FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

50 ways to make more traffic to your site.

sathiyasri
Please use quote tags when copying and pasting wrote:
"Another nice tips to share. I collect it from searchengineforums Forum. Thanks to the author easytraveller .

1. Write and submit articles to the article directories.

2. Leave comments on other people blogs with a backlink to your site.

3. Answer people questions on <a href="http://www.answers.yahoo.com">www.answers.yahoo.com</a>.

4. Post in forums and have a link to your site in your signature.

5. Write a press release and submit it to <a href="http://www.PRWeb.com">www.PRWeb.com</a>.

6. Advertise your website in the appropriate category on <a href="http://www.CraigsList.com">www.CraigsList.com.</a>

7. Give an unbiased testimonial on a product/service that you have used in exchange for a backlink to your site.

8. Start a blog and submit it to the 100 of free blog directories.

9. Manually submit your website to the major search engines.

10. Optimize each page of your website for a particular keyword or search phrase.

11. Add a link in your email signature to your website. Its a free and easy way to get a little more traffic.

12. Make a custom 404 error page for your website redirecting people to your home page.

13. Use PPC search engine advertising.

14. Add a Bookmark this site?link to your webpages.

15. Have a tell-a-friend form on your site.

16. Send articles to ezine publishers that includes a link to your website.

17. Hold a crazy content and make it go viral.

18. Give away a freebie (ebook, report, e-course) to keep people coming back to your site.

19. Add an RSS feed to your blog.

20. Submit your site to any related niche directories on the net.

21. Participate in a banner or link exchange program.

22. Create a software program and give it away for free.

23. Purchase the misspellings or variations of your domain name, or those of your competitors.

24. Buy a domain name related to your niche that is already receiving traffic and forward it to your site.

25. Pass out business cards with your domain on them everywhere you go.

26. Start and affiliate program and let your affiliates send you visitors.

27. Start a page on social bookmarking sites such as <a href="http://www.MySpace.com">www.MySpace.com</a>.

28. Submit a viral video to www.YouTube.com

29. Conduct and publish surveys to your website.

30. Find joint venture partners that will send you traffic.

31. Start your own newsletter or ezine.

32. Use a autoresponder or email campaign to keep people coming back to your site.

33. Purchase ads on other sites.

34. Send a free copy of your product to other site owners in exchange for a product review.

35. Sell or place classified ads on www.eBay.com with a link to your site.

36. Post free classified ads on any of the sites that allow them with a link to your site.

37. Exchange reciprocal links with other related websites.

38. Network with other people at seminars or other live events.

39. Purchase advertising in popular newsletters or ezines.

40. Advertise on other products Thank you?pages.

41. Create a free ebook and list in on the Free ebook?sites.

42. Buy and use a memorable domain name.

43. Do something controversial.

44. Create an Amazon profile and submit reviews for books and other products that you have read.

45. Start a lens on www.Squidoo.com.

46. Use a traffic exchange (low quality traffic, but can sometimes be worthwhile).

47. Get referrals form similar but non-competing sites.

48. Create and sell a product with resell or giveaway rights and include a link to your site in it o others pass it around for you.

49. Email your list. If you dont have one, get one.

50. Buy a pair of sandals; get your website engraved on the bottom and walk on the beach, stomp in the mud or play in the snow.
refinedruffian
That is helpful but i think i have seen it somewhere else.
ronaldallan.mojica
tnx for this. a nice list of traffic generation.. i recommend this for those who are getting low trafiic.
andy26
the last one made me lol, thats a great idea something that my friends would expect me to do.
georgekalathil
Its really an helpful topic for those willing to make it big in SEO..
T-rav
Tis is some good info.
lerian
thanks for the tips list, really helpful
mcapec
is it cool tips
georgekalathil
I have tried many of these tips mentioned above and it has been somewhat success to me. Once again thanks for this posting and would like to hear more from you which would be helpful for SEO and other activities. Keep the good work.
Takumi_86
This is a very useful tips for those who eagerly wanting to advertise their site, Traffic Exchange can increase traffic to your site. I have tried it most of the time and it worked perfectly
Faraz
This is awesome, but I would love it if someone could expand it, like with the url of article directories/blog directories to submit to, etc.
lerian
great tips my friend
sure, it will need a lot of hard works
Phil
You know, I've done a few things that could be classified as "out-of-the-box" to promote my site.
I've written the address down on index cards and left the cards in related books at the library. I've even gone to places of business and public places and left my site in the favorites folders on the computers there.
One day I plan on putting a image on the tailgate of my truck with the address of my site.
the-guide
sathiyasri wrote:

50. Buy a pair of sandals; get your website engraved on the bottom and walk on the beach, stomp in the mud or play in the snow.

Laughing I like this way a lot -- my friend, I will do -- very very nice advice, I will do Laughing ...
eric5150
thanks its good tips
Zackster
Be very carefull when doing a link exchange with another site because you might lose page PR, fix that by using this in the hyperlink code rel="NOFOLLOW" EG: <a href="effefoirjf.con" rel="NOFOLLOW">

And the site you are swapping links with might be a spammy site and Google don't like sites that try to trick it or it's friends. Cause some sites share their scripts and tricks.
zyd666
thanks helpful !
but what is
"13.Use PPC search engine advertising. " ? means ?
PPC ?
Peterssidan
zyd666 wrote:
thanks helpful !
but what is
"13.Use PPC search engine advertising. " ? means ?
PPC ?

PPC = Pay per click
It's advertising like google adwords.
Cwspartacus
Cheers for this it might come in handy
everfine99
Very Good
ali-m
sathiyasri wrote:
Please use quote tags when copying and pasting wrote:
"Another nice tips to share. I collect it from searchengineforums Forum. Thanks to the author easytraveller .

1. Write and submit articles to the article directories.

2. Leave comments on other people blogs with a backlink to your site.

3. Answer people questions on <a href="http://www.answers.yahoo.com">www.answers.yahoo.com</a>.

4. Post in forums and have a link to your site in your signature.

5. Write a press release and submit it to <a href="http://www.PRWeb.com">www.PRWeb.com</a>.

6. Advertise your website in the appropriate category on <a href="http://www.CraigsList.com">www.CraigsList.com.</a>

7. Give an unbiased testimonial on a product/service that you have used in exchange for a backlink to your site.

8. Start a blog and submit it to the 100 of free blog directories.

9. Manually submit your website to the major search engines.

10. Optimize each page of your website for a particular keyword or search phrase.

11. Add a link in your email signature to your website. Its a free and easy way to get a little more traffic.

12. Make a custom 404 error page for your website redirecting people to your home page.

13. Use PPC search engine advertising.

14. Add a Bookmark this site?link to your webpages.

16. Send articles to ezine publishers that includes a link to your website.

17. Hold a crazy content and make it go viral.

18. Give away a freebie (ebook, report, e-course) to keep people coming back to your site.

19. Add an RSS feed to your blog.

20. Submit your site to any related niche directories on the net.

21. Participate in a banner or link exchange program.

22. Create a software program and give it away for free.

23. Purchase the misspellings or variations of your domain name, or those of your competitors.

24. Buy a domain name related to your niche that is already receiving traffic and forward it to your site.

25. Pass out business cards with your domain on them everywhere you go.

26. Start and affiliate program and let your affiliates send you visitors.

27. Start a page on social bookmarking sites such as <a href="http://www.MySpace.com">www.MySpace.com</a>.

28. Submit a viral video to www.YouTube.com

29. Conduct and publish surveys to your website.

30. Find joint venture partners that will send you traffic.

31. Start your own newsletter or ezine.

32. Use a autoresponder or email campaign to keep people coming back to your site.

33. Purchase ads on other sites.

34. Send a free copy of your product to other site owners in exchange for a product review.

35. Sell or place classified ads on www.eBay.com with a link to your site.

36. Post free classified ads on any of the sites that allow them with a link to your site.

37. Exchange reciprocal links with other related websites.

38. Network with other people at seminars or other live events.

39. Purchase advertising in popular newsletters or ezines.

40. Advertise on other products Thank you?pages.

41. Create a free ebook and list in on the Free ebook?sites.

42. Buy and use a memorable domain name.

43. Do something controversial.

44. Create an Amazon profile and submit reviews for books and other products that you have read.

45. Start a lens on www.Squidoo.com.

46. Use a traffic exchange (low quality traffic, but can sometimes be worthwhile).

47. Get referrals form similar but non-competing sites.

48. Create and sell a product with resell or giveaway rights and include a link to your site in it o others pass it around for you.

49. Email your list. If you dont have one, get one.

hello man

great ways to make a web site famous

thank you for your topic

but how many years I need to apply all your ways Very Happy

my connection is Dialup

thanks any way
Diablosblizz
I like 50. Pretty classic. I could actually see that happening, I don't know why but I defiantly could.
joharin
Ahaks!! Laughing number 50 is definitely my favourite LOLA i can't help it..it may sounds funny but it does work...perhaps you can make tattoo as well to promote your site...Wink
profbis
Thank you for the tips.
spring567
Very Good Very Happy
chatrack
I like these methods.
you can select - some of them which you think good to apply.

i think there are many other ways too..
romania
yes, the nr 50 tip is the best!! Smile) and somebody said sothink about tattooes, this is a good one to!!
Smile)

but, realy now... these methods don`t make my website increase on search keywords... i don`t know what to do and where to post my websites to have a better view on search engines.
Dennise
Thanks for a great list. We're all interested in ways to get more site visitors and many suggestions are ones I'd not seen before.

Good work! Very Happy
cadbrent
That's a great list Smile

Quote:

Tell a friend form seems to be a very effective way. Because, a link referred by a friend is more likely safe than by some unknown sender through emails.
Xaferrow
Nice, i'll give it a try
gcaughill
Thanks for the list, I bookmarked it.