FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rich or Wealthy? You Decide

sathiyasri
Hi all,

Which one would you rather be?

Rich: Anybody can do this and blow it all in no time, and have nothing to show for.

Wealthy: Few become and many more should try harder to be. Helping others achive their goals and dreams and leaving a legacy behind them.
KatanaSky
hm... for me, I've always seen the two as the same thing but that might just be me. To be rich or wealthy would be nice but I can't say I've always wanted to be that.

My goal is/has been to be successful - to be financially comfortable and to make a living without living life only making money. I never want to live on paycheck to paycheck like I've witnessed so many other people do. Yet, I don't like the idea of saving every single penny without spending any on myself either. That's why I'm very into budgeting - I like knowing how I spend my money as well as knowing how much I am able to save. I still cannot claim to be successful but I know it's possible.

As far as helping others achieve their goals and dreams... for me, the only way to do this is to set myself as an example and encourage them to fulfill their hopes and dreams.
missdixy
I rather be happy.
Utopia GFR
I believe in being happy with a guaranteed level of income allowing me to cover my daily expenses Smile

Not sure anybody can be rich as you stated; I consider most people as being part of the middle and lower middle class society.

I wouldn't be as assertive while saying that wealthy people help others achieve their goals or help to struggle against global poverty, I believe in field work, working with people instead of granting "endless" financial funds to NGO's among which some are accused of embezzlement.

I couldn't agree more with the rap song "Mo Money Mo Problems" by Notorious B.I.G.

Helping out other people is not really a materialistic issue to me; this applies more to the large field of scientific & medical research, hoping that someday, we will manage to find a remedy to aids and breast cancer Smile

Quote:
Hi all,
Rich: Anybody can do this and blow it all in no time, and have nothing to show for.
Wealthy: Few become and many more should try harder to be. Helping others achive their goals and dreams and leaving a legacy behind them.
tidruG
Richness is defined as having abundance of something. You could be rich in terms of character, happiness, family, love, experience, wisdom, etc.
Wealth is defined in terms of finances/money.

When looked at it that way, I'd much rather live a rich life than lead a wealthy life. Smile
Jack_Hammer
sathiyasri wrote:
Hi all,

If one person is rich, it means that many are poor. The richer someone is the poorer everybody else is.
Wink
tidruG
You mean wealthy, don't you? Razz
paul_indo
Either will do just fine thanks. Laughing Laughing

Maybe money can't buy happiness, but it sure helps.

How long would you be happy if you couldn't feed your children properly, or send them to school.
apple
tidruG wrote:
Richness is defined as having abundance of something. You could be rich in terms of character, happiness, family, love, experience, wisdom, etc.
Wealth is defined in terms of finances/money.

When looked at it that way, I'd much rather live a rich life than lead a wealthy life. Smile

I agree with this post.

Like paul_indo said...Maybe money can't buy happiness, but it sure helps. Wink

I don't spend wildly so money is never blown by me

Rolling Eyes
eljormaz
I am actually very fortunate, I feel like that, because I am having really incredible experiences in life. I would say I am totally rich. I am earning about 28,000 a year, and that is much more than I need. In absolute terms, it is a huge amount of money. If one takes the cost of life in UK into account, then it is not so much...

But, I remark, it is more than I need.

In any case, this is just a means to live. And, as a friend just told me not long ago, many times we worry about something... "it's just money" oh my friends, that is QUITE A SENTENCE!!!

Indeed, what I am experiencing at the moment, is that LIFE makes sense by itself. And, money just don't exist. Matter just don't exist as we perceive. What does exist is energy going here and there, learning here and there... and that is GOOD.

Then, I am really fortunate because I am able to learn many things here where I live, and with the people I am in contact with. And, that is something real.

Thank you for reading.