FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Type of internet connection u have, speed and cost per month

akshar
hi guys I am from India and we do not have good broadband facilities. I just want to know hows the situation in your country, reguion

Just mention following things. All approximated.

Connection type: (Dial up | ISDN | DSL | CABLE| CDMA DATA CARD| etc)
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: (eg. 256 kbps)
SERVICE PROVIDER (Reliance,AOL etc etc)
COST PER MONTH: Rs 400, $ 20

Quote:
in my case:
Connection type: CDMA data card
Bandwidth : 22kbps

Service provider: Reliance
Cost per month: Rs400
James007
We already have such a topic, somewhere.

-close-
James007
Topic reopened after talking to the topicstarter.

My apologies.

-reopened-
emem
ADSL
10mbit/768kbit
30€/month (cca. 37$/month)
hunnyhiteshseth
akshar wrote:
hi guys I am from India and we do not have good broadband facilities. I just want to know hows the situation in your country, reguion

Quote:
in my case:

Man, what are you saying?? In India we have fairly good broadband connections, its just that not much home users get them so they are not advertised much & instead low-cost, low-speed connections are advertised.
MTNL/BSNL offers 2Mbps speed & you can get higher speed lines on request also from VSNL. In equivalent dollar terms high speed broadband will be way cheaper than any other country.

In my case configuration is:

Connection Type: ADSL2+
Average BandWidth: 256kbps in day & 512kbps in night
Service Provider: Airtel
Cost per month: 350Rs. per month = 8$
Additional Benifit: 100 Local Calls free
ftv_flung
DSL (wirless router)
2mb
AOL
£14.99
mOrpheuS
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
MTNL/BSNL offers 2Mbps speed & you can get higher speed lines on request also from VSNL. In equivalent dollar terms high speed broadband will be way cheaper than any other country.

They offer 2mbps only on the connections that are otherwise restricted by ridiculously low data transfer limits. (e.g., 400 MB/month)

The highest speed offered by any ISP on a connection with unlimited data transfer is 256kbps.
And that costs around Rs. 1000 /month ( ~ $25 /month)

hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
In my case configuration is:

Connection Type: ADSL2+
Average BandWidth: 256kbps in day & 512kbps in night
Service Provider: Airtel
Cost per month: 350Rs. per month = 8$
Additional Benifit: 100 Local Calls free

What's the monthly data transfer limit ?
virre
ADSL
um quick and getting qucicker 8 something (I don't remember because: )
Free (My mums boyfriend works at the ISP, so as long as they keep together this rocks free quick broadband)

ISP: Not revelade because of as above
Aiz
Well, I'm in MD, US; I used have Comcast at my old house for 7Mbps for about $50 (or was it $60?) per month. We moved 2 months ago and I got us Verizon FIOS (It's their new fiber optical lined service). I just picked their lowest one, I didn't feel like dishing the additional 10 bucks per month for 3 times the bandwidth @_@. And, I just went to their site, and they are offering a discount that were not available when I signed up *sighs* Anyhow:

Connection Type: Fiber Optical
Bandwidth: 5Mbps down/2Mbps up
Service Provider: Verizon
Cost Per Month: $40 (pre tax)

It kinda surprised me when I heard highspeed internet providers elsewhere restricted the transfer amounts; (my friend in UK was complaining about having to buy additional GBs because of the high quantities he downloads). Once, I downloaded 100GB worth of stuff in 2 weeks on an, if I remember correctly, around 700kbps line at my old apartment near the campus once. Who knows how much I've downloaded at my family home. If my ISP limited transfers, I would have bankrupted by now.
shwetanshu
Connection Type: ADSL
Speed: 256kbps
Service Provider: MTNL
Data Transfer: Unlimited
Cost: Rs 1000/month
jylan
Connection Type: Dialup
Speed: 28.8 kbps
Service Provider: Ripper Internet
Cost: $9.99 a month
ankitdatashn
Hi members,

I guess I use the connection which nowadays is most popular in india and still increasing it's base, yes it's none other then dataone connection.

The specifications as requested are:
Connection type: through cable
Average bandwith: it is 2 Mega bits per second or you can also say 256 Kilo Bytes per second
Service provider: None other then our BSNL(bharat sanchar Nigam Limited)
Cost per month: Rs 500 + Rs0.80 per Mega byte above 2.5 Giga byte per month extra
Total download limit: 2.5 Giga byte that's really sufficient!!
Free Download time: from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. whatever you download will be free, so you can download movies (not the trailers but the whole movie!!), also full softwares, etc, etc.

In one word I must say Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is the best as it gives best service at low cost. Though one thing is the drawback, that is if you have any problem in your connection then this govenmental service will get you a lot of effort to get your connection working.

Bharat sanchar nigam limited also has a plan of Rs 250 which is best for average home user while the Rs 500 plan works best for surfers.

Good day!
hunnyhiteshseth
mOrpheuS wrote:

They offer 2mbps only on the connections that are otherwise restricted by ridiculously low data transfer limits. (e.g., 400 MB/month)

The highest speed offered by any ISP on a connection with unlimited data transfer is 256kbps.
And that costs around Rs. 1000 /month ( ~ $25 /month)

What's the monthly data transfer limit ?

Well I get 200MB/month plus unlimited download in night ( from 9PM to 8AM @ 512kbps)
I dont know about you,(since according to you 400MB is also low data transfer limit) but in my case 200MB is quite sufficient for normal daytime browsing,chatting,emailing etc. By using a Download manager, I schedule all downloads in day time to start at 9PM, all updates like av update, application updates etc. happen in night time. So, it just satisfies my needs.

By the way, what plan are you using?
odinstag
I have a cable connection on a wireless network.

Can't remember the speed. But it is fast.

I think it is near $50 a month with the phone bundle we got. Way to expensive IMHO. The people that do pricing should be shot. There is no reason for something a machine does to cost so much.
rvec
400mb/month Shocked

i download and upload 100 gig per month on average

Connection type: DSL
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 600KBps
SERVICE PROVIDER Wanadoo
COST PER MONTH: €30,- = $40.42
SpellcasterDX
Connection type: Cable
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 768kbp/s
SERVICE PROVIDER: TWC
COST PER MONTH: $20/$30 (Actually it might even be $40. I'm not entirely sure. I think they gave my parents a deal of $20/$30 a month for a year and then regular price of $40/$50 after that.)
hunnyhiteshseth
rvec wrote:
400mb/month Shocked

SERVICE PROVIDER Wanadoo

100GB/month Shocked
Man how much HDD you have??? 10TB ???
tribe
Cable High Speed Internet
Called: Zoom 100
Speeds: Up to 256kb per second
Cost: $23.95 a month

I've had it for 5 years now and the price is about the same, maybe a dollar or two less to compete with AT&T DSL, but has great free service and nice speed.
rvec
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
rvec wrote:
400mb/month Shocked

SERVICE PROVIDER Wanadoo

100GB/month Shocked
Man how much HDD you have??? 10TB ???

only 1.5TB in total
A HD-movie is 4-14 gig and after one weekend I can throw it away.
normal movies 700mb and i watch about 6 a week.
xorcist
Bellsouth FastAccess DSL or now At&T
Called: Zoom 100
Speed: 3 Mbps Downstream and 384 Upstream
Cost: $37.95 a month

Its reliable and I get home networking for free so its worth the price. Never really have it go down on me or anything.
darrenpaul
DSL
Imagine Always on+
2MBs
€9:99
The monthly limit is 12Gbs
driftingfe3s
In Los Angeles, CA:
DSL
3 Mbps Up/ 512Kbps down
AT&T
$25 a month

I originally signed up with them as Yahoo! SBC DSL. AT&T then bought out SBC. THe connection is pretty stable and I rarely have any down times.
CMA
Connection Speed: 8 Mbps
Connection Type: Cable
Service Provider: TVCabo (Portugal)
Data Transfer: Unlimited national downloads, 30 GB/month international downloads, unlimited uploads
Cost: 29 €/month (about 39 USD)
Helios
I've got a 1.5Mbits down and 128Kbits up cable connection, with unlimited bandwidth per month.
I'm paying around 18 USD per month (living in Israel).
My service provider is Bezeq International (bezeqint.net).
xorcist
I was looking down the list of peoples connect and I see that some people have service from the same company with higher ups tream and downstream and paying like 10 dollars less then me. But I don't know if that is because At&T bought over the company I am with now and just kept the same prices.
Srs2388
Speed: 1 mbs
Service Provider: Ritternet
Cost: Rs 60/month
nilsmo
I have a great one for being in the US: Verizon FIOS. 5mbps down, 2mbps up for well under $40 as its part of a combo deal. (Normal price is $40/month). For $10 more a month I could get 15mbps bandwidth, but I don't want it.

CMA, 30GB/month international downloads I would not like to have! Just this monring I downloaded 3GB of video mostly internationally.

And please everyone mention your upload speeds. I used to have a connection with 4mbps down but only a quarter megabit up and that's horrible for P2P activities. I like my 2mbps uploads much more.

Connection speed: 5mbps down , 2mbps up
Connection type: Fiber optic
Service provider: Verizon (US)
Cost: $40 a month normally, but less because part of a $100/month combo deal with phone and an extensive TV package
kiranaghor
ISP : Sify Broadband
Speed: 256 kbps
Cost: INR 1200 per month for unlimited download
[FuN]goku
rvec wrote:
400mb/month Shocked

XD Same with me.

Anyways

Connection speed: 10mbit Down, and .... uhm.. not sure about upload... Im guessing 5mbit
Service provider: Eastlink
Cost: $45 Canadian, + it comes with TV/Phone Package.

Unlimited Download/Upload a month afaik.
8ballcrazy
dsl
comcast
like 30$ or something...lol
furtasacra
Bellsouth DSL, $35/mo

VPGroup
Speed: 2048mbs
Service Provider: ULTRANET
Cost: 15euro/month
Kamo
Connection Speed: 2 /256 4/256 at night
Service Provider: Vectra (Poland)
Data Transfer: Unlimited all
Cost: 26 €/month
Zombie
I have dialup, provided by people pc, and its 10 bucks a month. +( .....i want highspeed
Donutey
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: ~3Mbps
SERVICE PROVIDER Verizon
COST PER MONTH: $30

I could get 10Mbps cable, however until the last couple of months it was much more expensive, though now as Verizon is raising their prices ($34 for the same plan I have) I'll be switching to cable when the contract runs out in December.
faund
Connection Speed: 10mbps(ethernet)
Average Speed: 1mbps
Service Provider: NBIP China
Cost: 10$/month
hunnyhiteshseth
faund wrote:
Connection Speed: 10mbps(ethernet)
Average Speed: 1mbps
Service Provider: NBIP China
Cost: 10$/month

Now thats what I call cheap, damn cheap.
skygaia
Connection type: CABLE
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 5Mb, (Max 7Mb)
SERVICE PROVIDER : Rogers Cable
COST PER MONTH: $ 50 (CAD)
yo.hassan
i am using edge for my computer and cell phone. its unlimited and cost me us$ 12.90. it doesnt have any restriction on upload or download data volume but the connection is quite slow. only usefull is i can use it wherever i want..
bonestorm74
I have an ADSL2+ connection. I have a 150 Gigabyte quota (of that 40 gigabytes for on peak and 110 gigabytes for off peak). This all costs me AU$69.99 which is a pretty good deal in Australia. There's nothing much to compete with it actually.
iamarun
I have my broad band connection

The speed is 128kbps but they dont really give 128kbps

i think i get around 100 or less than 100kbps

I am paying 700/- rupees in indian money

I am not really satisfied with the speed but i do not have any other choice as we have only one provider in my location. I fight with him for more faster connection but no result.
dadaj
I have and kable acces to internet 128 kb/s ,and i pay 45 pln,its ~11 euro .
hunnyhiteshseth
iamarun wrote:
I have my broad band connection

The speed is 128kbps but they dont really give 128kbps

i think i get around 100 or less than 100kbps

I am paying 700/- rupees in indian money

I am not really satisfied with the speed but i do not have any other choice as we have only one provider in my location. I fight with him for more faster connection but no result.

Shocked Shocked Man paying 700Rs. for 100kbps is foolishness. Try BSNL or Sify or Airtel, which ever you have in your locality?? Where are you living?
lethaltriad
Bandwidth: 5Mbps down/756kbps up
Service Provider: Flow
Cost Per Month: $30
achowles
Bandwidth: 2Mbps down/512kbps up
Service Provider: Virgin
Cost Per Month: package deal with phone and TV.
biljap
I have dial-up connection with three different providers. I don’t know about speed, sometimes it’s so bad that I wait for several minutes to load a page and then I just have to switch to another provider, usually at least one of them has a little better speed at that time. I pay less than 10 euro for a whole month. Maybe I will soon start to use ADSL… I’m not sure I need it.
otiscom
I'm with NTL in brittain and it costs £17 permonth for 2 meg.
greatfire
Cable
12 Meg a second
Data:12 gig and unlimited off Bigpond's file servers
ISP: Bigpond
Cost averages$45 AUD month (get some months half price)
That's pretty good competition bonestorm
phillyfan
Right now my intenet is not so good...

My speed is about 350 kbps = about 50 kb per sec
Upload is bout 13 kb per second >_< ( very weak)
Internet Provider is embark
Type is very slow dsl that was fromed about 15-25 years ago and they still not have upgraded it to faster speeds...
Cost is about $45 U.S. Dollars.
InsanePL
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: ~2Mbps
SERVICE PROVIDER: Vectra (Poland)
COST PER MONTH: ~$35

newso
I am on virgin media and i have an unbelievable package with them. They gave me this package for life because they messed me about so much in the start of my contract with them.

This is what i get:

20meg Broadband, Unlimited Bandwidth

Unlimited Local and National Calls

XL TV Package, with over 250 Channels

Sky Sports. 1 2 3 and Extra

Setanta Sports Package - Includes Setanta 1 & 2, NASN 1 & 2, Setanta Golf and at the races.

All this i am getting for just £61 with them for life.
ChrisCh
My ISP has recently enabled ADSL2+ on my exchange, so that's a 24mbps theoretical maximum (it usually goes around 7-8mbps though), and it comes with 16GB high speed downloads, and when the download limit is reached, speed is throttled to 126kbps until the end of the billing period at no charge. It also comes with free IPTV (with about 30 satellite channels), which does not count towards the monthly download limit.

So yea, I'm quite happy! Only $49.99 a month! Very Happy
akshar
It seems in most of the places people are not so happy with their connection however they are sticking to their connection only because they do not have any other choice.
heinrich666
Cable

$30 a month
Alaskacameradude
GCI cable. It's got a download speed of about 1 meg...upload of around 300kbps. Cost is about $30 a month with no download restrictions.
ashish2005
[quote="akshar"]hi guys I am from India and we do not have good broadband facilities. I just want to know hows the situation in your country, reguion

Quote:
in my case:

Well friend, I thought that in India there were better and cheap internet services than that.

Here in Nepal, our internet services are worse. We get the option to choose between dialup and cable internet. Dialup costs more than cable because of the phone bills that it generates. So most of us who are lucky enough to get a cable box near our house get cable internet and it's about Rs. 2000 for a 24($30) hour surf plan and my plan which is a night surfing plan(8pm to 8 am) is Rs. 650 ($10) per month. The speed of the internet sucks. When I download files without doing anything else it downloads at the speed of 6kbps.
1337Bender
Connection type: Dial up
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 28 kbps
SERVICE PROVIDER: Local Net
COST PER MONTH: $10

Man I want high speed dial up is soooo slow.
Urban
Highspeed ! Very Happy

Connection type : ADSL
Connection Speed : 10 Mbps
Service Provider : Bell Canada
Unlimited download/upload
CPM : a.p. 70$ CAD because my parents have their cellulars/phones on the same company (So it's all in the same bill).

I'm really happy of my connection but T1 would be cool Razz

DivineLight
Here in Pakistan it's almost same like India.

AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 256 kbps
SERVICE PROVIDER WOL (World Online, http://lhr.wol.net.pk )
COST PER MONTH: $20

And i get almost 26kB/s
Psycho_X52
Urban wrote:
Highspeed ! Very Happy

CPM : a.p. 70$ CAD

This isn't quite good because at your 10mbps you have a lower bandwidth ( 3274kbps is about 400kb/s, while you should have 1208...)
I've got:
BANDWIDTH: 3Mbps
ISP: UPC Romania
COST PER MONTH: 12$

DivineLight
Sorry forgot to paste this image, this test site is really cool, here are my statistics of 256kbps ADSL.
And gues whats the price?? 20$, yes. Internet is real costly in here.
While you ppl get 3mbps for 12$ Sad

blind_underwear
Sadly enough, I have comcast "high speed" internet. It is actually slower then my grandfather's DSL and I pay like thirty five dollars more a month then he does. They are always having problems with their network. I was actually told that they internet is so slow because it it summer. The previous three summers it was slow, but not as slow as this summer. Their tech support is horrible. One time I could only type in ip addresses and not url's and the tech guy actually laughed at me and just told me to have fun trying to figure out the ip addresses of the sites I wanted to visit and then hung up on me Mad . I'm glad that I have moved to a new area that doesn't have comcast, so now I have Charter and love it.
DivineLight
Well that's a horrible story, I know what it's like without net. ssome days ago I can't logion and it was sunday, so no tech support or I wasn't lucky no one was answering the calls.

But even in here (Pakistan) situation is not that worse, where do you live?
Kamo
Recently they updated my line from 2/256 to 4/512 and 8/16/512 at night depends on hour.

But now it works like this:

smartpandian
Connection Speed : 8 Mbps
Provider : Virgin
CPM : a.p. 17£ / month..
No contract...
Urban
Psycho_X52 wrote:
Urban wrote:
Highspeed ! Very Happy

CPM : a.p. 70$ CAD

This isn't quite good because at your 10mbps you have a lower bandwidth ( 3274kbps is about 400kb/s, while you should have 1208...)
I've got:
BANDWIDTH: 3Mbps
ISP: UPC Romania
COST PER MONTH: 12$

I think it's because the server was too far.

Some of my previous tests :

Molle

Ehm, we pay 400,- a month. 400 norwegian. I guess that's around 60$.
But there's something wrong with it now, so it's a bit slow... very slow.
Hunterseaker

This is not a very good result, normaly it is much higher, about 4000 kb/s download speed. Tho today my connection is really slow Sad. And thats the whole problem, I pay for a high speed connection: 20M, tho the real speed is much slower.

I have DSL and I have a Dutch provider.
I pay 36 euro's a month.

So you can imagine I'm not quite happy with my results......
dude_xyx
Im using ADSL line which I pay 30 US dollars per month. Line suppose to give me something around 512 to 1 MB download speed But it never happens. Usually gets something around 128 MB. Since there is only on ADSL provider there aren't we can do. Also its not based on bandwidth and its a Unlimited line. So I have to be happy with it.

rein
This was done at work. We use a business-type of ADSL connection.

The internet market is monopolised here though, because the telecom network in Belgium is the property of a former governmental organisation. Because of that, we pay far too much for internet access. My home internet costs 42€/month, with a download limit of 12 gigabyte/month.
Ridiculous huh.
Donutey
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 10Mbps/1Mbps
SERVICE PROVIDER Comcast/Insight (they're merging)
COST PER MONTH: $30
krazy
I don't know the speed of our internet, but we run 3 computers and a laptop off the same wireless modem, and all 4 computers can be using the internet at the same time and the internet is still really fast.
We are in the UK and also use bt internet.
I have no clue how much it comes in a month, as we have a package with ours, telephone, digital, and internet, so internet on it's own I wouldn't know.
Kitten Kong
I can get 30gb of ADSL2+ here is Australia for $59.95 a month, I also get another 150gb between 3am and 8am.

that amounts to a vast vast amount of porn. fast porn.
Arseniy
Now I've changed my internet provider's account and I have unlimited 64 kbps.
Not bad as for dial-up I've used for last year and 2mbps with 400 mb limit per month.
Speed: upload - ~90 kbps
download - ~ 85 kbps
Cost - nearly 12 bucks a month Smile
akshar
finally i upgraded
Type: ADSL
Speed: 30KBps (average)
Cost : $25 pm for unlimited downloading
Provider : BSNL India
jsymac

Speed: 2084K Unlimited

Cost: £16.99

Provider: Newtel
asim
Connection type: (Broadband)
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: (256 kbps)
SERVICE PROVIDER (MTNL)
COST PER MONTH: Rs 700.00
HamsterMan
29 Euro for my 1mbit/256kbit dsl line, but then I had to pay 7 Euro more when I found out did didn't give you an static or even public ip as default. But in paying that I also apparently got 1mbit up.
Rusakko
Connection type: ADSL
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 2Mbps/0.5Mbps
SERVICE PROVIDER Sonera
COST PER MONTH: 35 EUR
alyer
i have internet connection via Virtual Private Network. This is connecting via 100Mb local area network. i dont know exactly how to measure peak throughoutput of internet connection but i think it is about 256 Kbs max. and it is well enough for my purposes. the only disadvantage is that i have not a static IP adress so i going to find some other ISP that gives me a constant IP adress.
frih
akshar wrote:

Quote:
in my case:

my is
Connection type: ( CABLE)
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: ( 128 kbps)
SERVICE PROVIDER ( Sify)
Cost(Rs.314/-)
Donutey
Bandwidth : 3Mbps/768Kbps
Service provider: Verizon
Cost per month: $34.95

Midwest USA

Cable service from comcast is faster and slightly cheaper here, but I don't like all the issues they have with bandwidth throttling and bittorrent tcp resets.
LostOverThere
ISP: TPG
Speed: 512kbs/56kbs
Limit: 3GB a month. Speed slowed to dialup after that.
Price: $39AUD (36USD)

Yeah, it sucks but I live in Australia where all internet sucks. So...you know.
darkeagle
In Turkey, cheappest connection is ADSL 1024/256 kbps, 4 gb download limited costs 30 Turkish Liras per month. About 23$
zjosie729
I have either dsl or cable, I'm not sure. it's like $30 a month, from Comcast.
vineeth
Provider : Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
Type : Govt.

Connection : Dial up
Speed : ??? (I am unable to connect to any speed testing websites even !)
Cost : Rs. 0.10 paise per min for internet and Rs. 1.00 for 10 min for telephone
Cost per month : Depends. for me approx Rs. 1500/month
MaxStirner
DSL 16,000 (measured 12,000) flat rate at Alice-DSL in Germany.
visualconcepts
Connection type: BroadBand
Bandwidth : 128Kbps
Service provider: MTNL
Cost per month: Rs. 600
macxthegamer

Service Provider: Comcast Cool
cost per month: $20 USD

heh I dunno why I get such good speed, especially since I'm getting their "758kbs" plan or w.e xP
ericjordi
Connection type:CABLE
SERVICE PROVIDER casema
COST PER MONTH: 29.95
Bandwidth : 100,0 mbps
RedFalcon2631
Connection type: (TCP/IP
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: (8megabita)
SERVICE PROVIDER (Toucan)
COST PER MONTH: £14 and a bit more for phone

Overall i would say that we have a great isp
redchic
Connection type:Boradband
SERVICE PROVIDER flow
COST PER MONTH: approx 28 US
Bandwidth : 2 mbps soon to be 4
xtupie
In Sotuh Africa we only have one choice so the costs are high. I will quote the price in Rands, divide by 7.5 to get US Dollars.

I have ADSL from TELKOM in is a 384Mb and cost R129.00, and I have a 3 Gig download/upload bundle from SAINET for R139.00 so in total I pay R268.00 which is plus minus 35 US Dollars.
wraglan
Hi Guys am using BSNL DataOne Broadband connection and my Package Name is
COMBO 500PLUS HOME PLAN and the cost is Rs.600 2.5 GB Upload and download
capacity. for the past three months for the past three days am not getting connect to the net at 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. at 6 a.m. only i am getting to connect to internet. I suspect somebody holds my connection. Actually
i use to download movies & Softwares on that time. What would be the problem, this is my
My Modem model is D-Link GLB-502T. . could anybody know about this
plz give me the tips abt it or mail me to this ID: davidwrag@indiatimes.com
silverdown
Connection type: cable
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: I am suppose to be getting 10 MB internet
SERVICE PROVIDER: Charter Communications
COST PER MONTH: Total a month is $54.99, if you count the cable TV (digital with DVR) 98.99 I just normally pay $100 and be done with it.
elmariohusha
Connection type: (ADSLl)
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: (Unlimited
SERVICE PROVIDER (Sky)
COST PER MONTH:20 pounds
SPEED:20mbps
Faraz
Connection type: LAN
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 15kbps
SERVICE PROVIDER: Multinet
COST PER MONTH: $13
ashish2005
I am in called Nepal and the internet connections here are worse than what it is in India. I think that my the bandwidth for my current internet connection is also provided by India. I used to use dial up which was really slow and cable internet connection which was equal to the speed of dial up about a week ago. Then ADSL got introduced for the first time in my country and I subscribed to it as soon as I could.

So here is my internet connection details:

AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 128 kbps (they say it but it's slower that that)
SERVICE PROVIDER: NT (Nepal Telecom)
COST PER MONTH: Rs. 904 ($13 approx.)

I think I will upgrade it to 256 kbps as soon as they allow upgrading of accounts and promise a good support for my internet connection.
rufa
CONNECTION TYPE: Fiber Cable
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 100/100mbps (although I only get around 80/70mbps).
SERVICE PROVIDER: OwnIT
COST PER MONTH: Dunno, not that much though, prolly around 40$/month. Cheap in Sweden Smile.
loonix
CONNECTION TYPE: ADSL2+
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 11 meg down / 1.5 meg up
SERVICE PROVIDER: Be
COST PER MONTH: £22
Where I live I only have the option of ADSL/ADSL2+
The line quality I have is not so great and DSL is not available so my options are limited
neogrinch
I have DSL with Verizon.

Bandwith is 3 Megabit download and 768 kilobit upload. I tend to reach speeds at least 75% of the advertised bandwith during peak times and higher offpeak.

The cost per month is $30.00 USD
FriBogdan
Almost the same topic was discussed over and over again some time ago. Please use search next time...
carlospro7
I have 7mb cable internet from roadrunner

Average download speed 6936 kb/s
Average upload speed 490 kb/s

Area: Athens, OH
Provider: Time Warner Roadrunner.

I'm paying for 7mb download, 512kb upload max speeds, so it's not too bad. Cost is $34.95 per month.
gr8inferno
DSL here, Charter I have a pkg internet/cable/phone for little over a hundre $. I think
PatTheGreat42
I have a soup can and a string. The soup was pretty expensive, but I found the string at the dump.
Thumpercats
I have Comcast Cable and the bill only went up $20 a month!
indoboyzone
akshar wrote:

Quote:
in my case:

i think my internet speed in our country is not better than your country.

In Indonesia, not only the speed is so slow but got many problem, we can say almost 30 or 40% our online time ve got a problem, many time is we can't get online.

so the indonesia internet connection is so complete you know, slow+got many problem.

what we pay is a rubbish internet fee.

even u want to browser, or chatting or open you email you will waste your time to wait and wait to got this open.

so we are the same destiny.

our internet speed is only 64kbps with unlimited, yes the price is cheap only $ 10-12, but dont expect to get the stable connection in indonesia,, i think our internet speed in indonesia we can say is retarded.

even when you download only 1-2 Kbps, so the 64 is not the real speed, if i say the real speed is just 1-10kbps.

so you can see our internet speed is so sad and so tragic you know.
Dark_Jedi06
Connection Type: Cable (it might be DSL)
Average Bandwith: 1.0 Gbps
Provider: Rutgers University Tech Department
Cost: Only $11,000 in housing each year...

I'm currently at Rutgers University housed in an oh so wonderful dorm, so the university is the one providing the internet connection. It's very fast and very reliable, however the overwhelming number of students attending the school means that everyone has weekly download/upload limits which is incredibly annoying...not to mention the price tag for on-campus housing is absurd.
prithvi
I use You Telecom internet connection

Bandwidth: 256 Kbps unlimited (my current package, more plans available)
Download speed: 25-30 kbps
Provider: You Telecom India (www.youtele.com)
Cost: Rs 800/month
hot_inferno
Connection Type: Fiber Optic
Speed: 10Mbps
Service Provider: Virgin Media
Cost: £20/month
RipperGOD
Connection type: LAN
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 256kbps
SERVICE PROVIDER: Pace Net
COST PER MONTH: $ 20
speeDemon
akshar wrote:

Quote:
in my case:

I guess a lot has changed in India, I mean, now we've got 2mbps, and airtel is even launching 16 mbps broadband....
hamza1122
Adsl 2+
Tpg
i don't know about the speed. but it's pretty fast. i've once had 11 mbps download speed =]
um... 50 bux per month for 25gb on/ 25gb off peak
spring567
I am in China . It is very easy to conect to the Internet .

AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 1 M
SERVICE PROVIDER :China Telecome
COST PER MONTH: 100RMB
emonbd
CABLE
100 kbps
ZIP
800 (BDT)
Ghost900
Connection Type: DSL Broadband
Average Bandwidth: 1.5 mbps
Provider: Quest
Cost: I think its $26.99 a month but that's with a $5 deal since we bundle with our phone.

It is a little slow sometimes but not a bad speed.

By the way some of you are saying your speed isn't as quick of a speed as advertised, the reason may be because the speed advertised is in (Megabits) not (Megabytes) as with my internet I get a 150 Kilobyte/second download instead of 1.5 Megabytes, I think a Megabit is a tenth of a Megabyte roughly.
mwsupra
My connection type: Cable...
Speed is up to 7 megabits per second...
Costs $45 bucks a month...
For $10 bucks more a month I can get premium, which is up to 15 megabits per second, and if I'm downloading something and need the extra bandwidth it can boost up to 22 megabits per second... Very Happy

I work for a DSL Intnernet Service Provider so I feel bad using cable... but its not a bad deal and all I can get where I live anyway...
valadez
My internet speed etc is
Speed - 10mbps
Cost - £10.00
Service Provider - Virgin media
Region- UK
umeshtangnu
Connection type: ADSL2+
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 256 kbps:cry: Crying or Very sad
SERVICE PROVIDER MTNL
COST PER MONTH: Rs 600, $ 30
Region- India
m-productions
Connection type: wirless
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: downloads ~ 130 mbs
SERVICE PROVIDER: verizon
COST PER MONTH: $70

where we live, there is no cable, and the phone lines are to old for dsl. Sattilite has horirble latency and cost even more. The verizon wirless card rocks, can take it anywhere with my laptop and has great speeds!
skygaia
Connection type: etc (wireles)
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: (3Mbps)
SERVICE PROVIDER (KT)
COST PER MONTH: about $10
guissmo
$20/month
I'm not sure about speed. Is there any way to know through the Internet?
Insanity
There should be plenty of speed tests online... Google speed test and pick one. They're mostly simple flash based tests.

Mine is around 1.5Mbps down and I forget how fast up, but I pay a whopping $55 a month for my Time Warner Cable.
Nick2008
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 10 Mbps Download (768 kbps Upload)
SERVICE PROVIDER: Cox Communications
COST PER MONTH: 38.99/month
Additional Benefits: Powerboost during download up to 12.5 Mbps.
AresCJ
Bellsouth|ATT

- DSL

$100-120 a month.
shkumbin
Connection type: CABLE
AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: (3Mbps)
SERVICE PROVIDER (KT)
COST PER MONTH: about 20 Euro
stel4e
Connection speed: 21.63 mbps down , 13.60 mbps up
Service provider: Megalan
Cost: $30 a month
cr3ativ3
ProfessorY91
See signature, awesome internet.

At home, when I am home, its Comcast. Pretty fast, but they have something against hosting certain games.

Edit 2/8/2011: Why, oh why, am I tricked into responding to necro'ed topics. >.< Ah well, more details on Comcast below.
dude_xyx
Speed: 512kbps ( well usually download speed stays around 256)
Service Provider: Telicom
Data Transfer: Unlimited
Cost: $16

Its pretty slow sometimes getting slower but for that price the best you can get here.
tony100
hai friends relience data card provides top quality internet connectivity with excellent service to the consumers.If you want to know more about reliance-datacard-plans just see this.
ProfessorY91
Comcast ~ $30 / month.
15 Mb/s d/l
5 - 9 Mb/s u/l
Impressed with the service, no complaints except when storms come through in the summer.
No noticeable bandwidth caps, despite using over 45 GB of bandwidth in a week, in addition to much more conservative usage for the rest of the month. Has allowed me to host gaming servers, my own website, and a moderately fast FTP file server with no problems. Has allowed up to 6 people to play with no lag on internet based (not true LAN) FPS games. They do, however, block traffic ports until and unless you call them, prove that you're a power user, and give them irrefutable evidence that they should open what you want them to open.

I really can't complain, the service is excellent.

The speedtest below is what we are afforded at Carleton College. It's quite ridiculous, and students basically have these speeds and unlimited bandwidth. (But pay an equally ridiculous tuition).
ankur209
I'm using BSNL

ISP:BSNL 2G with 3G network
Speed : 2Mbps
Cost : 274 (Unlimited)
ankitdatashn
ankur209 wrote:
I'm using BSNL

ISP:BSNL 2G with 3G network
Speed : 2Mbps
Cost : 274 (Unlimited)

Hi dear, I think people would know better if we also quote the currencies Smile

Anyways for me Airtel connection, it got 4 MBPS speed uptil 6 GB after which it decreases to 256 Kbps.

The cost is 899 Indian Rupees per month along with a landline phone.

I used to use Bharat sanchar Nigam Limited but thought to try out this one. Bharat sanchar Nigam Limited is good for economy and Airtel is average in all aspects.
ms_j
I'm from Serbia

Provider: Telekom Srbija
Speed: 4Mb/s
Data: unlimited
Cost: ~2.100 RSD (~28 USD)

I've been lucky with this thing. When I bought it (in 2007) the speed was 512 Kb/s, and now it's 8 times faster for the same price. Laughing
Insanity
I have a DSL and I pay a ridiculous 50 bucks a month for mediocre speed.
naweed
1 mbps connection speed
unlimited bandwidth
33$
isp : orange
mukesh
Guys my country Indian. In India now many companies which provide facility of Internet. But BSNL (Bhartia Sanchar Nigam Limited) is all most on top and my connection of Internet BSNL and Reliance. But about 2 months i am using Internet of BSNL. Speed of Internet is 512 kbps and monthly RS 750.00 /- (rupees) Smile
adri
Country Belgium
Provider Base
Downloadspeed 400kbps
Uploadspeed 40kbps
Bandwidth Unlimited
Price 35€ (47$) (but that includes telephone too)

I really like the unlimited part of the connection. Smile

adri
iman
unlimited data transfer in 400kbps at home, and my wireless data connection reaches up to 2Mbps. I really wanna move to korea.
chatrack
akshar wrote:

Tata docomo - with dial up - cost Rs. 48 / month . Maximum download speed 25 kbps
It is the lowest rate I searched out here !!
watersoul

SKY Internet, speed as above, cost £14.00 per month.
cybersa
Mine is Very slow.
Type:Dial up
Download:35-40KB
Upload:10KB
Cost:98INR
Plan:Unlimited
lightwate
man, I envy those fast (and relatively cheap) internet connections Sad here's my specs

Type: cable
Cost: 1600php ~37$ (includes landline phone)
Dennise
Charter Cable; residential
About 7.5 mbps
Internet only
Up time and service quality is fair

$54.99/month ripoff !!!!
ankitdatashn
In addition to the earlier connection I also use Airtel GPRS through my phone by bluetooth connection on my laptop.

Airtel charges 98 Rupees for it ( 2$ ) per month and it gives a speed of 120 Kbps or around 15 KBPS when on max speed. Not quite speedy but yes quite effective to reduce my internet bills Smile
metalfreek
Well lots of guys have a descent mbps connection but I am still at kbps. So, anyways here is my details

AVERAGE BANDWIDTH: 384kbps
SERVICE PROVIDER: Nepal Telecom (NT)
COST PER MONTH: $25/month including tax
Additional Benefits: Nothing so far.

But they are cheating on the actual bandwidth. My connection is very slow right now and they did nothing so far after complaining for more than 5 times. Lets see what happens.

BTW, no download limit at all. I can download as much as I want. 24hrs a day. This is nice considering most of the guys have download limits per day.
foumy6
att u verse 6.0
25$ per month Im satified with for dsl Smile download speed 700-1000kbs
LostOverThere
Ah, good ol' Australia with its expensive internet and lousy speeds.

1.5mbps
$50USD/Month
50GB Download Quota.
alvarorojas4

$52 (+TV and Phone)
Telmex
Colombia.
GarTheConquer
Hello people of four years ago.

Sasktel $140/month

nam_siddharth
2 Mbps, WiFi connection

Rs 1349 per month ie. $21.6/month
nam_siddharth
GarTheConquer wrote:
Hello people of four years ago.

Sasktel $140/month

It looks unrealistic.
dan_l2
DSL
Bezeq
100MB! Razz

Around 40$ per month
mshafiq
I am using since three month Tech sevy Internet connection. I am not happy with this connection because it is not as good as i was using before shaw internet.
i switched my internet from Shaw to tech sevy to save per-month money but it was totatly wrong decision.