FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Internet dating

trousersalive
What does everyone think of this? Is internet dating dangerous?, desperate?, an illusion? Would you do it? If so, would you admit it?
Blnd4lyfe
Well..
I've heard both goods and bads towards internet dating.

My father met his now wife of 4 weeks through the internet and so far that has become a blessing on his part. But internet dating can become a big heartbreak for some. You have to always keep in mind people do lie to get what they want, even if that involves hurting another emotionally and sometimes physically. Something like that would probably ruin dating for me for a long while.

As a guy I don't recommend it, seeing as how I get along fine with picking up girls through everyday life. I believe internet dating IS a desperate act to find love and it can be an illusion at times ( don't always get what you are looking for) And would I admit it if I had done internet dating? Yea, I would own up but I wouldn't be proud of it myself.

But this is all based on my opinion so don't entirely take my word for it, hear what others have to say on the subject.

Good Luck "trousersalive" Wink
molif
i don't believe it is that bad, but i have read stories where people got cheated of money, love, virginity and others that i believe it's best to take the best approach. make sure you are not blinded and end up in a trap.
costelino
internet dating is everything but dangerous ... i have a lot of friends maked on dating site !!!
mikkos2000
I have a friend who meets all of her men over the internet and it seems to work for her. I tried it myself last year and it was a total bust. The guys were jerks. I only met two of them and I gave up. I have since found a great guy and am engaged.
molif
some people have good stories, and some have bad ones... sorry mikkos2000 that yours wasn't too good.
pollux1er
It depends of the persons. Some can live distance love, some not.
In my own, i think love is possible despite distance.
Some people knows that and try to abuse of that kind of people.
FroHawK
ok, i personally think that internet dating is pointless. you never know what the person really looks like. you dont know if they are cheating on you are not. and all this other stuff. most of the times guys make new accounts acting like girls to rape kids or something like that
georgekalathil
trousersalive wrote:
What does everyone think of this? Is internet dating dangerous?, desperate?, an illusion? Would you do it? If so, would you admit it?
I dont belive that internet dating is good......
imera
Internet dating has its ups and downs, so nobody can know what will happen. I meet my current boyfriend over the net, and when we meet I was only chatting to make time go since I was bored as hell, and had nothing to do. Of course there are more jerks than good guys, and there was like three guys (included my boyfriend) of all those thirty guys I talked with.
So when somebody meets the right one over the net then they are lucky, I know I am, especially since I wasn’t looking for anyone, just something to make time fly.
loryl
You're asking people on the Internet - those who know and believe in online communities. If you asked people in real life, such as a nomad from Mongolia who has never even seen a computer, you might get a different view.

As for me, I don't believe in it, but that doesn't give me the right to prohibit or discourage others from dating online, does it? As long as it doesn't disturb society, that is.
shwetanshu
i m not in the favor of date which i got from a dating site..... though i would love to make new friends ovr the net
Drawingguy
Somehow, to me, it seems like a second choice. I don't really feel it's the best way out- if you want a relationship, why nost start one with someone you can actually touch, see, and hear? If it's because you lack confidence, then that's no excuse at all, really.
molif
how about if you want to meet a specific type of people? like if you want to date an asian, and you can hardly find asians from where you are? internet might be good to search for that type..
twisthigh
I don't want to judge others, but I personally wouldn't do it. I just don't completely trust who's on the other side of the computer, but we see a lot of shows like Oprah for example that show the public about internet dating or when two people meet online and somehow they become eachother's soulmates and it's like good for them, I guess it does work for some people.
Sadow
Internet dating is nice, but it's hard to find out if the person you're dating is really the person he/she tells you he/she is.
If you have dates on the internet, do it just for the fun of it and don't get too serious.
That's just my two cents on this subject. Wink
wise
Is both good and bad. It depends on people. I dont like it personally
mawfia
I say internet dating is more practical for people that move around alot and who do not want to be limited to the people in their area. This is especially the case for military personnel. If you didnt meet your girlfriend in college or highschool or in your home town then your pretty much stuck. Unless your lucky enough to find someone who will put up with multiple deployements and always being at work. Not to mention the fact the since most military bases are built by the lowest bidder in the cheapest areas of town I dont think anyonw would be in a rush to fall in love with their neighboor.
jmlworld
trousersalive wrote:

Hey, Internet is two-side-sharped sword. One side cuts the evil, and the other side cuts the good things. If we use the nice side, we can get improved by seeking our soul mates from the global window that gathers bot east and west on one spot (on the screen).

I believe, internet dating is prospective and good improve for the new world youth.

Thanks all,
The JMLWorld Cool
molif
most people try the internet because they cannot meet someone out there. it might be bad, because sometimes the bag eggs use the naive ones to their advantage and attack the weak..
trousersalive
molif wrote:
how about if you want to meet a specific type of people? like if you want to date an asian, and you can hardly find asians from where you are? internet might be good to search for that type..

I think you probably have a point here but it still does seem a little bit like cheating the system. Its not entirely different to ordering a mail order bride. Which im pretty sure a lot more people would be against. But having said that, if it is love and long term relationships youre looking for then maybe it is a way to find more compatible people.
Subsonic Sound
A long-term relationship should not be your goal. It's a great strain, and most relationships can't bear it. Just because of that, I'd be VERY reluctant to look for love online. Mind, I'd be fairly reluctant to LOOK for love at all. Most of the time if you look through desperation, what you find is lust.

However... it is one thing to look for love in an odd place, and quite another to find it. I know I've said this before, and at the risk of sounding like a skipping record, if you FIND love, real love, you take hold of it no matter where you find it. It's too rare a thing to let it go lightly.
supjapscrapper
trousersalive wrote:

Wel I'll be honest and say I've tried some times, and got to know some very nice girls, but one lacks time and I had my Master degree and now my PhD before my eyes so I stuck to giirls I see in reality. But's certainly a fun thing and you get the possibility to reach a thousand times more people. internet dating is really great, though I don't think I'll have any time soon for that.
scorpio3
i've met both good and bad guys through the internet same as meeting guys i run into at school, clubs, and bars.
iyepes
unluckyly, I haven't had good experiences with internet dating. Internet is plenty of freaks.... However I can say I've found good friends in Internet, there ares people from other cities who know who I am and share their important things with me.

So, for me, Internet is a very bad place to find a couple, but it's so good to find good friends.
apple
I believe that like life offline....online relationships has pros and cons. One of the major issues as highlight by previous posters is the trust issue. There is no way to really know who you're talking to and if they are who they say they are.

Tho I do not disapprove of online dating, I think a person has to know him/her self and in this case online dating is not for me as I would like to have and maintain some level of face to face communication.

I do have a relative who met her boyfriend online at a chat room and they have been together for 3 years now.

My advice is to be careful...cause just like offline...online persons lie and manipulate and use other. Tho I think its easier to do online.
Bluedoll
Yes! Like anything in this life it could be just as you discribed. What is different about online dating is that is online. If you are happy with something different then you might find it rewarding if not then not.

I am neither ashamed nor delusioned about dating online.
Da Rossa
trousersalive wrote:

It is complicated.
I'm assuming that both in this 'game' are humans, so this shoul be given the same attention that you would give to a 'in person' approach.
Is it dangerous? Of course. How many people have been scammed in such a thing?
Desperate? Maybe, maybe not too much. If you're feeling lonely, then you should look for someone, and the net is a channel for that.
Illusion? I'd say it is in most cases.

However, there are many successful relationships built in the net.
LuXTheReaper
trousersalive wrote:

personally i think its a last ditched attempt. I wouldnt resort to it unless i was somewhat desperate.