FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Maximum File Size

WinGate
If i do not mistake... on the Main Website "Frihost.com" is not writing anything about "maximum Filesize" that is allowed to be uploaded.
There are 2 different "File Size" limits that i want to talk about and offcourse to make a suggestion at the end of this topic.
I suppose that the Maximum upload filesize by FTP`ing a file is "unlimited" at FRIHOST so this is perfect.
...BUT...
I know that 99% of webhosting on internet has a "500kb or 2MB" maximum filesize Upload From PHP scripts like "File hosting" scripts (because of security reasons). I don't know what is the maximum upload filesize set in php.ini ... but if it is at 2MB... i'd like to suggest you to make it at leat 5MB.
If this can't be done there is no problem but i think that will atract more people even if at this moment FRIHOST offeres one of the best FREE Webhostings.

Thank you !
tidruG
Just out of curiosity, what 5mb files do you want to upload?
soulery
Games? Music? Really, extreamly long flash movies? Zip files?

There's too many to count, tidruG....
WinGate
soulery sayed few egsamples... i'll add few too.

5MB Files Egsamples: MP3 Files, Scripts, Flash Games, Small Funny Movies, Freeware/Shareware Software for sharing, and many more files that people can upload.

Offcourse ... only... in case someone woul'd like to have an File hosting website would apreciate a 5MB filesize limit at uploads from website script.
I have a file hosting website on other free Webhosting but the filesize limit is at 2MB.

For the moment i want to make on FRIHOST a nice Web Directory/Link Exchange Script with search etc.
Bondings
But we don't allow file hosting services/websites. Wink
garionw
WinGate wrote:
soulery sayed few egsamples... i'll add few too.

5MB Files Egsamples: MP3 Files, Scripts, Flash Games, Small Funny Movies, Freeware/Shareware Software for sharing, and many more files that people can upload.

Offcourse ... only... in case someone woul'd like to have an File hosting website would apreciate a 5MB filesize limit at uploads from website script.
I have a file hosting website on other free Webhosting but the filesize limit is at 2MB.

For the moment i want to make on FRIHOST a nice Web Directory/Link Exchange Script with search etc.

Why can't you do that through FTP?
simplyw00x
I must say I disagree with a lot of the PHP security settings (especially the recent disabling of system()) but letting users upload files that large is just irresponsible. Seriously.
timob
I've found this site on freehosting1.net, using the search. On the site it was written that there is NO LIMIT on the file size. As I see, there is one. Can anyone tell me what is the limit file size for upload? This is really important for me as I need to upload files at least 5-10MB
Thank you in advance
garionw
timob wrote:
I've found this site on freehosting1.net, using the search. On the site it was written that there is NO LIMIT on the file size. As I see, there is one. Can anyone tell me what is the limit file size for upload? This is really important for me as I need to upload files at least 5-10MB
Thank you in advance

If you upload the Direct Admin (The Settings Manager) or FTP (File Transfere Protocol) the limit is something like 99MB (Though, I'm not 100% sure about FTP)

What they are talking about is a web-based one, that is going to a site like ImageShack and using the form to upload an image
aster
I am still afused about the limitation of file size and types.I think it has'nt been written clearly at main pages in frih.net, or I just hav'nt found that yet. But I think 2Mb is enought to most of us, and those who need larger size are suggested to require from forum administers, so the spite can keep the high level, it is the most important to frih.net maybe. The neccesary require should fight against spam and download platfom too.
m-productions
2mb is not enough, thus.. why 2mb is not the max, how do you know what size people need? For people like my who upload full flash pages or flash games, we need a good deal more than 2mb, or if someone uploads a backup of their site in tar.tz (or w/e its called) thats a heck of a lot more than 2 mb... so.. im not so sure there even is a limit really.
garionw
m-productions wrote:
2mb is not enough, thus.. why 2mb is not the max, how do you know what size people need? For people like my who upload full flash pages or flash games, we need a good deal more than 2mb, or if someone uploads a backup of their site in tar.tz (or w/e its called) thats a heck of a lot more than 2 mb... so.. im not so sure there even is a limit really.

If you read my above post...

Quote:
If you upload through Direct Admin (The Settings Manager) or FTP (File Transfer Protocol) the limit is something like 99MB (Though, I'm not 100% sure about FTP)
imamm
Yup, i guess i need to know how bigger file size can upload. But 2Mg is enough for me. But maybe some one wanna more bigger. On my suggestion, if we wan to hosting a big file, we can hosting it on free file hosting and create link to it. And, if we want to hosting image file, what we can do, is just storing it to picasa and link to it. I guest it's simply way.
On my request.... i like if frihost supported both of php and asp. And supported foldering file.
garionw
imamm wrote:
Yup, i guess i need to know how bigger file size can upload. But 2Mg is enough for me. But maybe some one wanna more bigger. On my suggestion, if we wan to hosting a big file, we can hosting it on free file hosting and create link to it. And, if we want to hosting image file, what we can do, is just storing it to picasa and link to it. I guest it's simply way.
On my request.... i like if frihost supported both of php and asp. And supported foldering file.

ASP won't be possible because in order for that, we would need to use microsoft servers (We currently use linux). Linux servers tend to be more stable and secure compared to their windows counterparts
Bockman
imamm, I believe the foldering file you mentioned is WebDAV. If that was what you meant, it is also not possible (for the same reasons as asp).

Be Well Cool