FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

the Dev Network - IT and Developer Community - 801+ Threads

Ratman2050
Welcome to the Dev Network, my newest project. Below are some details to get you familiar with our site.

Homepage:

Our Homepage consists of the Dev Network's recent news. You can also view our RSS feeds, MyBlogLog community, and Stumble us.

Community:

The community is still under development, but it will be a large developer social community. You can list your websites, join communities, and tag others.

Forums:

The Developer and IT Forums consist of many resourceful categories. Software Development, Web Development, Game Development, IT Development, Marketplace with our very own Social Bookmark exchange Forum!. We also have a Lobby for those just hanging out. Each and everyone one of our Developer forums are intricately named and precisely configured, you can find each topic there.

Interviews:

We have here exclusive interviews from different professional developers including bloggers, gamers, webmasters, software engineers, IT professionals, marketers, SEO experts, Directory owners, and affiliates.

Articles:

The Articles or Blog section of the site consists of useful articles or resources related to development. Be sure to check it out, it will help.

Reviews (Awards):

The Reviews or Awards section is still under development. Basically we have categories of websites including blog guides, social networking, business, development, etc. and we rank the Top 3 sites and give them awards based on different nominations.

That is just a short introduction, for more visit the site yourself. Within a month of development we reached 1800+ posts 800+ threads, with 71 members, and over 300 uniques daily. Check out the Dev Network and register for more benefits!
GB
I was reading through your site description and was thinking "blah, blah, blah, looks like every other combination blog/forum site out there" when I came across the interview section. That is an interesting twist I haven't seen much of. Sounds like a great idea. When I went to your site, though, it didn't have a button. I did find it in the left hand navigation links, which was good. I liked it, but I also would like to see more. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough, but I didn't see any links to archived interviews or anything like that.

Keep up the good work.
munkey_boy
Cool I'm gonna go ahead and sign up. Very Happy
benjad
The sites design overall it complete, yet a little blah at the moment.

The only concern I have is that you have cast a VERY wide net. A lot of times, sites that promise to be everything to everyone fall flat, because they are not good at one thing. I think your site can work, especially the way you have it established.
the6thfactor
benjad wrote:
The sites design overall it complete, yet a little blah at the moment.

The only concern I have is that you have cast a VERY wide net. A lot of times, sites that promise to be everything to everyone fall flat, because they are not good at one thing. I think your site can work, especially the way you have it established.

Agreed. I think you can really make this happen. And also as noted above, the interviews section really is a nice addition there that makes you stand out from the million other dev/code communities. Looks very promising Smile
j14fusion14
I think you did a good job it looks nice.
Ratman2050
Thanks if you check now you can see we have a lot of activity. We have 59 members, 501 threads, and 995 posts. I noticed you guys like the interview sections, I can do interviews once in a while when time allows, I might just do people from here as well.

And I know you guys think that covering web/game/software is tricky, but I think I will be able to do it, since this is one of the only forums that has all three of those topics combined.

About the design, for now that will do, but later on I will hire a designer to make a Web 2.0 style look.

Also complementing the interviews we have the blog section as well, which I will post useful Developer articles when I can.

thanks for the reviews I hope you guys register!