FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AS-400 accesible from Internet

ronald.helpdesk
Can anyone of you tell me If I can plug my AS-400 to Internet, use a Public IP, and connect my Mocha Emulator to it, I got tired of digital broadband channels, noise free channels and stuff that never work the way you want they're supossed to.

I really need that info.
ronald.helpdesk
Ok, I'll answer myself, yes, it is posible... I plugged my AS-400 to an ISP who gaved me a public IP, and now I'm able to acces my server from everywhere in the whole world. I had to create a VPN and several user accounts to prevent attacks, but just for inf integrity because as you already know, that damn AS-400 is bullet proof when it comes to virus and ssssss like that.

Thanks anyway dudes....
infinisa
I agree with ronald.helpdesk: It is perfectly possible to access the AS/400 from the Internet, but using a VPN is essential since the AS/400 username and password are sent as clear text. Obviously, you don't want to give your AS/400 a public IP and expose it directly to the Internet. You need a decent firewall, protecting all your local network (inlcuding the AS/400) that supports VPN. The firewall should have the fixed public IP, so as to be accessible from outside.

Good luck!