FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Shinawatra and Man City

nappa
Well, I'm from Thailand and the guy was my former prime minister. However what do you guys think about he buying up Man City.

1. Do you think he can raise up the position of Man City in the league?
2. Do you think he's a fraud?
2. Do you think he's ****** know how to run a football club?

Cheers....
_AVG_
I think, considering the amount of money spent on transfers ... Petrov, Bojinov, etc. Manchester City have to at least qualify for the UEFA Cup. I mean, they could be a Dark Horse this season ...
poly
Never heard about the whole thing..
nappa
poly wrote:
Never heard about the whole thing..

where have you been?
truespeed
Man City have been a struggling team for nearly 30 years,by struggling i mean we havent really won anything,last thing we won was the league cup back in 1976,a year later we narrowly missed out on the title to Liverpool,but ever since then ,apart from an FA cup final appearence in 1981 (losing out to spurs) City have been an up and down team,once even going as low as the third tier of English football.

Shinawatra is the first person to make any serious investment in the club in a long time,so hopefully with his money and erriksons mangerial experience, things could be looking up,nobody expects us to win the league this year,or even qualify for europe,but as long as this year is a step in the right direction,who knows maybe in a couple of years time,City could be challenging the likes of Chelsea and Man utd.
Ucbet
nappa wrote:
Well, I'm from Thailand and the guy was my former prime minister. However what do you guys think about he buying up Man City.

1. Do you think he can raise up the position of Man City in the league?
2. Do you think he's a fraud?
2. Do you think he's ****** know how to run a football club?

Cheers....

1. Yes he can.

2. Maybe

3. You don't have to be a football expert to run a football club. Thats what you hire staffs for Wink
pieman
I think it's some very dodgy business - but Man City fans must be happy right now. Their team is top of the league, 3 wins out of 3, no goals conceded. They've made some really good signings. I think Elano and Geovanni will be great signings for them.

They've also got Micah Richards, one of the brightest young England defenders for ages, and Peter Schmeichel's son Kasper in goal. The only problem is the manager :p Actually, I think Sven will do really well at Man City. He didn't have the best of times in the England set up, but I believe he is much better off as a club rather than national team manager.

Things are looking up for Man City, and I can see them making the UEFA Cup spots (but no higher) this season. It could all come crashing down around them in two or three years though when Thaksin gets bored... City fans beware!
nappa
Yeah buying up a football team is just his hobby. And he can be bored. However congrats to Man City, I've never thought they can ever be at the top of the table.
_AVG_
Wow, Man City looked really good against their rivals Man Utd. They're in top form. Their keeper Kaspar has not yet conceeded this season. Eriksson's done well ...
aster
there are so many foreign boss fo the FC now , so don't worry about it.

and you can found they have improved there compesitons now, like westharm, Aston villa.

and Man city have get 3 straight vitories!
_AVG_
Man City's run is over. Even though they lost though, they played really well. Their keeper saved a penalty but couldn't keep Fabregas's shot out. He even tried to score back! Man City are surely going in for Europe this season.