FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Rate
5.1 to 6.0
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
6.1 to 7.0
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
7.1 to 8.0
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
8.1 to 9.0
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
9.1 to 10.0
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

tempdbs
Hi All,

Now Haary movie going to be released in this month (JULY 15th - World-wide and JULY 13th - US) and the story line of this movie as follows -

Quote:
Harry Potter verlebt a long, solitary summer before it returns to its fifth education year at the Hogwarts-school for witchcraft and magic. That it must endure as always in the hateful Dursleys, is already bad enough. But it heard also generally nothing of its classes comrades and close friends Ron Weasley and here mine Granger. No one reported herself after its confrontation with the evil lord Voldemort with it. Harry receives to be sure a letter, but that contains the opposite of that what it had hoped: One announces it that it is reprimanded by Hogwarts, because it used its magic powers prohibited manner outside of the school – and that also yet in present of a Muggels, namely its insupportable cousin Dudley. It seems to play at the same time no role that Harry only defended itself in this case, when it became deny attacked without warning and inexplicable manner of two.

Harry only can hope that one allows it a justification – yet the official hearing developed more and more to one of the magic minister Cornelius Fudge produced show process, for that has personal reasons why he finally wants to get rid of the young magic. Very annoyed Fudge must take then to be sure to the knowledge that Harry is absolved by the reproaches – above all because director Albus Dumbledore in the right moment intervenes. Nevertheless worries Harry – for the first time feels it unwell when it returns after Hogwarts. For it grasps that student and teacher are of the opinion predominantly, Harry unambiguously had put with regard to its discussion with Voldemort – its integrity is disputed.

Meanwhile Fudge called a new instructor for the specialty defense against the dark arts: the hypocritical professor Dolores Umbridge. With its aid, it wants to retain Dumbledore in mind and better wants to supervise the Hogwarts-students – above all naturally Harry. Yet that of the ministry sanctioned and of professor Umbridge led course in defensive magic does not help the young magics unfortunately generally in the defense against the dark powers, of which they are threatened and the total magic world. Therefore here mine and Ron persuade its friend Harry to take the thing itself into the hand. Harry meets brings arm can secretly with a small group of students, that name itself "Dumbledores army", and them by, like it itself against the dark arts – then it counts to prepare the courageous young magics for the impending, highly unusual battle.

Source - www.imdb.com

Already the Readers of the Harry Potter books are teeling that "This will be entirely different and Potter will struggle to combat against the evil in this part.

The Movie makers are sponsering this one in a Great way by telling this will be so different than the Previous...

Let give the Rating for this before it smashes the Records.........
giovle
Hi,

I was wondering if someone has already seen the new harry potter movie? It's not yet released in Belgium, so I haven't seen it ... yet! But it's most likely that it has already been released in another country ...
How about it? is it good?
reddishblue
tempdbs wrote:

Already the Readers of the Harry Potter books are teeling that "This will be entirely different and Potter will struggle to combat against the evil in this part.

What! Who knew! It's only been released around four years now, according to my first edition copy Neutral

But anyway, I never liked the Harry Potter movies, they have all sucked since Chamber of Secrets.

I won't be seeing this one of intention, but it'll probably be a lackluster movie, but all the people with no taste will say it's great and eventually, be will all be forced to watch it somehow, as it is with most of these generic Hollywood fantasy movies, with the exclusion of Lord of the Rings, those were just...great.

I really would rather Deathly Hallows just came out, and all the movies, games, T-shirts, Lollypops, McDonalds meals and the other promotional crap was just forgotten, and we were left with a good book.
Honestly, not every good book needs to be a movie.

Edit: Oh wait, I just remembered this part of your post.
tempdbs wrote:

This has to be a joke...traditionally you have to actually see the movie before you rate it.

Reddish
tempdbs
reddishblue wrote:
Oh wait, I just remembered this part of your post.
tempdbs wrote:

This has to be a joke...traditionally you have to actually see the movie before you rate it.
Reddish

I think you have very fond of Potter books, but not with the movies taken on the basis of that.

And yours kidding message at last is an expected one from myside.
But my rating is on the basis of last potter movies and the story what they have been picturised. Don't think in other way Reddish.

Hope this had given you the answer.
McDucque
I read the books half-way up to Goblet of Fire... and I did enjoy them, I just haven't had the urge to read them.

I wasn't particularly in a rush to go see this new one, until I saw the trailers, everything just looks so grandiose and of epic proportions, I just can't resist not giving it a shot. Even if it sucks, Itll still be fun to look at.

I kind of like going into the movie, not having read the book, so I dont have that bias that those people do, comparing the two. The book is huge, you can't expect it all to translate to the screen.
tempdbs
McDucque wrote:
I wasn't particularly in a rush to go see this new one, until I saw the trailers

Haven't you seen the Trailers upto now.. Come on "McD". They are available on so many web links...!

McDucque wrote:
The book is huge, you can't expect it all to translate to the screen.

I totally agree with this,
As total scenes in the Potter book can't be picturized. Thats why people mostly dislike to see the movie as it just loses line.
Guelila
All I know is that Emma Watson is as hot as ever! Very Happy
SHe's one of hte reasons I love the Harry POtter movies. xD
Insanity
I think the movie is much too dark and spooky for my liking. I totally pictured the scenes in the book in a different light, but I do like some of the way they managed to put onscreen, such as the Quidditch games and such.
soulman
well, how to say, the movie cut a lot of the detail from the novel, so it's not really good stories of Harry Potter movie series, but for the movie effection and animetion, it's worthy to spend the money on the ticket.
missdixy
Here in the states it's being released on July 11, 2007.
(This Wednesday) I already know people who are going to start getting in line tomorrow (Monday.)
giovle
missdixy wrote:
(This Wednesday) I already know people who are going to start getting in line tomorrow (Monday.)

What? Haha, that's just crazy!!! I mean, I like the books and the previous films, but this is even too much for me! Well anyhow, let me know what people in Texas think about it...
tempdbs
Guelila wrote:
Emma Watson is as hot as ever! Very Happy
SHe's one of hte reasons I love the Harry POtter movies. xD

Really after seeing the previews, I agree this.

She ia awesome and pretty to watch on the big screen.
Afaceinthematrix
I'll see it eventually but I'm not too excited. I love the books, and I've read them all about 20 times, but I haven't been to impressed with the 3 or 4th movie and somehow I don't think this one will even be close to the books, either.
Molle
missdixy wrote:

Here we just order over internett... I don't think people here would get in line that early. Wink

I can't wait untill it is being released. I've read all of J.K. Rowlings "Harry Potter" books, and I just love them!
giovle
Molle wrote:
Here we just order over internett... I don't think people here would get in line that early. Wink

I can't wait untill it is being released. I've read all of J.K. Rowlings "Harry Potter" books, and I just love them!

Let me know if you've seen the movie!!!!
filet
yeah..I'm going to watch the movie tomorrow...This time I'll wait for the movie premier and read the book later. Last time, I read the book first and quite disappointed with the movie cause they left out so many interesting things from the book and it was not up to my "imagination expectations".
filet
going to watch the movie tomorrow nite!!!! Cant wait, this time watch the movie first, read the book later!!!!
Zeferman
I'm going to see the first showing on thursday, which is tommorw.
I'm looking forward to it, even though the last one was no where near as good as the one before IMO.
Futile
*** POSSIBLE SPOILERS ***

Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I'll see it eventually but I'm not too excited. I love the books, and I've read them all about 20 times, but I haven't been to impressed with the 3 or 4th movie and somehow I don't think this one will even be close to the books, either.

I will be going tonight to see the movie. I have read all the books and have been on pins and needles waiting for the release of the 7th book next week and the movie today. I agree with you to a point didn’t really care for the 3rd movie, POA, too much. I really thought that they could have explained a lot more with just another 10 minutes of film.

Being that OOTF is JKR’s longest book and this is the shortest movie so far, there will be a lot left and not covered, ie, Neville’s parents, no Dobby, no quidditch and several other parts that I won’t mention. But from everything I have read it is suppose to be excellently done and will be a good representation, or at least as close as possible without being a 5 hour movie.
Futile
I saw it last night. It was great, almost like watching the abridged cliff note version of the book. There are a few cases where the movie ventures from the book, but that is expected. It flows well and being that OOTP is the longest book in the series and this is the shortest movie, time wise yet, there was really nothing lost in the translation. Of course alot of us Muggles will yell and scream about why they changed this and left that out, all that aside in my opinion it was well worth the wait. Die hard Harry Potter fans will be pleased with it as well the causal movie goer.
giovle
Futile wrote:
I saw it last night. It was great, almost like watching the abridged cliff note version of the book. There are a few cases where the movie ventures from the book, but that is expected. It flows well and being that OOTP is the longest book in the series and this is the shortest movie, time wise yet, there was really nothing lost in the translation. Of course alot of us Muggles will yell and scream about why they changed this and left that out, all that aside in my opinion it was well worth the wait. Die hard Harry Potter fans will be pleased with it as well the causal movie goer.

Great! I can't wait to see it!
rainynightstarz
what? isn't it out on the 11th?
i bet some of my friends watched already in boston or something

I will hopefully watch it SOON!!!
greatfire
marvelous, im seeing it this afternoon
tempdbs
Hi all,

All over India, Today Harry Potter's movie has been released and already all the shows are completely filled up and I got ticket for Sunday...

I'll come back with my stats on Monday..

be right back...!
azbuky
I can't wait to see it! Here, in Romania, thw release date is 20th of July... Sad
imera
The release date here in Norway is, or was, friday the 13th Razz Quite funny I think. But I didn't go to see it because I have to travell to get to the nearest city where they are showing it, the cinnema here hasn't gotten it yet Sad So I will have to wait, but I think it will be great.
Till now the fourth one is my favourite, the darkest movie Razz But the fifth book is my favourite, bet that the movie will be to Smile And I never cared alot about sirius, but I think I will cry in the end anyway Sad
giovle
azbuky wrote:
I can't wait to see it! Here, in Romania, thw release date is 20th of July... Sad

Yeah I guess that kinda sucks ... Too bad

imera wrote:
But I didn't go to see it because I have to travell to get to the nearest city where they are showing it, the cinnema here hasn't gotten it yet So I will have to wait, but I think it will be great.

That sucks too Very Happy knowing that a lot of people in your country are watching it and you have to wait for the film to arrive in the local cinema ... But I bet it's worth the wait Cool
sondosia
This would be a really good movie if only it were an hour longer. They just condensed too much into it, as usual with Harry Potter movies. Good god, they're so scared of making it too long.

~Mimzy
giovle
sondosia wrote:
This would be a really good movie if only it were an hour longer. They just condensed too much into it, as usual with Harry Potter movies. Good god, they're so scared of making it too long.

~Mimzy

Too true! I personally like long movies. As long as they don't get boring it's really ok for me. Like the Da Vinci Code, that's a long movie (relatively speaking) and I enjoyed it every single moment, there was not one scene where I felt the urge to yawn Razz. And the Harry Potter movies are so full of little (but not less important) details that you can add, making the movie longer, but not duller!
bluefossil
I watched this one, I didn't think it was all that great. Kinda left a bunch of holes. Since I haven't read the books I don't know if they just left them out for time, or if it was on purpose. I guess only the book readers will know. I guess I can wait for all of you to watch it and see if anyone can fill in the blank spots.
Than again, I guess I could try reading the book.
bluefossil
I saw the movie today. I haven't read the books so I don't know how different the movie is from the book. It did seem to be filled with holes though, and some of the parts didn't seem necessary since they didn't lead to anything. Are they making all of the books into movies? If they are I guess a lot of it was to setup the next movie.

It was ok to watch, But I have to say it didn't seem as interesting as the previous ones.
Futile
The movie adaptation is never an exact conversion of the book that it is made after. I read a lot of Stephen King books and almost all f his big screen translations leave a lot out or just based on the characters with the story as a basic framework. The Lord of the Ring movies would have been 4 to 5 hours long each, minimum if they had tried to due an exact adaptation of the book. I have the boxed extended DVD set with all the deleted and cut screens included. In ROTK, those add another hour and 15 minutes to the movie. What we all seem to forget, myself included, is that the film industry is a business and bottom line in any business is making money. They project making money off the avid fan but it’s the casual moviegoer where they will rake in the real money. A true fan will sit through a movie no matter how long it is. The general public will look at the movie length in the listing and say “That’s to long to sit through.”

OOTP did leave a lot. But the movie was still well made. Some of my co workers who are not HP book readers, were like “What about this?” and “What about that?” and “They didn’t explain this?” My answer to them was; In LOTR, the Two Towers, how many people who didn’t know the story were like, “WTF?”, at the end and the same at the end of The Empire Strikes Back. There are two more movies in the Harry Potter series of course there are going to be a lot of holes and unanswered questions. It is a seven movie series. The movie could have included a few more details and could have been about 15 minutes longer and still been "safe" length wise. All in all, the movie was a good, abridged representation of the book.
Obake
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this. I've been growing steadily more disappointed with the movie adaptations of the Harry Potter stories (not because they've steadily been getting worse; just that they didn't seem to be improving at all either), and I didn't especially like the Order of the Phoenix as a book.

But as it turns out, the movie was well-put-together and some of the younger actors had actually grown up a bit and learned some acting skills. There were parts it skimmed over or left out, as all movie adaptations do, but this time around I didn't feel that the director left out anything crucial to the over-arcing story (like, say, who the Marauders actually were and why Snape's got such a special hate on for Black in the third movie). For the first time, I actually really liked the way Daniel Radcliffe handled Harry's character--difficult, in this one, considering I had a small opinion of the way the character was written in the book.

The movie relied on plot much more than special effects, which is a balance the directors seem to have struggled with before--but when they went for effects, they were brilliantly done. I loved the battle at the end of the movie. Go Dumbledore!
Lusiphur
I've still not seen this movie, I wasn;t honestly sure if I was going to bother. But, seeing people who disliked the same things as me in the previous movies give the movie good reviews has convinced me to head down to the cinema tonight.

I find I get aggitated when they leave things out of movies, I can understand why they do it. As long as there is nothing huge left out (such as why Harrys' Patronus is a stag and who the Marauders were) I'll be happy.

Something that I am interested in seeing though is how they do a movie that is mostly dialogue/plot developing and not so much action (going by the book there is SFA action until they head to the ministry. And no the Dementors don't count), esp in the next book, Half Blood Prince is going to be a hard movie to adapt I think.

RIP Richard Harris. Movies aren't the same without you.
linangan
I have no idea why they insist on making Harry Potter into a 2 hour film, the story is at the point where 3 to 3.5 hours is needed to tell his complete chapter. This is a good film but it could have been so much better and that's what is so frustrating about this film, What could have been.

The end was way too short. I wish that it would have had a longer talk between Harry and Dumbledore. It seemed rushed and too short. It did not show Harry dealing with the loss of the only family that he had.

In the end we are left with a good film, if you have not read the book. If you have read the book, you are left wondering, "What could have been." All of the pieces for this film to be a great film was there for the taking and David Yates,the films director, wasted a golden opportunity and instead gives us HP 5, The Lite Version.
tempdbs
It was a great movie again from the Harry Potter books...

But a little bit disappointment for the Harry Potter Book readers as Order of the Phoenix as their favourite book having more and more lots of stuff which was removed in the Movie.

But all have to agree that any director can't picturise the total scenes of the book. I am very excited soon after coming out of the hall as it was fantastic picturization and seeing hotty Emma Watson..

And for all Harry lovers, a great record of the Harry movies and their rating in Internet Movie Database.

Quote:
1 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
2 Transformers (2007)
3 Live Free or Die Hard (2007)
4 Ratatouille (2007)
5 Untitled J.J. Abrams Project (2008) - not released
6 Captivity (2007)
7 1408 (2007)
8 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2008) - not released
9 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
10 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)

Source - imdb.com

Harry Potter occupied Four places in the Top ten Movie list and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix standing in First position.
disciplesofhades
i really like that book but unfortuanalty i forgot most of wuts in it all i know is i liked it
carlospro7
it was a good movie. I enjoyed very much. I have never read the books, but because of the movies and the feedback from fans, I think I want to start reading them.
ballinboy13
I thought the movie was good. After I saw the 3rd one though I didn't know if I would keep watching Harry Potter. I didn't like the Prisoner of Azkaban at all, but the 4th and 5th were pretty good.
Seiorai
You must be kidding, one can't give a rating based only on "what they've heard' or 1-2 trailers...o.o

No, actually, now that I've seen it, I'd say it's better than other HP movies...but still full of mistakes.
I mean, though certain parts were pretty good, it didn't raise up to the seriousness one would've expected, since the original book is a darker one, than the others..

Not to mention, some parts of the movie, they seem completely cut&paste, not finding a sequel scene to complete them till the end of the movie.

I think that if one hasn't read the book, to know the general action and such, they'd be ....pretty confused. First time I saw a HP movie, TPS, I knew nothing about the book, let alone read it, but still, the movie made sense. While OOP...would've confused me a lot if I hadn't read th book beforehand..

But it's still worth watching, at least, by watching it yourself you can make your own opinion, not have to trust what other people report...

About the movies not being able to picture a whole book, tempdbs...then how come the LOTR has managed this and much better..?
mOrpheuS
Duplicate threads -merged- Cool
dcfive65ive
I watched it and it was awesome, they left alot of things out but i understand that they had a maximum of 2 hours+ (not sure), but it was all good...anyway it was more of an action movie and i think it was too strong for the kids, i mean if i was a kid, i would be frightned at the action and the noises
poly
Worst movie ever so bad!! Never watch it! Even worse than the other Harry Potter movies lol!
lamtung
wow, thanks a lot , in my country , this book is very rate!
medievalman26
I still say they missed some key points from the book so I had to give it a 7 rating. I know that they could not possibly follow the book completely but still it would have helped a great deal if they had included a little bit more from it.