FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Quote about India

tempdbs
In the eve of INDEPENDENCE DAY - I am posting this thread.
Note - Please do not annoy this Thread and I donot want to make any kinder any Nation.

Firstly,
Happy Independence to all Indians and for others

A Quote from Albert Einstein -
Quote:
We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.

Some Facts -
    Vinod Dahm - the creator of Pentium chip (needs no introduction as 90% of the today's computers run on it)
    Sabeer Bhatia - the founder and creator of Hotmail (Hotmail is world's No.1 web based email program)
    Arun Netravalli - the president of AT & T-Bell Labs (AT & T-Bell Labs is the creator of program languages such as C, C++, Unix to name a few).

Be Proud to be an INDIAN. I love my INDIA.
tidruG
Happy Independence Day to you, and to every other Indian on this board Smile
India has certainly come a long way in the last decade or so, and hopefully, will continue to rise.
babumuchhala
Happy 60th Independence Day India

In these last 60 years we have come a long way from being a below poverty country to being a power to be reckoned with in the global world, be it with military or economics. India has truly arrived at the Global scene in a big way.

Today the World is looking up to us, let's make us all proud. -Jai Hind
coolclay
Happy Independence day, now if you can get all those Indian customer service call centers to learn better English I'll be happy.
tidruG
Heh, you'll be surprised how many training centres there are for those! Besides, the really bright kids (generally the ones with wits, good english speaking skills, etc) are the ones who get "a real job". Most of the call centre employees are either college students earning part-time or women who want to work single shifts for extra income for the family.
tempdbs
coolclay wrote:
Happy Independence day, now if you can get all those Indian customer service call centers to learn better English I'll be happy.

I donot want to deviate the topic -

But for your information -
In chicago, (if you remember) an INDIAN talked to Americans on september 11th 1983 for many hours. He is none other than Swami Vivekananda.

May be fluency will be not there for Indians... But they are the final justifier(s).
Any how now, as you told the Indians are improving their communications a lot.

@coolclay-
Nice suggestion from you on this 60th Independence day.
teatrodenieve
I have been in India and I found it amazing. But amazing in the good and in the bad things; you should be proud of your country, but try to use that pride to lead it to the place it belogs to and it deserves.

Incredible India
indianinworld
coolclay wrote:

Yes - That is the reason why we are still getting business from across the world - Majority of those nations look for quality than mere labour.

Happy messaging....

Keep Smiling
indianinworld
teatrodenieve wrote:
I have been in India and I found it amazing. But amazing in the good and in the bad things; you should be proud of your country, but try to use that pride to lead it to the place it belogs to and it deserves.

Incredible India

Thank you sir. As a matter of fact, if there is any IN, obviously there will be an OUT.
Billy Hill
coolclay wrote:

I agree, and lets get them to tell the truth about where they are, and give their real names. I find it hard to believe I'm talking to "Fred" from New York.
tidruG
Billy Hill wrote:
coolclay wrote:

I agree, and lets get them to tell the truth about where they are, and give their real names. I find it hard to believe I'm talking to "Fred" from New York.

Maybe if people were less racially discriminative, they would have used their Indian names.

Quote:
Saurabh Jha, a 22-year-old in blue jeans, says a woman phoned from Texas recently and told him that, thanks to outsourcing, "You are getting money, food, shelter. You should be starving."

She berated him for 12 minutes before she finally allowed him to offer advice that promptly fixed her problem: to unplug her computer and plug it back in.

"I was speechless," he says. "She didn't even give me a chance."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/11/17/BUGB3FPGT01.DTL&type=tech

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/987643.cms
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4738804.stm
http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/2937.asp

Oh ****** the call centers. I've had people stop chatting with me in chat rooms when I told them that I was an Indian.