FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

another basic algebra "problem" 10frih$

Arnie
Here's something more sensible to be busy with instead of trying to argue whether I first applied the - or the ^.

Whoever solves this first (and mentions all the relevant steps!) gets 10 Frih$. I already have a PDF with the answer somewhere on my webspace, so if you find that you are lucky. Wink
RiCtee
Wow do you call that "basic"?? I haven't learn that before..... I can only see a Pi, sin, square, and x. Is that Calculus or something.
imagefree
Arnie wrote:
Here's something more sensible to be busy with instead of trying to argue whether I first applied the - or the ^.

Whoever solves this first (and mentions all the relevant steps!) gets 10 Frih$. I already have a PDF with the answer somewhere on my webspace, so if you find that you are lucky. Wink

Well it cant be called "Another basic Algebra Problem".

I learnt it 5 years back but currently i dont know how to solve it.

Thanke Bye
Hammy
Me and my mate solved it eirlier, since we did it just this year lol. it was a whole a4 page.
And i found your .pdf on ur site too. The piece of paper is still at my mates house (in the bin i think).

Either way, if i just post the link to the pdf.. do i win? =].
Arnie
Yes Mr. Green you do. And since you solved it yourself earlier you deserve it anyway. Very Happy
Hammy
kool =] .. wish i had the paper now to prove it, we checked it against the pdf n it was rightnext on =].

Ohh yer i remember why i didnt post it, cuz i was at my mtes house when i did it n was rather hung over, and couldnt remember my passsword because its still one of the random ones u get after reset . lool.

http://arnie.frih.net/integraal.pdf

=]

next one dont have the answer somewhere :p hehe
Arnie
Looking at your spelling in that post, I think you're still a bit off the planet Mr. Green

Donated your Frih$ ! Btw... how did you find that link? It's not on my site's index and it's not on Google afaik.

Quote:
next one dont have the answer somewhere :p hehe
Why don't you post the next one? Smile Gonna get my Frih$ back.
aningbo
u call that a sum!!!!? basic for high school kids jst starting their calculas chapters...

interesting indeed. never visited this part of the forum before... keep the spirit gong.
Arnie
What, integrating sin^2 x is basic for high school kids?
hunnyhiteshseth
Arnie wrote:

Well thats a very kewl(sarcasm) way to advertise your site.

Anyway, back to your question.

(sinx)^2 = (1-cos2x)/2 = 0.5 - cos2x/2

integrating

0.5x - 0.25*sin2x

applying limits

0.5(pi) = (11/7)(approx.)
hunnyhiteshseth
Hey where is my prize? (10frih$)
Arnie
You're not reading are you... Hammy already got it.
Arnie wrote:
Whoever solves this first
hunnyhiteshseth
Stupid... Stupid me. Well I think my mind was not here while reading... because i read all......

Sorry Dude.