FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

An odd problem, perhaps a fluke, perhaps a security risk...

ocalhoun
When submitting a post (with Firefox in opensuse 10) I got a dialog box prompting me to download posting.php!
When I told it to go ahead and download it, the post was made as normal (after a long delay), and I got a blank file named posting.php.
I wouldn't bother mentioning it, but if it could be done with config.php, and the file actually downloaded, the security of the forum would be very compromised.
I don't know if you even want to bother investigating it, but I thought it would be best if you knew about it.
Bockman
that happens when the server is restarting.. it has been sluggish these past few days. when you get that download info it's when you are posting and the server is not fully up.

it happens sometimes.

Be Well Cool
LukeakaDanish
It's not a security risk...seen as the files are empty?

I have like 49 files called "posting.php" in my download folder though Smile
Bondings
Ouch, is this still happening? I thought it was finished after moving to the new server.

About the security risk, it would only be a security risk if the file was the original source file on the server. This is normally not the case, it's the output of that page that is sent incorrectly (like a download instead of a webpage) and hence causes firefox to try to download it.
LukeakaDanish
Bondings wrote:
Ouch, is this still happening? I thought it was finished after moving to the new server.

About the security risk, it would only be a security risk if the file was the original source file on the server. This is normally not the case, it's the output of that page that is sent incorrectly (like a download instead of a webpage) and hence causes firefox to try to download it.

Hasn't happened to me for a while...but I'm not that active at the moment...so that may just be a coincidence Smile
Ratmaster
It happens to me once in awhile after I try to log in, and it asks me to download login.php a few times for about 5-30 minutes. Afterwards it is extremely slow.
Daisie
ooh i m glad i m not the only one with this! i thought my puter was going bonker on me...
It hasnt happened in the past 2 weeks tho. thanks for the info