FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Yours Favourite Horror Movie..!

tempdbs
I like Horror movies a lot... That too with some action mingled with the Horror..
My Favourite Horror movies are -

Evil Dead - all the Parts - The first Part is my favourite Horror that I've watched in my school days.
branschorg
I would have to say Amityville and the Halloween movies was really cool!
mattyj
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (First 1 only)
Nightmare On Elm Street (first 3)
Saw (first 1 only)
Psycho
Scream (all 3) - yes i know i'm lame
Hostel (1&2)
Dawn of the Dead (original)

Fav Comedy/Horrors
Shaun of the Dead, House (first 1), Night of the Living Dead
Dean_The_Great
I think it's really funny that Evil Dead is your favourite horror film, because I wouldn't classify them as horror films at all. I suppose the first one may be like a horror film, but those last two you can hardly classify.

Now, they are absolutely amazing, but I would call them action adventure movies or adventure/horror maybe. But I'm sure there are other movies you've seen that are intense horror films, I'd be curious as to what your favourite of those may be.
Blu_Spykz
My Favourite Horror Films... in no particular order

A Nightmare on Elm Street 1
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3
Wes Cravens New Nightmare
Freddy vs Jason

Saw 1
Saw 2
Saw 3

MANY Hammer Horror Films

Alien 1
Alien 2
Alien 3

Evil Dead 1 (2, and 3 were more com-hors... number 1 was VERY GOOD)

Psycho

George A. Romeros "Living Dead Trilogy" + Land of The Dead

Many more... but they go far enough to show my sadistic side.
CrimsonStrange
Hmm... I guess I like the "classic monster" types, really.
Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, etc.
I own a lot of different versions of "Dracula" & "Frankenstein" films...

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Nosferatu (1922)
Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
Bride of Frankenstein
White Zombie (1932, with Bela Lugosi)
The Serpent & The Rainbow
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Interview With The Vampire
Van Helsing
The Creature From the Black Lagoon
Curse of Frankenstein
The Bride (with Sting)... and similar stuff.

I also like serial killer flicks although I suppose they'd be considered more in the "Thriller" genre.

I can't stomach the truly gory 'ripping-heads-off' -type stuff, though.
HDirtwater
A couple that spring to mind immediately are:

The Shining (Kubrick's 1980 version)
The Sixth Sense
The Others
Alien (the first one - the others are just action movies)

I'm sure a few others will come to me once I've hit the post reply button... Razz
tempdbs
Now-a-days We can't able to see a single Horror movie as before - All are getting moved to Action part....

Some part of horror will be there but again they are totally over taken by the action.
sanalskumar
The first one I would like to include is "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre- The Beginning" It was really horrible. My brother cried sitting infront of the television. But the second part of that movie was not that interesting and horrible.
The Boogeyman was also a nice horror movie.
The Bram Stoker's Dracula etc. etc. are my favourite horror movies
bri4n5
Dracula and Frankestein are horror movies? ... hehe not anymore, Laughing
VPGroup
28 week later - the best of hurror
sanalskumar
Hey,
You are kidding right? Its just a matter of Fact, and nothing else.
sanalskumar
Anybody wants to add anything???? Question
cavey
The Skeleton Key is a really good one!
azbuky
House of Wax was the scary of all! I don't usually like horror movies, because they "hunt" me for a long long time after that, but that was the scariest of all!
sanalskumar
Yeah... Really its a nice one in that matter. I see, everybody here is taking the names of the movies mentioned by others... New introductions will be appreciated.
pashmina
i am not that fond of horror movies, but i enjoyed watching
scary movies 1
scary movies 2
scary movies 3
scary movies 4
they are really hilarious.
and also i watched all the movies that related to the scary movies
filet
The Shutters...i rather watch horror movies from japan, korea, or thailand..they are definitely scary!!!
Zaini711
Nightmare on Elm Street
Friday the 13th
Evil Dead

Anyway, Alien, The Mummy, Sixth Sense, Van Helsing, Interview with Vampire etc is not horror movies.
dude_xyx
I like wrong turn. Its a great movie.
DorFalla
Alright, I'll bite (though I am about to pass out and need to go to bed. ^^ )

Audition (sort of suspense/thriller horror)
http://imdb.com/title/tt0235198/

The Eye
http://imdb.com/title/tt0325655/

The Grudge (I know, I know... but the audio really got under my skin)

Sars Wars (Comedy/Horror Smile )
http://imdb.com/title/tt0470402/

28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (original and the remake), Original Night of the Living Dead, and Signs are also big favorites of mine. Smile
marrs
Here are my all time HORROR favorites in no particular order..

Nightmare On Elm Street 1
Alien
Aliens
Demons
wrong turn 1
wrong turn 2
The Fly
Bad taste
Braindead
An American Werewolf in London
The Evil Dead 1
Jacob's Ladder
Hellraiser
The Shining
28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead.........
Many more basically zombie space horror!
tempdbs
Recently,

I watched the Final Destination - All the three parts. All are different.
But whether this happens in real world or not. But Great movies.

Similarly the Hostel - Two parts are very much scared by seeing the idiotic things from the old man.

Very Nice movies.
mattchun
Screem the first, I still remember the day I first saw this movie.
mattyj
sanalskumar wrote:
The first one I would like to include is "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre- The Beginning" It was really horrible. My brother cried sitting infront of the television. But the second part of that movie was not that interesting and horrible.

I cried in the beginning too...because it was so crap....That movie was just terrible, not scary, not good...
edzofcit
My most favorite horror movie is, THE RING.
It even has two version, American and Japanese.
Although the American Version is scary, i like the Japanese Version instead.
Surely, Japs knows how to touch my fear.
Also, the sound effects, very awesome.
It my all time favorite horror movie.
Wink
peabody
Old movie " The TicK"
marrs
edzofcit wrote:
Wink

Oh yeah really theres two versions of the the ring i didn't know that.I have watches part 1 and 2 from the ring and i thought they were both very well made and truly a scary movie!

A real jumper!
melissareich
mattyj wrote:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (First 1 only)
Nightmare On Elm Street (first 3)
Saw (first 1 only)
Psycho
Scream (all 3) - yes i know i'm lame
Hostel (1&2)
Dawn of the Dead (original)

Fav Comedy/Horrors
Shaun of the Dead, House (first 1), Night of the Living Dead

Definitely agree on all of them! Smile No need to type it all over again.
I especially like Hostel... that was scary, Saw... ehh, yeah (Saw is a really good gory movie)! I love gory movies Razz
Shewolf
Personally I perfer the movie called White Noise, it surley gives me the creeps...
Blu_Spykz
White noise was ok. I did like it a little, although I wouldn't buy it to watch..
sanalskumar
mattyj wrote:
sanalskumar wrote:

I cried in the beginning too...because it was so crap....That movie was just terrible, not scary, not good...

Okey... Okey....
I agree..., If you are that confident. I refered the name because I just believed that the movie was needed to get the attention of the horror movie lovers of FRIHOST, that's all.
Hey forget something.
Thanks for the interests...
sanalskumar
Some days ago, I saw the movie "Constantine"
I will never say that its a horror movie, but i would like to quote the title here. Because the movie has got something in it, check it out if you have not seen it before.
Its all about the confliction and rules for the good and evil.

Heyy no, no...
Its a story happening in the present time.
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ
The one I prefer is Hostel, the first. I didn't see the second one, but I hope it will be as 'exciting' as the first one!
marrs
sanalskumar wrote:
I will never say that its a horror movie, but i would like to quote the title here. Because the movie has got something in it, check it out if you have not seen it before.

Heyy no, no...

Constantine is a subliminal anti smoking film
tempdbs
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ wrote:
The one I prefer is Hostel, the first. I didn't see the second one, but I hope it will be as 'exciting' as the first one!

Really its a great movie to watch -

But the first one was exciting than the next.
I hope all the first parts are mostly better when compared to their sequels.

Am I correct ??

I am very much impressed by seeing Hostel released in 2005.
rappn
The Blair Witch Project! (Just because its such a feeling in the movie, because its shooted with regular videocameras! But a weird end thoug!)
Halloween (2007) I just say "OMG", that movie... Good as hell, When you follow the psychopath, Michael Myers, from his childhood to his older years... When he was 10 years old, he killed his sister, his sisters boyfriend, his stepfather and a boy in his school!
He was charged and was put in jail, 16 years later he escapes, because of a guard at the prison..
On halloween, he returns to the quiet little town Haddonfield, just to do one thing....
MsRedImp
The Blair Witch Project scared me so, so much. I was like 11 when I watched it though =P

My favourite horror movie is Scary Movie 1, because most are very silly!

I recently saw 1048, that was quite nice...but I don't think it's horror, more thriller. Still a good film and different to the stupid scary horrors we have at the moment.
sanalskumar
marrs wrote:
sanalskumar wrote:

Heyy no, no...

Constantine is a subliminal anti smoking film

Please dont get me wrong...
I think all the nice movies should give a message, I just meant the cinema.
ambrose69
First "The Ring", then "The Grudge", then "Dark Waters", then "Pulse", and now "The Eye". I saw a preview of the American remake of "The Eye" and it does look good and it has Jessica Alba in it. But do we really need to remake all the Japanese Horror films out there? I also think the Japanese films are a lot better than our remakes, the films work so well because they fit into Japanese or Asian cultures that they come out of. What is it about Americans that we don't want to read subtitles? Does anyone like the American remakes more than the originals? Also, are we taking work away from original horror authors who might have something new to contribute to the field?
tempdbs
ambrose69 wrote:
First "The Ring", then "The Grudge", then "Dark Waters", then "Pulse", and now "The Eye".

@ambrose69 -

Can you tell me the movie story line of "The Grudge" both parts, Today I started to download both of them...

@ All Frihosters -
I am going to prepare a Movie database on my Lapy like IMDB (kidding) - collecting all horror and action related...
So that I(we) can come to know wat are all the good movies to download.

Thanks to me and all for sharing this valuable info....!
bulek
Best Horror movie... well, it's pretty hard to define what horror movie is good. Some people like more creepy horror movies, while some put more priority to storyline.

I personally like combination of both. My top three horror movies are Saw, Hostel and The Ring.
tiboo211
Mine are The Others with Nicole Kidman... very horrible :s no blood but lots of suspense Embarassed
shokman90
tempdbs wrote:
I like Horror movies a lot... That too with some action mingled with the Horror..
My Favourite Horror movies are -

Evil Dead - all the Parts - The first Part is my favourite Horror that I've watched in my school days.

ofcourse saw - all the parts specially part one
InsanePL
Now my fav is The hills have eyes, i like mutant/creatures horrors ^^, but resident evil 4 was nice too, some ppl says RE4 sux but it`s not true, you need to watch RE4 2 times ^^
Chris24
White noise bugged me out as well, but there is one movie no one posted that I have seen as of yet that also wigged me out as well and that was the original The Exorcist.....When I was younger and saw it when it first came out Poltergeist was pretty cool too....The Hills have Eyes is another good horror flick as well
sanalskumar
Are you telling about Exorcist...The beginning?
If not, can you tell me more about your reference?

But I think it contain some extraordinary things with it. Something that is not meant to be seen...
Naah.. Naah... I am not for an argument.
Chris24
No I am talking about the very first Excorcist movie made in the 70's with Linda Blair....http://theexorcist.warnerbros.com/cmp/splash.html
tempdbs
tempdbs wrote:
ambrose69 wrote:
First "The Ring", then "The Grudge", then "Dark Waters", then "Pulse", and now "The Eye".

@ambrose69 -

Can you tell me the movie story line of "The Grudge" both parts, Today I started to download both of them...

"The Grudge" is Okay..... But "The Grudge 2" is the worst Horror movie that I have seen...! All chineese stars in it... NO Movie line-up.... Nothing... I think, just to have a sequel, they went for shooting..!

Resident Evil Extinction is again a very good sequel for the first two...! Many Action scenes including some horror....!
dickyzin
One of my favourites would be "The Others". It's scary yet not gruesome. And the moment I realize the twist of the movie, I really liked that feeling. Great horror.
wabik90
Hehe, I don't like horror films because they're almost always so scary and terrifying(I know that it is the main target in horror films). But I've seen two very good(and not that scary films) and I can refer this 2 films to you. You should watch it, because they are a little different from other horrors(probably, not for sure:-). Ohh... they are not horrors maybe... never mind:
The Green Mile by Stephen King
Dreamcatcher by Stephen King

Cheers Very Happy
sanalskumar
Chris24 wrote:
No I am talking about the very first Excorcist movie made in the 70's with Linda Blair....http://theexorcist.warnerbros.com/cmp/splash.html

Hey, the banned one? I have heard about it. But really I missed the chance to see it. Thanks for the referance...
Blu_Spykz
edzofcit wrote:
Wink

The Japanese are AWESOME in making horror films. What a fantastic nation. Who knew !?!
debowski
Personally, I do not have any favourite horror film. However, I like movies which make thrilled while watching and those that keep tense from the beginning till the end. I liked "1408"...

Anyway, now I'm going to watch "28 weeks later" Wink.
eggg
Reanimator. Best scene ever made involving a severed head.
dickyzin
I just remembered Pet Cemetry. I enjoyed it when I was a kid. I think I'll still enjoy it now if I watch it again. I can't remember how the graphics were but I really like the story.
Fake
Halloween is the creepiest of all movies, very eerie and scary
Dj Redrum
i've always liked pet sematary 1-2, from the more usual horrors that have been mentioned.
Vlien
For something completely different: I'm 20 and I've never seen one!! Haha :p but they fascinate me a lot - probably because of the mystery of never having seen one, so I know many titles and details. Wouldn't have opened this thread otherwise Wink
RedPiano
If you consider Predator a horror movie then I choose predator. Otherwise I would go with any George A. Romero movie.
sanalskumar
Be confident in your openions, and dont let others decide what you have to say. Smile
dickyzin
How can I forget Ghost Busters! Used to love them as a child though I was a bit scared then.
tempdbs
What abt Black Christmas...?

Nice movie but eating Eyes is rediculous...? Have you seen it...?
dangerdog
the hitcher, hands down. the original, not the pitiful remake. nothing compares.
Billy Hill
I think The Devil in Miss Jones... Wink
duskraider31
My favorite would definitely have to be The Exorcist. That movie has the ability to spook people out, just thinking about it. Not only is it shocking, it gets in your heads and starts running circles around it. My other favorite is Rosemary's Baby. This movie is nuts. One of the best from Roman Polanski, setting a future example for psychological horror. Knowing that all around Rosemary are evil and being just as helpless as her to do anything, makes this movie too great for words. A MUST SEE in my opinion.
Vladalf
I must say that my favourite horror movie is Room 1408. It frightened me ALLOT.
tempdbs
Any gossips on Hills have Eyes Part - II
dangerdog
does the fact that it's awful count as gossip?

are they just remaking the first sequel? because that one was really, really, really bad.
dickyzin
I like Final Destination... all of it. I hope they'll make more.
marrs
The best NEW horror has to be wrong turn part one and two.
The special effects and story really put this film up with the blockbusters!
I think.
Much more than the remake "Dawn of the dead"
Den_Admin
House of Wax, with Paris Hilton Razz
tempdbs
Den_Admin wrote:
House of Wax, with Paris Hilton Razz

The worst that have been seen in past...!

A bit of horror at Gas station... leaving that all that is crap Surprised
chartcentral
If it counts as horror, it's "House of Wax". But if it doesn't (it's more of a suspense thriller than ghost stuff), then I don't have a favorite horror movie. Smile
marrs
sanalskumar wrote:

Heyy no, no...

Constantine is an anti smoking campaign movie
marrs
dickyzin wrote:
I like Final Destination... all of it. I hope they'll make more.

Theres three parts to the already and your not scared yet?
I agree with you the trilogy gave my the creeps also,any film which leaves you too spooked to go to the toilet alone has done a good job!
catscratches
My parents have been over-protecting and not let me watch horror >_> So I've basically only seen Ginger Snaps which wasn't too scary but it's a really good movie.
tempdbs
Silent Hill
See No Evil
Venom

The above are the movies that i have seen (Horror ----- grrrrrrrrrrr) in the last week.
Silent Hill is okay... But not that much scaring....!

Rest of the two also can be rated 4 out 10 in scaring....!
annapurnatraders
duskraider31 wrote:
My favorite would definitely have to be The Exorcist. That movie has the ability to spook people out, just thinking about it. Not only is it shocking, it gets in your heads and starts running circles around it. My other favorite is Rosemary's Baby. This movie is nuts. One of the best from Roman Polanski, setting a future example for psychological horror. Knowing that all around Rosemary are evil and being just as helpless as her to do anything, makes this movie too great for words. A MUST SEE in my opinion.

Yes you are right, Exorcist is the best one . Evil Dead & Grudge 1 & 2 is great too.
tempdbs
Adding Rest stop to the list..!
crimson_aria
The horror films I love are mostly Asian films. The Ring scared the hell out of me as well as The Grudge. I love the original versions of the two films. Still scares me. I also enjoyed the Korean film "A Tale of Two Sisters." It has an interesting story.

The english movie "The Others" with Nicole Kidman is good too.

I love scary movies with great plot.
fenveteknoloji
i like all horror movies but saw is amazing
first saw is the best
maybe ring 1 but saw 1 forever
tempdbs
Adding Constantine to my list - tempdbs Surprised
dickyzin
The Omen! I watched the latest remake of the Omen a few days ago. It's nice but not as scary as I expected. I guess the first version of the Omen was much scarier during those days. Anyways, it's a great horror/thriller in my opinion.
ongtw_boy
Got to be Pet Semetary 1 & Omen 1!
Also The Ring, both Japanese & American version.
jcvincent75
The Ring trilogy is the most horrifying movie I've ever watched. I've watched Exorcist in the middle of the night, all alone in the house and the lights are all off and I never been as horrified by the Ring even though I watched it late in the after noon. I don't know why, but there is just something on that movie that makes you feel sorry at the same time terrified by Sadako. Hmm..... I guess I should try watching it in the middle of the night as well. Just like I did with Exorcist, but I think I just can't do it.

In my own opinion, Asian horror films are far more terrifying than western horror films. Just as an example, the Ring movie. The kid Samara was still cute near the end of the movie when she went out of the television and killed that guy (I can't remember his name). Sadako? Hmmm..... Ahhhhhhhhh!

Cheers!
revani
The Ring Trilogy. Hell yeah. I couldn't stop myself getting thrilled until i watched Scary Movie 3. Now I'm better Very Happy