FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bourne Ultimatum

snowboardalliance
I haven't seen it yet, so without any spoilers, is it a good conclusion to the series? I'll probably see it this week, but just wondering what others thought of it.
varun_dodla
I myself haven't watched it yet as I'm busy with my new enrollment into graduation....
My seniors who watched the movie over the past weekend said that the movie is good....
They said its not as good as the prequels (as it usually happens with the sequels) but overall it can be given a shot i guess.......
Personally Bourne Identity is the one I like amongst the first two....
snowboardalliance
Well I just saw it now and it's probably my favorite in the series actually. There were so many good parts. Without spoiling the end, I almost didn't like it but it was pretty good, I've heard rumors of a fourth movie, but I'm not sure.
fbcompany
I think the first was the best out of the three.

Supremacy had waaaayy too much camera shake for my liking, it sometimes made it hard to see the action as a result.

Ultimatum was a good way to wrap up the series, I guess if they wanted to milk the franchise a bit more they could do a prequel to find out why Jason became who he is.

Some good fight scenes in Ultimatum too, but there was only really 1 "main" fight in the entire movie (won't spoil it too much with specifics).

Overall I'd give it 7.5/10

The fourth and fifth books are both written and published. The fouth book iss called 'The Bourne Legacy' and the fifth book is called 'The Bourne Betrayal'.

These two are actually written by Eric Van Lustbader, as Robert Ludlum passed away in 2001. I have read 'legacy' and have just started reading 'betrayal', as well as all the Ludlum novels and they are all very good.

Lustbader stays true to the original formula and feel that Ludlum had created. Be warned however that the events which unfold in the books are nothing like what happens in the movies. There are very few similarities.
Klaw 2
the bourne identety is better its new and everything and with the seuels its just sort of the same again luckily its stil good.
Zaini711
I don't know how to rate the latest in the series. I guess the first one always the best as there are lots of element of surprise and you do not know or what Bourne is/are. Now it's just Bourne tying loose end and figuring out where he came from....
snowboardalliance
fbcompany wrote:

The fourth and fifth books are both written and published. The fouth book iss called 'The Bourne Legacy' and the fifth book is called 'The Bourne Betrayal'.

These two are actually written by Eric Van Lustbader, as Robert Ludlum passed away in 2001. I have read 'legacy' and have just started reading 'betrayal', as well as all the Ludlum novels and they are all very good.

Lustbader stays true to the original formula and feel that Ludlum had created. Be warned however that the events which unfold in the books are nothing like what happens in the movies. There are very few similarities.

Well I do enjoy the movies, so I think it would be nice if these two were made into movies, but at the same time, it probably wouldn't be as good as the first.
aningbo
wow... they have books too!!!! i never knew...

i'm looking forward to watch the born ultimatum now that the exams are over... it will be another month b4 i get another exam...
traxion
i already saw the movie and it is realy the 3d en and if u ask me the best of the 3

the character is already known so there is no time wasting in that

the action is everywhere in the real world. so they made the movie in the middle of 1000 of ppl and it looks very real

great movie

i give it a 9/10
Genesiz
I watched the three Bourne movies one after another and i think the first one was probably my favourite. My favourite thing about the Bourne series is that you follow the charatcter as he discovers things, which is different to other movies.

I think a fourth movie would be possible, as there's still stuff for Bourne to discover. Whether the producers decide to do this i don't know.
linangan
Bourne Ultimatum is arguably the best conclusion of the slew of trilogies littering this year's cinemas. Taut, clever without tripping over itself and frighteningly believable, it features a stellar cast that ably supports Matt Damon in what will probably become his signature role.

Paul Greengrass returns to direct Damon as the amnesic super-spy who just wants to be left alone. Right from the opening foot-chase sequence he keeps the action amped up and never lets it flag.

While he does allow for some calm moments these take a disquieting turn as Bourne remembers more and more about who he really is.

Eschewing a steadicam creates an unsettling feeling that you are right in the midst of the action. Between the slightly weaving camera shots and extreme jump-cut editing, that slightly hollow feeling in your stomach does not get a chance to settle.

This is not helped by the brutality of the close-up fight scenes. Your every wince on his behalf is accompanied by a wish to cover your eyes, but you are hooked.

What is most frightening about this story is that is so believable.

The action is adrenaline- fuelled and never stops, the plot-line is effective, close-up fight scenes are brutal and the car chase scenes expertly crafted.

By concentrating on action, plot and spytalk, Greengrass succeeds in making an action film with potential blockbuster written all over it without once resorting to CGI. On the downside, the ending creates the prospect of another sequel, which really is unnecessary.
pudovkin
I didn't knew it was the last of the series.
It is a shame (on me), since I'd never watched none of the previous. Razz
nasif
this one is a good...
Idoru
It's difficult to make a sequel since the idea already is presented. You have to have a good story-line or something
new to add, or you will just end up making a new coat to the first film. In this case it's according to me almost what's
happened. But, I like the story-line, so I still felt it was worth watching Ultimatum. Even if it, in my opinion, is the
lesser one of the three.
Josso
I like them all and I don't think this one was worse than the other two.
rheanna
I want to watch this but I don't want to hear the spoiler
twisthigh
I've seen the two first ones, and I must say Bourne Ultimatum beats all!! It is amazing, simply amazing, so hilarious and so slick, everything Matt Damon does is 100% better than before. I didn't enjoy the first two at all, and this one was a great movie, so I recommend it to everyone!
Coclus
Wow I m kind of excited for this one: The first one is a classic, the second one did not convince me entirely(It starts of nicely but ends really bad), so I hope the 3rd one does a good job again!
scotty
twisthigh wrote:
I've seen the two first ones, and I must say Bourne Ultimatum beats all!! It is amazing, simply amazing, so hilarious and so slick, everything Matt Damon does is 100% better than before. I didn't enjoy the first two at all, and this one was a great movie, so I recommend it to everyone!

I feel much the same way. I couldn't really remember the first two movies that well but this one was a good action movie in its own right! It had an interesting spin on your usual blow up everything movie.
dac_nip
hmm.. is this not a universal cinema release? i' have watched this weeks ago.
bluefossil
I wasn't too impressed with the first one. but I can say they got a better each time. the car chase scene in the second one was great. This one had very good pacing. Fun to watch even though I'm not a fan of the Damon guy.
neosree
I have watched Bourne Ultimatum. I liked it as much as I liked the previous two. This series shows constant increase in movie quality and improvements, compared to some other movie serieses. But if there is going to be a sequel to Bourne Ultimatum, then it must be very very good to make everyone impressed. Otherwise it is good to stop here. I like the ending- cannot think of a better one(believable) by myself.
dude_xyx
I watched it too. All three movies are great. I don't know they are going to end the series becouse he is not dead. There was a little hint that there might be another one, I wonder this will be like James Bond series.
amysanders
Im going to watch it tommorw cant wait now with everyone on here saying how good it is Very Happy
i will let you know more of what i think to it tomorrow once i have seen it.
mattchun
If not Matt Demon plays in it, it could be worse.
amysanders
wow iv now seen the film it was my favourite in the series it was completely awsome, the others slightly draged and was a little boreing to me but this was definitly the best.