FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Could someone enable PHP suExec ?

Guelila
Hello,
Im using a SMF on my site, and Im having many problems installing mods and themes.
I seached and found this post.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=166785.0

which says

Quote:

thats because in most server setups you can't add files owned by your username to folders owned by another user. Apache, specifically, normally users the user 'nobody', whereas your FTP uses your own username. So when SMF adds files and folders through it, it will often end up with the owner 'nobody'

This is a server problem, not really an SMF problem. Likewise the same can happen to apache which in turn can lead to white index pages or 403 forbidden errors.

The solution would be to have your host change the owner on the folders and everything in it to your username, and then have them enable phpsuexec so that your apache process can run under your username, thus working around this issue.

"The solution would be to have your host change the owner on the folders and everything in it to your username, and then have them enable phpsuexec"

OK, so can someone please do this?
and change the owner of the folders to guelila please.
swizzy
i feel nobody is going to do that... this for security, this happened after some users got hacked....

anyways if somebody is going this function, then please enable this too...

escapeshellarg, escapeshellcmd, proc_close, ini_alter, show_source, proc_nice, proc_terminate, proc_get_status, proc_close, pfsockopen, leak, apache_child_terminate, posix_kill, posix_mkfifo, posix_setpgid, posix_setsid, posix_setuid, symlink

its causing some diagnostic errors in my CMS textpattern