FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Total Waste of Money

bluffmango
Name any Games that were a total waste of money...
So in this way u ll help others,not to be disappointed coz u were..
Loghete
I bought this game called Tread Marks for £2 while in England, but my computer was too good for it.
dcfive65ive
Tom Clancy's - RainbowSIX Vegas

graphics sucks and it laggs alot. It was a waste of 70 bucks...
PseudoKnight
I'm assuming you're talking about the PC version? Ya, it requires a quite beefy system and then still runs poorly. However, if it ran smoothly it'd be a great game. That's why the 360 version is successful.
mjohnson
not only money but also time ,even the life
gibbo
Loghete wrote:
I bought this game called Tread Marks for £2 while in England, but my computer was too good for it.

Any game for £2 wont be much of a bundle of joy. but i know what you mean my laptop is to good to play GTA 1 lol.
hlavco
LA Rush and Cruisin' Exotica. Both completely killed their respective great series. They're coming out with a new Cruisin' game... I just hope it's more like USA and World, and less like Exotica.
catscratches
Need For Speed - Road Challenge, extremely dull and yeah... DULL!
Sparda
The game I wasted money for is for the Xbox. It's an old game now a days. The game is called:

Army Men Sarge's War

You just start off as this little green dude with some red laser and you press a button to fire. (shooting is
left to right) You can't fire anywheres else. I hate the game view. So make sure you don't get this one.
achowles
gibbo wrote:
Loghete wrote:

Any game for £2 wont be much of a bundle of joy. but i know what you mean my laptop is to good to play GTA 1 lol.

I got Neverwinter Nights for £2 inc postage from Gameplay.co.uk. You can't say that's not a good game. Very Happy
Keran
I got really dissapointed on Two Worlds, which was suppouse to be an "Oblivion-killer", it turned out to be a really bad and bugged game...
Also to be honest I kinda regret buying guild wars, 'cause I never liked that game, even if it's free... The game seemed so... Asian... I wished I'd bought WoW instead ;p
Afaceinthematrix
Sparda wrote:
The game I wasted money for is for the Xbox. It's an old game now a days. The game is called:

Army Men Sarge's War

You just start off as this little green dude with some red laser and you press a button to fire. (shooting is
left to right) You can't fire anywheres else. I hate the game view. So make sure you don't get this one.

Is that like the one for N64? That is one of the best third person shooters ever! It's so much fun. I played it for hours and beat it!
Kelcey
As of late... and I hope I don't offend anyone:

Zelda Twilight Princess (OoT was one of my favorite games ever)
Final Fantasy 12 (I love most final fantasies)
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter (crap)
Odin Sphere (beautiful but lame)
Octaeder
Sniper Elite...

Seeing as I usually like sniping sections on most games I thought this would be perfect for me. Instead, something about the execution just turned me off. For a start, for some reason you barely ever seem to be able to get up high, you spend most of your time just crawling along the floor. It's so painstakingly slow as well... Probably the point, its a stealth game after all, but sometimes its worth sacrificing a bit of realism for a game that's fun to play.
Sparda
Quote:
Is that like the one for N64? That is one of the best third person shooters ever! It's so much fun. I played it for hours and beat it!

I liked the N64 one, but this one is just Ugh.. The N64 was one of my favorite N64 games.
Teddy1
One of the worst games i ever bought was probably Oni the control system was just crap lol this is the PC version i am talking about.
Arnie
I got Rollcage for the equivalent of 2 pounds (5 euros) and it's the best game I've ever played.
Marzh
The worst game I ever got was corvette lol, yeah I know it wasn't going to be good but my dad wanted it for his birthday.
jipmerite
I bought some Harry Potter game for the PC. It was very pathetic and childish. I guess it was made for a younger age group. But still a waste of money for me... I guess I should have checked out some reviews before buying it.
ThornsOfSorrow
Although it wasn't a total waste of money, I recently bought "Shadow of the Colossus" for PS2, and I was very disappointed with it. I thought it would be a good game because it seemed original and well-executed, not to mention that the front cover boasted that it was the "adventure game of the year". However, it's just the same thing over and over again. You ride around on a horse in order to fight sixteen (I think) huge monsters, and that's it. I only fought the first eight or nine, and then I put the game away because I was bored with it. Luckily I only paid $20 for it, which made it okay, but I would've been very upset if I paid any more for it. To sum things up, it's a good game to rent, but not to buy.
wabik90
Smile I buy games sometimes only and I try to chose only good games(I read about game first) so I don't remember if i wasted my money...
gtherockgod
I picked up Condemned (launch title for the 360) a few weeks ago...figured i couldn't go wronng for 20 bucks. GOD DAMN was i wrong, i am not having any fun with that game.
Emmer-Compascuum
Zoo Tycoon (the first one) is the last game I bought. It looked pretty nice when I saw it in a review on tv. The gameplay was repetitive though. Every level is practically the same and the animals do the same things over and over again. Trying to keep the animals happy is fun in the beginning, but after a while it gets annoying. It has some funny stuff, but overall, the game wasn't worth my €35,-.
tsj-rid3
Bloodwake -- boating game
Packfan104L4
Emmer-Compascuum wrote:
Zoo Tycoon (the first one) is the last game I bought. It looked pretty nice when I saw it in a review on tv. The gameplay was repetitive though. Every level is practically the same and the animals do the same things over and over again. Trying to keep the animals happy is fun in the beginning, but after a while it gets annoying. It has some funny stuff, but overall, the game wasn't worth my €35,-.

Tycoon games you either like or you don't. EVERY tycoon game is repetitive.
Emmer-Compascuum
Packfan104L4 wrote:
Tycoon games you either like or you don't. EVERY tycoon game is repetitive.

While it might be true that Tycoon games may be repetitive, for me they aren't.
Zoo Tycoon is pretty much an exception. Rollercoaster Tycoon for example, I liked that one very much and even after two years I still found it enjoying to play (after that it still was and still is enjoyable to play, but it's just that there are more enjoyable things to do Rolling Eyes).
amicalindia
LA rush, fifa sucks also the tycoon games. Wont purchase a game again before playing it on somebody's system first. I guess fifa is gud game on playstation/ xbox but on my pc its pathetic.
FroHawK
hmmm... i think i wasted my money on was some ps2 game where you could customize a tank with wings, jets, better cannon, and all that. Turned out to be a horrible game.
Pikokola
well... Ragnarok Online - Lol
I think i've spent more than 2000bucks for this game... it's already 4 years I'm playing this game.. but don't know.. why did I still caught in this game ^^

yeah.. a waste of life too.. but... who knows..
Byakuya_Kuchiki
My vote goes for Fable as a total waste of money. The way your character plays out in game from being a boy doing good or bad deeds, then seeing how it plays out to your characters development later is really interesting but there isn't much in between good/evil. You play through once as good, then once as evil, and that's just about all there is. Unless you just want to see what your character looks like, this game doesn't offer much, and it is quite short, and I mean, short. I thought maybe I was halfway through the game at most and BAM! I was done with it. Even the extended missions you get with the PC version doesn't offer much. It's fun, but I payed 30$ for it and I finished it in 2 sittings.
EanofAthenasPrime
Alright, I went to block buster and rented Delta Force: Black Hawk Down

After 2 hours of playing I had to return it I was so bored

Thankfully the pple at Blockbuster were cool they let me trade it for Ghost Recon 2, which was a good game. Ghost Recon 2 wasn't insanely good but it was good.

In my opinion Zelda Ocanara of Time is a weird game...I couldn't find the 4$ n64 version so I had to buy the 40$ Gamecube version, the targeting is so so the music is meh midi but the storyline gets better and better the more you play, and the AI is terrible, but somehow it is hailed as a "Perfect Game"...maybe because there are many puzzles in the game, or just the gamecube port sucks. I do like the game but as a game it is not "Perfect"...although it is quite an artistic masterpiece though.

I have teh Fable CD for XBOX and...well...lame. The gfx are good (not the resolution), but my main problem is that you start out with some lame "chicken chaser" outfit and the plot quickly disentigrates as you can change between good and evil like a joke, whenever you feel like. This destroys any glimpse of meaning you thought the game would have initially.

I played Runescape for 10 minutes and I was bored to tears...

The FIFA for n64 was extremely good for the 20 minutes I played (and won) against a friend...

Tycoon games are a waste of life force energy...

First Person Shooters are really fun but they get boring after you play them all day every day for a week

Third Person Shooters are ok but many are crap, mainly because of crappy targeting, I haven't played very many, Max Payne ones are reallly good, James Bond ones are ok...

Racing games can be good but like FPSes get boring

Strategy/RPG games are complicated and take a lot of time

thats about all the commerical PC game types...
mynameis
ok i'm just going to list them

Fable - good or bad deeds just sucks
TC rainbow 6 vegas - boring and and a waste of time. multiplayer sucks
X3 reunion Never really heard of the game I fought it was a some sort of build ur own space colony game
manslayer111
Battlefield 2142.

Battlefield 1942 was the best, Battlefield 2 was pretty good, but 2142 was a waste of money to me.
spykE
Byakuya_Kuchiki wrote:
My vote goes for Fable as a total waste of money. The way your character plays out in game from being a boy doing good or bad deeds, then seeing how it plays out to your characters development later is really interesting but there isn't much in between good/evil. You play through once as good, then once as evil, and that's just about all there is. Unless you just want to see what your character looks like, this game doesn't offer much, and it is quite short, and I mean, short. I thought maybe I was halfway through the game at most and BAM! I was done with it. Even the extended missions you get with the PC version doesn't offer much. It's fun, but I payed 30$ for it and I finished it in 2 sittings.

Dude, Fable was awesome, great experience, it might have been short but I wouldnt have called it a waste of money and certainly not for 30 bucks.
sanalskumar
I think all the games place some age limits for playing that game. May be because others may think it childish or rubbish. I'm not saying that there are no bad games that suck both money and time. But its to be noted that first if you want to buy a game, first try to have a look at the game requirements and the previes of that game. This will save half of the chance to make mistakes. I'm saying this because I saw many people are disturbed because of buying bad games. By the word 'Bad' I mean, bad by performance, bugs, no value for the gamer's money etc.
Then if we look at games on the above criteria, I will include Penumbra,Halo 2,Simcity, etc. etc. the list is never ending, i will say. I repeat, This is only my point of view.
allhopedeleted
jak 2, bought it due to hype but i didnt think of it as that good

sonic heroes, complete waste of money dont buy it
askurmum
Tom clancys splinter cell vegas.... soo boring and i spent £45 to get it and the multiplayer sucks too people never go for the tactitcal or steath style of play just run about free for all
sanalskumar
Is there no source available for you to get some nice games in rental???
Dwyer17
Rainbow Six Vegas is awesome, doesn't lag, and has awesome graphics. Someone said on here that it sucks and has terrible graphics. Maybe your computer sucks.

Anyways.

Terrible games:
TV Giant
Game Tycoon
Runescape for sure
Villagers 2
CivCity Rome (it's repetitive)
Bus Driver (yeah... it's not fun.)
Teddy1
EanofAthenasPrime wrote:
Alright, I went to block buster and rented Delta Force: Black Hawk Down

After 2 hours of playing I had to return it I was so bored

You played this as single player ? cause it rocks online especially if you're on Ventrilo or TeamSpeak.
I don't like it on single player i think it's boring as hell but it's great fun playing online as there are more players, you can choose from Gunner, CQB or sniper (my favorite Twisted Evil hehehe) There are also custom maps which can be a nice change of scenery, the texture graphics aren't too bad. Water graphics are pretty awesome but don't match the rest of the textures. But i would certainly say this game doesn't suck. It can be very fun if you play with people you know. But yeah not everyone likes the same game it depends on what is your favorite type of game in many aspects.
sanalskumar
Some says Halo 3 is a total wastage of money and some says its very difficult to play. Is it that its a total wastage of money because it is very difficult to play? I like Halo. And I like Difficult games.
David_Pardy
Hmmm,
Just to stick my 2 cents in - SOME Tycoon games are boring and repetitive. Others, like Rollercoaster Tycoon, Locomotion and Transport Tycoon Deluxe (yes, I have been a Chris Sawyer fan since 1996) continually push you to do something and make something out of the game. The original Theme Hospital was also a lot of fun, and the humour certainly helped to encourage you to keep playing through the game.

Zoo Tycoon is INCREDIBLY boring. I've never played more than one level of it.
David_Pardy
Sorry, forgot to add my waste of money list:

World of Warcraft (I finally realised several months ago how pointless playing WoW is)

Hitman (I actually got it for free with my sound card, but I didn't enjoy playing it at all.)

Tomb Raider something something (Again, free with video card, too difficult to control Miss Croft)

I know there's more but I can't think of any at the moment.
DSGamer3002
I highly suggest that nobody buys any of the following games for the Wii:

WiiPlay
Elebits
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Super Monkey Ball
Warioware Smooth Moves

Why? Because you play them for a week and then after that they're extremely boring. I could have saved about $250 right there. Sad
rolie
A couple PC games I actually bought but wern't worth it. Splinter Cell: Double Agent was a huge waste.
This is the one that really dissapointed me and made me stop buying any ubisoft games. NHL08 was exactly the same as NHL 05. The internet is kinda of killing the PC gaming. People actually have harsh opinions and that destroys their reputation easier.
applejunk
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
Although it wasn't a total waste of money, I recently bought "Shadow of the Colossus" for PS2, and I was very disappointed with it. I thought it would be a good game because it seemed original and well-executed, not to mention that the front cover boasted that it was the "adventure game of the year". However, it's just the same thing over and over again. You ride around on a horse in order to fight sixteen (I think) huge monsters, and that's it. I only fought the first eight or nine, and then I put the game away because I was bored with it. Luckily I only paid $20 for it, which made it okay, but I would've been very upset if I paid any more for it. To sum things up, it's a good game to rent, but not to buy.

wait, is that the game from the movie Reign Over Me with Adam Sandler?? While I was watching the movie I was thinking wow, what horrible graphics the whole time hahaha but my friend said it was pretty fun so I dunno =P
DarkCovenant
Heh, I dont buy games if theyre going to be a waste of money, so i think ive only had one and thats not really a waste, just a waste of time gamewise- FFX-2, just.. lol well that game pretty much doesnt need descrption, it is what it is, and i wasted money on it in the sense that its the least favorite game in my collection of games haha.
rappn
Gamename: Sφldner - Secret Wars
Genre: Action, Shooting
Company: JoWood
Pictures:http://soldner.jowood.com/?RubrikIdentifier=729&lang=en
Slogan: Together we stand divided we fall!

My story:
When i was in a shop in Gothenburg, in a store, i checked the gamingpart of the store, and found a game that i thought looked awesome, so i bought it because it just cost 200 Sek (Around 22 dollars or something)!
When i came home, the first thing i did was to install it, i costumed my soldier, and then the game began, for some minutes it was awesome, until i totaly started to hate it because the feeling in the game was nowhere to be found! Evil or Very Mad
It was like they never cared of the gamefeeling in the game!
But, i contiued playing for a while and the missions was hard for me, then.. (I was 10-11 years old i think), and my english wasnt the greatest!
End of my story!

Im thinking of maybe install it again, you can play multiplayer! Very Happy

Over and out

//rApp
sanalskumar
David_Pardy wrote:
Sorry, forgot to add my waste of money list:

World of Warcraft (I finally realised several months ago how pointless playing WoW is)

Hitman (I actually got it for free with my sound card, but I didn't enjoy playing it at all.)

Tomb Raider something something (Again, free with video card, too difficult to control Miss Croft)

I know there's more but I can't think of any at the moment.

Hey Hitman is a tough game... But I like it, It posses all the features of a nice game. Why did you told hitman is a total wastage of money...??