FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IDE SRIVES INSTALLATION ERROR

pollux1er
I had a problem with my Operating System (XP). I get the blue every time i am in front of the Win XP logo. I tried to put my hard drive slave to ensure my datas are still safe. I have this message in red when i turn on my computer. And this message does not allow me to boot my operating system. !!!!!!!!!!!!!IDE DRIVES INSTALLATION ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FOR BEST RELIABILITY & PERFORMANCE,PLEASE CHANGE THE STAND ALONE SLAVE DRIVE TO MASTER.SYSTEME HALT.....

But i have checked, everything seem to be ok.

Please help me to remove that message.
coreymanshack
pollux1er wrote:
I had a problem with my Operating System (XP). I get the blue every time i am in front of the Win XP logo. I tried to put my hard drive slave to ensure my datas are still safe. I have this message in red when i turn on my computer. And this message does not allow me to boot my operating system. !!!!!!!!!!!!!IDE DRIVES INSTALLATION ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FOR BEST RELIABILITY & PERFORMANCE,PLEASE CHANGE THE STAND ALONE SLAVE DRIVE TO MASTER.SYSTEME HALT.....

But i have checked, everything seem to be ok.

Please help me to remove that message.

You are supposed to have the harddrive set as normal if you are only using 1 hard drive.
johanfh
Check the jumpersettings on your hard drives. Best is to set them to cable select. If you don't know what jumpers are: there is a tiny black connector on the back of your harddrive, at the same side where you plug it in. This connector can be set in three positions: master (MA), slave (SL) and cable select (CS). It looks like your second hard drive is set to slave mode, which requires a master, but I think you plugged it on your second IDE-channel, and you plugged your first harddisk and your cdrom/dvd on the primary IDE-channel, so the slave has no master on the secondary channel. Setting th jumper on your second hard drive to cable select or to master should solve the problem...

Good luck!
JohanFH
coreymanshack
O, he has two disc drives, didn't realize it from the bad english.
pollux1er
Thanks to all for your support. I resolved my problem. I tried many options with the jumpers. (I know what jumpers are!)

In fact, In the panic, i changed jumpers of my hard drive to put it slave. And when i put it back in my machine, i didn't pay attention to replace it how it was before i remove it. That's what makes me panic and move the jumpers of my DVD and CD-ReWriter to another position. They where normally set to Master. All of them. And they worked.

Once more thanks to you all.