", it's brings money, but not that much (500 bucks?? neat... for a proffessional, but for a newbie or somebody that just started this kind of bussiness.... I think people won't pay that much ^^)
melissareich
I make money online from Google AdSense... not a lot, but I will say I did make some money and I'm only 16. I haven't been sent a check yet because I haven't reached $100.00, but I'm patient.

I've read all of these posts and I really don't get if people are trying to say they agree or disagree with trying to make money online? Sometimes it just takes a little patience :]

I've tried taking surveys to get paid and I found it a scam actually, I really don't know if it was, but I thought it was so I quit that. Now all I use to make money is Google. I have signed up with other ad agencies but I find Google the most reliable and legit out there.

And making money online is actually VERY possible. If you live in the U.S., I guess maybe this magazine might be sold internationally, I don't know, but you should get the latest edition of "Fast Company". There was recently an article about a girl from my hometown that makes $70,000 a MONTH from her website... no lie! She owns the ever so popular http://www.whateverlife.com and it's awesome! All she offers is basic MySpace graphics and tutorials, but she also has a forum, her own online mag, and a shop. She is very successful and did I mention... only 17! Because she makes so much money and has already made 1 million dollars (seriously), she is being told that she is too young to keep all of the money in her own possession so until she is an adult, she receives an agreed monthly payment out of the bank and she has to have a conservator.

Anyway my point is, maybe some people do get lucky but she is a perfect example of how to make money online! It takes a lot of time and effort... she even quit high school to manage her site! She has been offered 1.5 million for her site also, but she declined. She has had numerous offers, much more than that even but she still in turn says no.

I think she is very successful and that is her business... she makes more money than anyone in her family and all she did was work on the computer :]

How awesome is that?!? Pretty cool! It's not impossible to have a full time job at your house and make more than a doctor... :] she inspires me GREATLY!
skygaia
There are a lot of internet business on the world. And in my experience, it's not easy to manage internet business. I know there are big differences between real world and internet. But business is business. So there are many simliarities between them.