FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Marching Band Season is Here

Does/Did your highschool marching band compete, or not?
Yes We Compete
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
No We Do Not Compete
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No We Do Not Have a Marching Band
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Bump_on_a_Log08
My high school started band camp Monday of last week, we have camp for two weeks before school starts Monday - Friday from 8 am to about 11:30 am, about 1:15 pm to 4:30 pm, and 6 pm to 9 pm. After school starts we have practice after school every day except Wednesdays and Fridays until the end of the season. Our band is probably much better in comparison to our football team, and I would not be surprised if more people come to football games to see the band than the football team get beaten.

Anyways...This topic is to communicate between all of us who have been in or are currently in a marching band.

Info about our band:

Band Name: Cape Central Marching Tigers
School: Cape Central Senior High School (or Cape Girardeau Senior High School, depending on who you talk to)
Competing Band: Yes
Your Instrument: Trumpet
Chair Number: 2nd
Show Title/Theme: Western
Music Selections: The Magnificent Seven, Billy the Kid, Silverado
Competitions Attending: Mozingo Drumline (Drumline Only); Murphysboro, IL; Farmington, MO; Washington, MO; Potosi, MO; Greater St. Louis
Last Year's Title/Theme: Shostakovich
Last Year's Music Selections: "Fanfare", Ballad of the Gadfly, "Drumbreak", Moscow-Cheryomushki Waltz, Austrians from the Gadfly
Last Year's Results: Murphysboro: 2nd; Farmington: 2nd; Washington: 4th; Potosi: 3rd; St. Louis: 2nd
Title/Theme from 2 years ago: Slaughter on Tenth Avenue
Music Selections from two years ago: ???????????????
Results from 2 years ago: Farmington: 1st; Park Hills (MO): 5th; Washington: 1st; Francis Howell (MO): 2nd; St. Louis: 3rd

Please if you post and have been or are part of a marching band give us some info similar in format to what I listed for our band.
sondosia
Hey! We just had band camp last week...8 AM to 11 PM every day. Very Happy

Band Name: Beavercreek High School Marching Band
School: BHS
Competing Band: Yes
Your Instrument: Flute
Chair Number: don't have them yet
Show Title/Theme: Led Zeppelin
Music Selections: Good Times Bad Times, The Ocean, Heartbreaker, Black Dog, Rock and Roll, Achilles Last Stand, Stairway to Heaven
Competitions Attending: Festival of Bands at Ohio University, OH; Norwin Band Contest in Pittsburgh, PA; Kenowa Hills Contest in Grand Rapids, MI; The Ohio State University Band Contest in Columbus, OH; Kettering Band Contest in Dayton, OH; Colerain Band Contest in Cincinatti, OH; Centerville Band Contest in Dayton, OH; OMEA State Championships in Dayton, OH.
Last Year's Title/Theme: U2
Last Year's Music Selections: Vertigo, New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, One, Beautiful Day
Title/Theme from 2 years ago: The Beatles
applejunk
aww...I miss marching band Sad Our high school is pretty good, but I heard music education in Texas is a lot better than any other state. Do you guys compete on a national level? We just got a new band director and he's very BOA oriented, so I'm guessing that our high school will be competing on a national level pretty soon. We're a 5A band, and we've placed pretty well in state finals the last couple years. Last year, we placed 9th in state, and I think 5 years before we placed 3rd. But for all the other competitions we participate in we always place 1st, it's so weird lol. Have you heard of Duncanville, Berkner, or LD Bell?

Anyways, I wish you guys all the best of luck this year ^^
Bump_on_a_Log08
no we don't compete nationally, we are a DCI style marching band, an really I don't like the whole concept of the BOA bands. Mainly, they tend to use tons of props and have like new uniforms every year. First of all our high school here in Missouri doesn't have enough money to do stuff like that and those extras tend to make the show become something more like a dramatic play/musical instead of a standard marching band performance. They become less about playing music and marching at the same time in cool formations and more about performing. I mean it is a good concept but I think it should be called something else than marching band. And I'm not saying anything bad about the performers or anything like that, I just like the DCI style better. Our band has been (semi-)famous for our roll-stepping and I hope we can remain that way. Our band also always gets the "Most Tickets Sold" Award at the Greater St. Louis Competition--except for last year. I have lost count of how many drum major podiums we have won in the past years.

Hey, thanks for the support. I would also like to say good luck to all of us this year. Let us make this an amazing marching band season across the country (and possibly more?).

Be like the Cavaliers and Blue Devils.