FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help Suggestion

spider
i have found some posts from users to be unhelpful to others... I mean,, ive only found it in the php scripting forums, but didnt really look elswhere,,

Im talking on posts by users needing help with php.. these posts would ask questions and one gentleman got "do a search on google." and that was it,,,, I will try to help anyone i can in the php forums, but if someone dont know how to help this person, maybe a heading at the top of the page can read,,, if you dont know, or not sure on the subject a person is asking a question on, please dont post... on top of that, in one of the forums i had some problems with the submit button,, think it was lagging or something,, but i clicked the submit button 3 times,, and you might want to add,,, please only click the submit button only once,,, mainly cuz this adds unwanted space to your storage...
thanks
Bondings
spider wrote:
i have found some posts from users to be unhelpful to others... I mean,, ive only found it in the php scripting forums, but didnt really look elswhere,,

Im talking on posts by users needing help with php.. these posts would ask questions and one gentleman got "do a search on google." and that was it,,,, I will try to help anyone i can in the php forums, but if someone dont know how to help this person, maybe a heading at the top of the page can read,,, if you dont know, or not sure on the subject a person is asking a question on, please dont post... on top of that, in one of the forums i had some problems with the submit button,, think it was lagging or something,, but i clicked the submit button 3 times,, and you might want to add,,, please only click the submit button only once,,, mainly cuz this adds unwanted space to your storage...
thanks

I agree, but the problem with some questions is that the users didn't search for it in the first place. Not here, not on google and they didn't even try it out. And, by the way, I did triple post by accident some time ago myself, so it is not really that bad. Wink
Deji
its not that people are being harsh its just that many questions on the forums can be answered by a simple google search.

A lot of the time its fairly obvious that the person has made no attempt to solve the problem themselves and is realy just posting it to keep their points up.

i know i use google when im trying to help people, mainly because i know its fairly relyable if i cant remember a url or something.