FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Emmer-Compascuum
I don't know if this has been reported before (at least, Google search didn't say anything), but ehm... I'll just continue.

When I was registering and asking myself what username I should enter, I saw this:
Quote:
Spaces and special characters are (no longer) allowed.

Round brackets contain text that can be omitted without destroying or altering the meaning of a sentence. In this case that's not true. These two sentences have two totally different meanings:
1. Spaces and special characters are allowed.
2. Spaces and special characters are no longer allowed.

I think this line should be removed, as it is irrelevant, because in the previous line it is already said that spaces and special characters are not allowed.

A screenshot showing the text on the registration page
coreymanshack
Emmer-Compascuum wrote:
I don't know if this has been reported before (at least, Google search didn't say anything), but ehm... I'll just continue.

When I was registering and asking myself what username I should enter, I saw this:
Quote:
Spaces and special characters are (no longer) allowed.

Round brackets contain text that can be omitted without destroying or altering the meaning of a sentence. In this case that's not true. These two sentences have two totally different meanings:
1. Spaces and special characters are allowed.
2. Spaces and special characters are no longer allowed.

I think this line should be removed, as it is irrelevant, because in the previous line it is already said that spaces and special characters are not allowed.

A screenshot showing the text on the registration page

also "-" AND "_" are special characters.
m-productions
he knows what special characters are, hes saying the sentence that says this is worded wrong.
coreymanshack
m-productions wrote:
he knows what special characters are, hes saying the sentence that says this is worded wrong.

he is talking about parenthesis, i was telling bondings that "-"AND"_" are also special characters and the sentence says you can use them, if you can't it needs to be removed.
Bondings
You are right, the "no" shouldn't be between brackets. And yes the whole sentence isn't really needed, but it's there to make it completely obvious. I'll either remove it or put the no outside the brackets.
m-productions
coreymanshack wrote:
m-productions wrote:

he is talking about parenthesis, i was telling bondings that "-"AND"_" are also special characters and the sentence says you can use them, if you can't it needs to be removed.

no he was not, re-read his post again, and slower. Also bondings has seen the error in the sentense that he was talking about...all will be fixed.
coreymanshack
m-productions wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
m-productions wrote:

no he was not, re-read his post again, and slower. Also bondings has seen the error in the sentense that he was talking about...all will be fixed.

i really don't think you can be wrong can you? oh well, like you said all will be fixed.