FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

click here 2 upload more.

dinael
When people upload something there is always link that says: Click here to go back

What would be very useful is link to continue uploading: Click here to continue uploading.

This isn't so hard to make and since I almost always forget something, so it would really help me,
and others as well. It is annoying when you have 2 go to page where all those files are stored and start again, and upload more files is so annoying sometimes cause it takes some time to load, and in my case
sometimes doesn't load at all.

please help us by placing that simple function on page.
mathiaus
Are you talking about Direct Admin? If so its not going to happen because the source can't be changed. Suggest it over at the Direct Admin forums where they can do something about it.
The_Gamer294
Booba
dinael wrote:
When people upload something there is always link that says: Click here to go back

What would be very useful is link to continue uploading: [b]Click here to continue uploading.

Sounds like a BRILLIANT idea, I hate when I need to go back myself when I have a lot to upload Sad
dwikristianto
dinael wrote:

What would be very useful is link to continue uploading: Click here to continue uploading.

This isn't so hard to make and since I almost always forget something, so it would really help me,
and others as well. It is annoying when you have 2 go to page where all those files are stored and start again, and upload more files is so annoying sometimes cause it takes some time to load, and in my case
sometimes doesn't load at all.

please help us by placing that simple function on page.

if u talking about a webpage, u can use iframe file uploader (like ajax).
cpanel 11 and gmail have similar functionality.
simplyw00x
Just use a web-based FTP program if you really can't stomach a real one. As stated, Bondings doesn't have time (or maybe even opportunity) to modify DA or cPanel.
mOrpheuS
Modifying DirectAdmin code/features is neither trivial, nor does it serve any purpose.

Any subsequent DirectAdmin update or release (which are auto-applied) will overwrite any such change.
rvec
Confused i have a upload even more files button.
Why not use that?
Bockman
Just another suggestion.

If you do not have the chance to use FTP (and even if you do) you should always upload compressed files when you are handling lot's of files to upload. You are probably uploading full diretories or lot's of fies into the same directory aren't you?

You should compress them into a single file (making it harder to forget one file, i guess, since you can examine the file after making it) and afterwards upload it and decompress it through DA.

For this to work you can't use ZIP files, you need tar.gz files. You can create them using 7Zip (free tool you can find at www.7Zip.org ).
taytay
If you need to upload a lot of files you Can use the "add more files" button and enter in about how many more upload fields you'll need. Though when dealing with so many files FTP is reasonably faster. you don't even need an FTP program to use FTP(if you have windows 98 OS or higher. thats all I'm familiar with).

Just open any folder. Even go to your My Documents folder or My Computer. For the basic user you might need to customize your folder to show the Address bar (see image below)

After you have that you just type in the FTP URL of your site, provide the proper Username and Password, and you can drag and drop files in and out of the folder. It's quite handy really Wink

As Bockman suggested above about compressed files, that is also a Very handy method for uploading many files at one time.