FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Geforce 6600Gt Help!

evo89
I am about to buy a new pc and i don't no witch 6600gt would be the best

Albatron 128MDDR PC6600GTV PCI Express ViVo
Asus Extreme EN6600GT-TD-128 PCI Express TV DVI
Leadtek WinFast PX6600 GT TDH 128MB PCI-E

Can you guys help me pick on am thinkin leadtek exterem edition it come oc out of the box and is the same price as normal one
vengeance
dude... i got the 6800 it is freaking great... you should try that one better... is only a couple of bucks xtra but well worth the money... thats my opinion....
Hikaru
Check around sites such as Tom's Hardware Guide, I believe the Leadtek GF6600 GT was receiving the best benchmarks.
Donutey
Get the 256MB Version!!! 128MB is starting to look old, and 512MB boards are already out!!

The manufacturer of the board doesnt matter a whole lot.. just look for reviews on google...
leodv
I agree with Donutey, spending a few more bucks for 256Mb is well worth the investment, especially if you are on to gaming..
Cragger
Id say Leadtek, Gainward, or BFG.

Here is a comparison between PCI Express Cards (including 6600GT and 6800T):

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040907/geforce_6600-03.html
DJGuardy
Donutey wrote:
Get the 256MB Version!!! 128MB is starting to look old, and 512MB boards are already out!!

The manufacturer of the board doesnt matter a whole lot.. just look for reviews on google...

Well, the manufacturer does matter, If you get a really bad manufacturer then you often get a card with the same piplines and graphics technology but with less workmanship, features, and overall quality. However, 128 is starting to look old (being the minimum spec for games such as BF2), but 512 cards are very rare AND VERY EXPENSIVE.
However, back on topic. The card you're going for is top notch, and will have 3.0 shader support, which means it'll be able to get the most graphical power out of recent games such as Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, being one of the most popular 3.0 shader games available. If you need a hand with installation, or driver issues, just give me a PM and I'll try and help.
dickyzin
I got a 128MB 6600GT from Leadtek. It works pretty well with my new Dell 24" LCD monitor which has a resolution of 1920 by 1200 pixels. It haven't tried playing any 3D games with it yet. Any of you think that I can play a good 3D game with this graphics card on my 24 inch LCD?