FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Eclipse running on Windows CE or Pocket PC

mike_phi
HI there, I am contemplating on using my Ipaq pcket pc as a sort of mini development environment for Java, just have a few questions.

First of all has anyone done anything of the sort having the JDK running on an Ipaq, if so please give me some pointers and additional info with regard to which os you are using.

second to this if the JDK runs fine on an Ipaq it should be posible to deploy eclipse, any comments or info is also welcome here.

thought I would just get some tips before I start messing around with my Ipaq : )

cheers
mike_phi
Hi all, seeing that Windows CE will only support Java ME, I am not to sure I will be able to run Eclipse on it Sad , my last desperate attempt would be to as if anyone knows of a Java IDE or just a Java browser which will be ably to be deployed/ installed on Windows CE.

basically it would be great if I would just browse exisitng java projects on my Hand held device with similar utilities that eclipse has (i.e. viewing packages, navaigating through the Java source with syntax hilighting etc)

second to this does any know of a tool or utility whic could be used to export a java project to Html this way I would be able to browse through the various source files in html format.

cheers
ThePolemistis
mike_phi wrote:
Hi all, seeing that Windows CE will only support Java ME, I am not to sure I will be able to run Eclipse on it Sad , my last desperate attempt would be to as if anyone knows of a Java IDE or just a Java browser which will be ably to be deployed/ installed on Windows CE.

basically it would be great if I would just browse exisitng java projects on my Hand held device with similar utilities that eclipse has (i.e. viewing packages, navaigating through the Java source with syntax hilighting etc)

second to this does any know of a tool or utility whic could be used to export a java project to Html this way I would be able to browse through the various source files in html format.

cheers

i dont understand why you want to install eclipse on ur pocket pc or any other java IDE on your pcoket pc. isnt the idea to make the programs on eclipse using a normal pc (and through an emulation environment ) and then transfer the program to the pocket pc or directly via nromal pc and pocket pc (through usb, if the IDE allows it)??

As for the view packages idea. I assume that java files are .java and the packages are simply a zipped jar file. Therefore, if you want simply syntax highlighting and stuff like that, then I am sure some simple third party text editor for the pocket pc can offer that, or even u can create it urself in vb.net mobile developer toolkit (if u have windows mobile on pocket pc). The same would go for the source file viewing in html format.