FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Computer Shut Down for no Reason

coreymanshack
Well, I started this topic asking, why in the world would my computer shut down etc. I end up kicking the wall and my computer shuts off, turns out I had a loose connection to the wall Razz. I got that fixed now, and I'm glad it wasn't anything serious Smile
crdowner
Sometimes the simplest "fix" is "the" solution. Glad you figured it out.
kizarop
I believe that nothing happens with no reason
memuser
This is good that you alredy fixed the problem. But in most of the cases the problem you said is because of virus, trojan, bios, or processor/mother board problems.
coreymanshack
memuser wrote:
This is good that you alredy fixed the problem. But in most of the cases the problem you said is because of virus, trojan, bios, or processor/mother board problems.

Yea i was thinking it was probably the switch on my case shorting out.
shutup_alfredo
great job
cvkien
check your tempreture.
coreymanshack
cvkien wrote:
check your tempreture.

please read the whole post next time instead.
KHO
coreymanshack wrote:
cvkien wrote:
check your tempreture.

lol, people, posting your 2 cents when you haven't read the topic, or even come close to understanding the problem helps no one, and makes you look like a fool.

And Coreymanshack: If kicking your wall turns off the computer, we should avoid doing such things lol =] sure there aren't any sparks flying when you kicked it? haha. I had a bad wire in my walls a while back that was causing some power outages, when I pulled it out to replace it, it was fried and a total fire hazard, lets hope you dont have bad wiring like me lol
coreymanshack
KHO wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
cvkien wrote:
check your tempreture.

lol, people, posting your 2 cents when you haven't read the topic, or even come close to understanding the problem helps no one, and makes you look like a fool.

And Coreymanshack: If kicking your wall turns off the computer, we should avoid doing such things lol =] sure there aren't any sparks flying when you kicked it? haha. I had a bad wire in my walls a while back that was causing some power outages, when I pulled it out to replace it, it was fried and a total fire hazard, lets hope you dont have bad wiring like me lol

nah i think the plug hole is wallowed out if you know what i'm talking about. and the plug just sits in it loosly, but i got this thing to screw onto it so it wont be like that now.
sanalskumar
My computer is being rebooted when i clicks on the local drives or on the start menu items. Right click solves the problem. I have a Windows xp sp2 machine. One more thing, When i switch on the system, dialog box appears saying "Temp.exe encountered a problem and needs to close."

Can anyone tell me what the problem is????
johanfh
temp.exe is part of a trojan. Removal instructions can be easily found using google for 'temp.exe'.
JohanFH
ssbonez
error.
sanalskumar
Things are going worse. Now my item properties and folder options are not working. Even if I clicks on the folder
options, there is nothing happening. When I tries to delete the items in the temp folder, error message appears
with "access denied " message. And the system is dead slow.
takashiro
Perhaps the CPU fans on your computer does not work very well. It causes CPU a high temprature and CPU does not work. This often happens if the computer is used for many years.
DecayClan
this is clearly a virus...
Restart your computer and go to safe mode(without networking), by hiting F8 while the computer is booting.

There, run your antivirus full system check( if you don't have one, use antivir)
Also, after that, download a program like ad-aware, and scan with that as well.
After you ar edone with these, go start>run>msconfig> go to the last tab, and disable EVERYTHING, except the ones you know and need.
Restart your computer, and pray Razz
sanalskumar
I am very sure that my CPU fan is alright. There is nothing wrong with it. And I use it for only a 2-3 hours a day. My system is only 7 months old...(ha ha )

I thing this are caused by some kind of viruses. I have scanned my system with McAfee anti virus 2006 updated version. But there is no threats identified.

I have disabled all items in the start up. But still the problem persists. I thing the registry entries should be removed to complete the uninstallation of the virus. Can anyone help me over here??? Its not a matter of my level.

I have some registered softwares. So i dont want to reinstall windows.
doppleganger
dude sometimes against the forces of will, your computer demands that u reinstall windows, who are you to say no,

but still i would suggest that u run a good anti virus or preferably start the system with minimal drivers loaded and then keep on adding one by one
tamilparks
ya you can reload your programs by formating the error will be flew away
internetjobs
coreymanshack wrote:
KHO wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
cvkien wrote:
check your tempreture.

nah i think the plug hole is wallowed out if you know what i'm talking about. and the plug just sits in it loosly, but i got this thing to screw onto it so it wont be like that now.

hi.. check u r SMPS and HDD
KHO
internetjobs wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
KHO wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
cvkien wrote:
check your tempreture.

hi.. check uhi.. check u r SMPS and HDD

this topic is dead. The very first post shows this problem is solved. Any further posts in this thread are essentially spam. You clearly didn't read ANY of the posts and are just posting to get your points in the positive range. r SMPS and HDD[/quote]
amineelasry
KHO wrote:
internetjobs wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
KHO wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
cvkien wrote:
check your tempreture.

hi.. check uhi.. check u r SMPS and HDD

this topic is dead. The very first post shows this problem is solved. Any further posts in this thread are essentially spam. You clearly didn't read ANY of the posts and are just posting to get your points in the positive range. r SMPS and HDD
[/quote]
check your CPU Fun if it work properly , and try a total virus scan , it may be due to a virus infection