FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Stupid Wii...

TruPain
For the past 3 weeks, I have been trying to find a store in my area and the near surrounding areas for a Wii system.. and they are always sold out!

Why does the Wii have to have the lowest price tag of all the next gen systems? Very smart if you ask me, but it makes it so that the vast majority of people will buy a Wii over the ps3 or the xbox360...

I am looking to by a Wii basically for my daughter, as well as for myself, as I really think that the way the games are played would make it a lot more fun to play than with the other systems.

I can go to any store in my area and buy a ps3 or an xbox360... but the Wii's are always sold out.. grrrrrrr

And I will not go the eBay route either... I don't want or need one that bad...

So if you have a Wii, how did you get one?

Did you get one via eBay?
Pure luck of finding one?
Stood outside the store before the release date and bought one right away?

I just can't believe that I live in a smaller town (only 10k people), and the Wii's are always sold out!
Whong
Go to your neighbouring areas and try to find it there! Wink

Or then just search for it on the net. Very Happy
Loghete
I was lucky to come to a shop right after they got a new delivery, back in December.
They've got the Wii in stock on most places in Finland now..
LostOverThere
Find out when the next shipping is coming and stand outside your store and wait for it to open. Easiest way out in my opinion.

Else you could just buy a gun and kill someone then steal their Wii.
vonboy
i've heard that most stores get stocked on sunday morings so you could try then. other then that, you could get a lit of nearby stores, and call them everyday asking if they have just gotten a shipmentyou have to be fats though, because they tend to sell out a few hours after they get in.
Seiji
Check out this place: Here

A guy there posts the items in Target, Best Buy, Circuit City etc. that are on the sales list. There use to be the Target wii instock tracker thats how I got mine. http://wiihunt.com. I think it only works for Circuit City now. If you give me your zip code I would be happy to help you search for one.
headie
Did you try ordering a bundle pack from Gamestop? They cost more, but this way you get three games, a memory card, and another wiimote and nunchuck. If you don't want to buy a pack, you could always just call up every local Walmart and ask if it's in stock. Around here, they're the only people who ever have it in stock.
hlavco
We've just started our Wii search. Most of the stores around here are restocked on Thursdays, so we'll be out looking again tomorrow.
wombatrpgs
I got mine launch day... I ended up spending a six hour vigil on Amazon.com and getting one when they openned it up to orders at eight thirty or so. It shipped two days later... Very good service. I don''t believe they have any in stock right now though.. Mostly people charging a ransom for used systems. I'd think that by Christmas the demand would be filled.
Packfan104L4
hlavco wrote:
We've just started our Wii search. Most of the stores around here are restocked on Thursdays, so we'll be out looking again tomorrow.

This is very true. I'm number 4 on the waiting list for the order tomorrow and they're expecting 6 in Very Happy

Wii time!!!!
BvG_Loyalty
Wow, lucky you, able to get a PS3 or XBox 360 anytime ... I asked for a 360 and got a Wii ... Evil or Very Mad Sad
The_Gamer294
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9136575504838642038

People like wii
ShawnKelfonne
What I was told while I was searching for one, is to check out the big box stores on Sunday morning.

That said, there were some in stock at my local Wal Mart just yesterday.
wombatrpgs
BvG_Loyalty wrote:
Wow, lucky you, able to get a PS3 or XBox 360 anytime ... I asked for a 360 and got a Wii ... Evil or Very Mad Sad

That's probably another advantage of the Wii's lower pricetag.
Packfan104L4
Check Toys'R"Us, Gamestop was sold out in like 2 seconds and TRU had 8 left. So I definately got my Wii today and my arm is already killingme from Wii Sports
McDucque
I happened to be at Target, and they had 3 in stock, so I jumped on the opportunity to snag one for myself and charged it to the ol' credit card.

The woman who rang me up said they had been there a few days... so its really all about luck and the demand in your area.

PS....I hate elebits... *rage*
driftingfe3s
Try using the website Nintendo Wii Tracker. They keep a list of places where you can find the Nintendo Wii in stock when it is available. This is the site: http://wiitracker.com/
Patriot Players
I thought Nintendo said that the Wii draught problem was supposed to be solved by like June or something? Weird that its still so hard to get. I think they are largely available in my area, but then again there arent too many stores in my area (or people really) so I can't imagine that there is a demand problem either.
The_Gamer294
I got one the day it came out Very Happy

In my opinion though.. It's kind of boring. It was fun for about a week and then the games and the playing style just kinda lost its touch. Not to mention wii sports hurts your arms pretty bad.
Kelcey
I got one at a rural walmart 15 minutes after opening. I woke up late... there were still like 8 left. This was in like february or march.
mattchun
Wii is sold more than the total amout of PS3 and Xbox360, good luck for you!
XxlilikaxX
I do not have the Nintendo Wii, but he would adore to have one! (:
Here in Brazil it is expensive... But in amazon.com it does not have?
P.S: Sorry, but I don't understand much of the english =/
Satori
McDucque wrote:
PS....I hate elebits... *rage*

How on earth can you hate elebits!?? That game ROCKS! There's nothing like running around and flinging cars and shit out of your way! The controls are so easy to use too! That's the next game on my list to get (after I played it at my friends house...and found out it's made by the makers of Katamari.)

Anyway...back to the subject. I got my wii at a gamestop. I got pretty lucky. My girlfriend had a hair appointment at the mall and went to check for one (cause she knew I'd wanted one for a while.) She asked if they had any and the guy said "in a little while we will." They had just gotten a shipment of 4 of them in and hadn't even put them in the computer yet. Needless to say, she bought the first one and called me and told me they had some. I rushed to the store and bought the last one (probably less than 10 minutes after she got the first.)

Really, it all just seems to be luck. You can always try and find out when they get their shipments in...but in my experience that's easier said than done.

Good luck finding one!
Jakob [JaWGames]
I had no problem with finding a Wii here in Sweden, I just ordered it on internet. Hmm, I don't think that the Wiidraught has gone very hard at Sweden, if you want one now it's just to go to nearest gameshop and buy one.
Packfan104L4
Jakob [JaWGames] wrote:
I had no problem with finding a Wii here in Sweden, I just ordered it on internet. Hmm, I don't think that the Wiidraught has gone very hard at Sweden, if you want one now it's just to go to nearest gameshop and buy one.

Population density has a lot to do with it. You probably live in a very unpopulated area?

Also, the console is more expensive in other parts of the world other than the US, which reduces sales in those areas.

I just got a Wii, nunchuck, Wii Play (includes an extra controller), and 3 games for $420. Try getting a 360 with the same amount of equips for that price.
Guyon
REALLY? Still have problems getting a wii? I would think they wold be easy to get now and maybe more difficult as Christmas approaches. Unless that are stocking up for Christmas. .. a scratch that it was stupid. LOL

Have you asked any relatives in the next town? Maybe they could get one and you cold combine a visit with a pick up?

If you did mail order I would talk to a live sales person that said he actually had one. Otherwise they could take your money and sit on it waiting for the order to coem in. That happened to a friend of mine.