FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My CRT Colour is weird on the corners...

LostOverThere
My CRTs colour is kinda strange on the corners. The colour is different from the whole corner particularly in the top left and right corners (and a little to the bottom right). They are more a faded red colour. Is there anyway of fixing this?

NOTE: Degaussing doesn't work.
brokenadvice
Check the connection to the computer to see if you have any bent pins
greatfire
have you recently moved the crt or moved anything near it. Note that is doesn't have to be in the same room. My CRT's stuff-up whenever the microwave or oven is operating, there on the opposite side of the wall and still cause a negative effect. have you tried moving the speakers(if you have them) away from the moniter, or removing them entirely, this is normal the problem
badai
try degauss it. usually all CRT have this function on their menu.
dac_nip
i had the same problem. its kinda weird. sometimes it becomes dark all of a sudden then it brigthens again. I've checked the connections there were no problems bout it. i think its the CRT itself that's the problem. any idea on this?
exhaust
Hmmmm,

Looks like somebody has been near your monitor with a strong magnet!
corey
exhaust wrote:
Hmmmm,

Looks like somebody has been near your monitor with a strong magnet!
That's what I was thinking. I once bought some speakers for my car (the one I used to have - no car now Sad ) and we had an old 26" floor model TV, just inside the door. I set one of the speakers on the TV while I was getting some tools, and it did that to the screen. I had to take the speaker and "drag" the color out of the screen.

If you have kind of rainbow effects, then it sounds like you had a magnet near the monitor. Do you have some speakers that aren't computer speakers? They're usually shielded, but others aren't always. You can usually take a magnet and "drag" the rainbow off to the side. It doesn't completely fix it, though. Usually, it'll look "dirty" for a long time (maybe forever). Electronic repair shops can sometimes fix this problem by "polarizing" the pixels with some form of static shock, but that'll cost money.