FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

cures for acne / bad skin using spices

qsmith
anyone heard of cures for acne / bad skin using spices (specifically Tumeric?)
woundedhealer
There are several essential oils and also carrier oils which helps heal acne, but I don't know of any spices. Wheatgerm carrier oil and borage oil are very good. As for essential oils there's lavender, teatree, chamomile, clove, bergamot and myrrh. There are probably more than this, but I can't think of them right now.

As for bad skin, it would depend on the problem as different skin types have different needs. I would always add wheatgerm oil to a blend. Eveninng primrose oil capsules can be pierced and the oil added to other oils.

You can add essential oils to your normal moisturer, or you can just blend your chosen oils together - 10% wheatgerm oil and 3 drops of essential oils to 10ml of carrier oil. This is great for night time.
Sadow
Well, I'm not an expert on this area, but I found out myself when I was in my pubescent years it when I didn't touch the acne, it went away pretty quickly and then it heal pretty good.
woundedhealer
Sadow wrote:
Well, I'm not an expert on this area, but I found out myself when I was in my pubescent years it when I didn't touch the acne, it went away pretty quickly and then it heal pretty good.

You're very lucky. Some people who have acne so bad they are left with bad scarring. The fact you didn't touch it means you didn't infect or spread it.
samples-surveys
I don't know about herbal acne remedies, but i use milk and sugar as a scrub. I buy a small can of evaporated milk (it's thicker and creamier than even whole milk) and mix it with a cup of grain sugar in a small glass jar. It keeps for a week in the fridge, it's the best scrub I've ever had and I've tried every otc scrub at the drugstore. And the best part is that milk is a natural anti-oxidant and it's cheap stuff you can find at home.
woundedhealer
samples-surveys wrote:
I don't know about herbal acne remedies, but i use milk and sugar as a scrub. I buy a small can of evaporated milk (it's thicker and creamier than even whole milk) and mix it with a cup of grain sugar in a small glass jar. It keeps for a week in the fridge, it's the best scrub I've ever had and I've tried every otc scrub at the drugstore. And the best part is that milk is a natural anti-oxidant and it's cheap stuff you can find at home.

A scrub removes dead skin scales and thoroughly cleanses the skin.
Oats would be more gentle in a scrub for the face. An aggresive scrub can damage the skin and remove natural oils.
amicalindia
Yes, it is possible. Also you can try adding Neem leaves (Azadirachta Indica) to your beathing water.

qsmith wrote:
taitj
Proactive works well for acne. Some may be prone to dry skin using it daily, but it certainly makes a difference on complexion and moisture. Best place to shop for it is on e-bay though.
edzofcit
Based from the informations which I've gathered, There's no specific Cure for ACNE. There's a way though to lessen this problem. These are written below:

1. Wash your face regularly. You must always feel clean and fresh.
2. Have a proper rest or sleep. This can help regenerate dead cells and improve your skin.
3. Avoid touching your face. There might be microbes that can be transmitted to your body.
4. Watch Hands regularly. Cleanliness is always next to GODlines.
5. benzoyl peroxide is a great help in getting you out of ACNE trouble.
twisthigh
I've never heard of using spices to get rid of acne, but one thing is for sure don't use Proactiv, once you start that stuff you can't stop. I suggest SkinIntelligence it works!
darvit
qsmith wrote:
...using spices (specifically Tumeric?)

You mean, this?
Quote:

One very useful spice in treating acne is turmeric. Taken both internally and applied directly on affected skin, it helps a lot due to its antiseptic properties. Taken internally, particularly with warm milk, it helps our immune system and is generally used in India to get rid of colds, and applied as warm poultice in treating inflamed skin due to sprain and strain. In the treatment of acne, turmeric is useful in drying out acne and removing blemishes.

To use it on acne, make a creamy paste of turmeric with coconut oil (or sesame oil). You can either warm this paste in a tea spoon and then apply, or dab it just like that on the acne. Cover the acne and surrounding area completely with this paste. Use this paste at least 20 minutes before going to bed so that it dries before your face contacts the pillow.

Leave it overnight and you would be surprised to find in the morning the difference in the size of acne. Even acne produced by hormonal changes in women responds to this turmeric treatment greatly. It takes hardly 2-3 days for acne to vanish completely, without leaving a hint of ever having been on the skin spot.

This is the greatest advantage of turmeric treatment. It not only dries out the acne, it stops any blemish formation or making skin flaky or dry. It also is useful in having a glowing complexion if applied everyday on the whole face before taking a bath, even for 5-10 minutes. This “face mask” is routinely used by South Indian women and their clear, smooth skin is an indicator of its effectiveness.

I just Googled "turmeric for acne" and there you go.

Thanks for asking about it, though because I just learned something new today. Razz

PS: Anyone looking for another acne treatment, this is what I did, because ever since I came to North Carolina, I started getting bad acne. I tried everything--even Proactive--and nothing worked.

Recently, I just took two courses of antibiotics [my acne was due to hormones and an infection somewhere] and I now wash my face with sulfur soap and ice cubes [to close the pores]. I use an antioxidant cream afterwards to get rid of a few scars [ Sad] and to prevent oxidation. Worked wonders! Very Happy
sopetite
I used to have bad acne, but now I'm okay, but it's because of contraceptive pills
woundedhealer
I recently read an article about acne. It recommends not using soap on acne. The reason for this is acne is caused by overproduction of sebum. Soap dries out the skin which causes the oil glands to work harder to produce more sebum, which makes makes the problem worse.
It recommends using a gentle cleanser, toner and moisuriser.
Acne is not caused or made worse by food unless you have allergies, but eating a healthy diet will help your system fight the acne.

Herbs recommended by this article is soapwort, which is used as a soap; elderflower tea, elderflowers used as a skin emollient in homemade skincare products; Cardamon seeds made into a tea to drink or to use as a toner; yarrow tea to drink, yarrow flowers made into a decoction to dab on to the affected areas; echinacea tinture or tablets; evening primprose oil.
uradics
Homeopathy has a very good scope in the treatment for Acne. The medicines can eliminate the eruptions over a period of time, prevent further outbreaks and gradually give a healthy look to the skin. It is important to note, that acne almost never disappears at once, since it is greatly influenced by hormonal levels (which fluctuate due to various reasons). Acne eruptions can vary in intensity and severity during the treatment. Nevertheless, with continued and regular medication, the condition will come under good control and can finally disappear.

In the severe cases of acne, Homeopathic Remedies Treatments for Acne can help to reduce the severity of the eruptions and control scarring as far as possible. The best part about Homeopathy Medicines for Acne is that, it has no side-effects whatsoever and can be safely taken even for a long period of time without worrying about any side effects.

Try Homeopathic Treatment for Acne Now!! It is natural and it really helps.
menino
My friend had this acne problem with scarring, espeially since he ate a lot of junk food, but he usually applies a face mask, at which we make fun of him, since he looks like a ghost.
gtara1
Tea tree oil is good, also propolis.
couriero
Many schools ,cheap ones:

-cucumber/tomato/ other masks

-sulphur soap -quite good tested myself

-masks from leaven

-cosmetical spirithus
zacky
qsmith wrote:

well i've heard that some of them.. My grandmother told me before that the chilly sauce which contained of chilly makes your pimple irritates.. she said that it triggers your skin to develop some irritation from your pimples..