FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Erm.... Can't think of a subject.

Relentless
Hi,

I am having trouble understanding this. I upload a webpage e.g /home.html

And I later on i want to modify this webpage. so i do but the only way for the changes to be seen is by refreshing the webpage. No my website is counting on alot of visiters and i cnt tell them to keep pressing f5 everytime the visit my website. so is there a way to stop this or somthing to do with the cach?

Coz it is really annoying. or do i have to keep changing file format? coz my webpages are savved as .html and i am changing them all to .htm for my new website template so it loads. but what about after that?

Does anybody understand what i have written?
teko
why dont you open your html files in a browser from your pc? When you have the html pages the way you like them, then upload the html to frihost. This will save your counter giving you false info.
Relentless
Question

Nevermind no one understands me. i was a serious question aswell Sad

ok if i upload home.html to frihost then leave it hosting for a week and want to edit the webpage all i do is upload another home.html file with changes. BUT to view the new home.html file i need to refrest the page to show it even if i close the browser and click on the home link. i still need to press F5.

So for people looking at my website its very inconveeniant for them to keep refreshing m webpages to see a new photo i put on there or video ect.

understand now?
imagefree
Relentless wrote:
Question

Nevermind no one understands me. i was a serious question aswell Sad

ok if i upload home.html to frihost then leave it hosting for a week and want to edit the webpage all i do is upload another home.html file with changes. BUT to view the new home.html file i need to refrest the page to show it even if i close the browser and click on the home link. i still need to press F5.

So for people looking at my website its very inconveeniant for them to keep refreshing m webpages to see a new photo i put on there or video ect.

understand now?

well its not any hosting problem or something like that. The person visiting your site for the first time in life will get the latest updated page.

Its the problem of your browser. You are probably using Opera or Firefox. If you have enabled cache and you dont refresh the page, as long as the page remains in cache, it continues to display the same page.

You dont have to worry about it but if you site is an image site and requires a continuous refresh or update, use java.
littlegiant
Yeah this is definitely got to do with your browser settings. Typically, most people will have their browsers set to display any changes in text or images on your page. To refresh CSS and Javascript, you may have to force a refresh (Shift + Click on Refresh button). If you want to have a web counter that excludes any visits from your computer, you should sign up for Statcounter. It's free and it will allow you to enter your IP address so that you can visit your pages/site all you want and it won't count in the stats.