FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Down time and slowness

lukejones
Hello,
Sorry to complain; the hosting is the best free hosting I know.
Unfortunately, though, I have to say that the server is regularly down and if not down, it can be quite slow.
Can this be improved?

Thanks
Animal
Server 2 currently has a 98.91% Uptime Rate - this has been monitored over the last 241 days externally by HostTracker.com

IMO, 98.9% uptime on a free host is exceptional and certainly not something to complain about.

There have been a few issues regarding the speed of the server - these occasionally crop up and are caused by high loads on the server. This is caused by server users executing heavy scripts, or simply a large amount of people using the server at one time. If the problem is caused by high CPU useage by any particular member, we take action against them. Otherwise, if it's due to high traffic, there's not a massive amount we can do.
swizzy
yea the downtimes have seem to hav been cured... its now usually only for a few seconds or so....
and as for the slow speed is concerned... frihost is real fast for a free host...
i'm happy... Dancing
shkumbin
I can't complain either, besides that server 2 restarts every hour for a minute or so, cousing my site to be down, overral is very fast and reliable, it's not like I have millions of visitors to worry that much about downtimes.
erlendhg
Well, it seems that server 1 is having problems lately.
The last days, it has been quite unstable, which is a bit annoying when I am editing my php scripts and try to see if they work ;P
zellfaze
I have been having a slowness problem too. Glad to see I am not alone. Mine I think may be a little different. It can be slow, but also once every few minutes my connection gets reset and then I cannot establish a connection for maybe 10 seconds. The direct admin program ocasionally times out too, when it does that it tells me to notify the server admin. Figure here in this topic would be the best place to bring that up.
tribe
erlendhg wrote:
Well, it seems that server 1 is having problems lately.
The last days, it has been quite unstable, which is a bit annoying when I am editing my php scripts and try to see if they work ;P

Server 1 is killing my site right now. I love Frihost and never had problems like this on Server 1 Ever until now. Sadly it is forcing me of looking elsewhere for paid hosting because my 2 websites hosted here on frihost just cannot lose the traffic it has been as of late due to the slowness of the servers.

The APACHE is down every hour and the server page load speed is very slow at times.
Sad Sad Sad