FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is Enjoyment?

imagefree
What is Enjoyment?
What does enjoyment mean to you?

For me, it is when
1) I help someone,
2) i am deep involved in research works.
3) When teacher asks a difficult question in class and all of your friends look upon you expecting a smart answer from you.

Tell about your thinking

Bye
standready
My greatest joy comes from helping others.
Nameless
This is what enjoyment means to me:

dictionary.reference.com wrote:
1. the act of enjoying.

Razz But probably what most often results in this particular act, for me, would be the times when I construct something creative - be it a poem, a story, a simple computer game (etc.)
ankit_jain
For myself enjoyment is when i get happy with my computer programming(php, html, dhtml,css,javascript).I get very enjoyment when doing so.Very Happy

Best Regards
Ankit Smile
ankit_jain
For myself enjoyment is when i get happy with my computer programming(php, html, dhtml,css,javascript).I get very enjoyment when doing so.Very Happy

Best Regards
Ankit Smile
imagefree
ankit_jain wrote:

Best Regards
Ankit Smile

Very Happy Its true for me too.
Aless
Enjoyment comes from something fulfilling...ie, doing something that helps the world be a better place (even if it's just the immediate world around you).

Cheesy, I know.
jharsika
For me enjoyment isn't exactly an action, but the feeling when you do something you...well enjoy! I like to laugh. I enjoy funny things...and having fun with friends.
eggg
Enjoyment is peace, simply peace, and peace can be found in any number of ways.
mapleisland
i think like you its to help someone and when im with my friends XD
missdixy
helping people, touching the lives of people, writing, finishing projects, organization, spending time with my loved ones, music..lots of things
Jack_Hammer
Enjoment,

Hmm this one is hard,
Sex
Weed
Helping others
Doing something constructive
Music, films, art litriture
etc.
Bluedoll
Well, I know when its not. Its when I am in a place I don't want to be. Otherwise, I feel good. I want to celabrate what I am doing because I simply am where i am because I want to be. I enjoy.

Learning, teaching, helping people yes, living the dream and just going for it. That is what I really find so pleasant.
friuser
Enjoyment is -

A friendly smile
A kind voice
The company of good people.

I'm a people person but at times I don't mind some peace and quiet but than that's just because there is much noise in the city though so I enjoy a good long walk with good sneakers.
tidruG
Some of you all seem to have mistaken enjoyment with happiness or contentment, in my opinion.
I generally associate enjoyment with an activity which I... enjoy. (Damn, can't think of a synonym for enjoyment! Razz)
I enjoy:
1. listening to music, especially if I have good earphones, and nobody else is bugging me
2. thinking up things to put on my forever under-construction website Razz
3. banning people .... (just kidding)
4. being on the staff at frihost, and coming up with ways to make it better .... (totally not kidding)
5. being alive, sometimes... especially when something good happens
6. holidays! Any day I don't have to go to college is a great day!
7. ((certain stuff that I'd rather not mention here))
8. making people smile/laugh... come to think of it, this should have been number 1 on my list!
9. making lists without using the "list" tags
10. writing... I definitely tremendously enjoy writing, especially when struck with a sudden bolt of inspiration.
windrei
from your topic, i thought you are talking something philosophically.....

haha, ok.. my enjoyment, not in order :

1. Helping people, no matter what kind of helping.
2. Making delicious food and deserts, and let my friends and my love have it.
3. Dance in dance room, in theatres.
4. Hugging my love, the feeling is so warm.
5. Looking at my love, which i like doing mostly.
6. Playing music openly, the feeling is so good.
7. going to some no-men places, just my love and me.

that's all i can think of now. There may be more.
tefa_taftaf2010
nice question

to me the enjoyment is

1- helping the others
2- do some thing that i didn't do it before
3- make any one happy Embarassed
mrimp
making people laugh and doing constructive things with my days, like drawing
ReubenWilliams
Aless wrote:
Enjoyment comes from something fulfilling...ie, doing something that helps the world be a better place (even if it's just the immediate world around you).

Cheesy, I know.

if I was asked what produces satisfaction then my answer would be close to this.

However I feel that enjoyment is more about relaxing and letting go of any cares and anxities. I think we can enjoy everything if we are in the right frame of mind. Seeing the beauty and wonder of the world we live in. Even cheesier probably but the world is a wonderfull place, anyone who seeks to tell you otherwise is stunted in their vision. Today I enjoyed watching rain drops fall, they glistened when they splatered on the concrete.
kerryworkman
tidruG wrote:
3. banning people .... (just kidding)
7. ((certain stuff that I'd rather not mention here))

Lol ..... #3 is hilarious even though we all know that you aren't really kidding(jk). If I could ban people, I don't think I would ever leave the house Very Happy. Until, I banned everyone, thus gaining control of frihost, and then eventually the world .... MUAHAHAHAHAHA (sinister laugh).

As far as the question of enjoyment aside from this post, I think most of my answers would have to fall into the same category as your #7 ..... the unmentionables, they rock! Very Happy
tidruG
"the unmentionables", that's a nice way to put it.

Ok, here's a question.
How many of you feel that enjoyment is more about a combination of happiness and fun?
Generally, here I've noticed most people say they enjoy doing things that make others happy, or things that make you happy. Doesn't fun form a big part of enjoyment, generally?
shwetanshu
for me its wen i help other, n wen i m outside the home n having a good time with my family n frnds
biljap
For me it is when I help somebody, when I see my project developing even better than I expected, when I spend time with the people I love, sometimes it’s the time I have only for myself to relax and stop thinking of any problems.
nilsmo
One thing that I really enjoy is being asked a problem and thinking it out as fast as I can. (For example, arithmetic is really enjoyable: "What's 42 X 78?" "Umm.... It's 3 .. 2.. 76." Aaaah.. What a good feeling)
tidruG
Did you really solve that multiplication ( 42 * 78 ) mentally?
Hunterseaker
imagefree wrote:
What is Enjoyment?
What does enjoyment mean to you?

For me, it is when
1) I help someone,
2) i am deep involved in research works.
3) When teacher asks a difficult question in class and all of your friends look upon you expecting a smart answer from you.

Tell about your thinking

Bye

enjoyment is for me:
relax and have fun with friends.
and yes it feels good when you can help other people or when you solved some hard problem, when you succeeded in doing something hard etc.
I think everybody get enjoyment when they do something good, or when they help other people with success.
skygaia
Hm....
Enjoyment is kind of feeling with satisfaction.
iamarun
I enjoy when i meet my friends for a chat and make some fun together which do not hurt any one. I believe when we spend time with friends the real enjoyment is only when the both parties are happy but not just only one having fun and the other is not.
windrei
Enjoyment... is it different from happiness ??!?

to me, dancing without thinking anything is the best enjoyment to me. Just listen to the music and the body moves around, no matter on stage, or in dance room. It's a very good feeling.

and i also enjoy the time to be with my love~~ even just sitting together without a word.
fracko
Food, games, spending time with my family, and my friends.
indianinworld
LOVE

Give More - Expect Less

Do Good....

One will understand Enjoyment, if the above is followed
endless
1 listening to music.
2 cutting in my fingers
thomas02
Enjoyment is being with my children. Can't imagine life without them.
Zombie
Enjoyment is the sense of accomplishment you get when you finish a project worthwhile. It's the feeling you get when you are surrounded by people who care about you. Enjoyment has many descriptions, listing them all is pointless and time consuming... so shutup, I dont want to talk about this anymore, Im gonna go play WoW