FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Strike Through

reddishblue
Hi Everybody,
I want to suggest the HTML function <strike>, which puts a line through words, be enabled in the signature and post functions.

Here's the url for a reference on what it is, if you haven't seen it before http://www.bearweb.com/editref/fontstyle/strike.html

And why should we have it? It looks cool, don't question my ideas Wink

Yours insainly
Reddish
Bockman
Oooooh but I do Razz Razz Don't honestly think activating html would be a good idea.

You could take another approach though ( one that would benefit the entire forum and not just Signatures) and suggest something like BBCode StrikeThrough .

Be Well Cool
Hogwarts
Good idea Smile

Perhaps also blink and overline? I.e. blinking "Important" in marketplace threads.

I don't know what overline'd be for... But it would be good to have it anyway, and it can't be too hard when Bondings does Strikethrough
mathiaus
strikethrough I can see a point too. Blink would just be highly irritating. Overline I can see no point to at all. Just bloating the code.
Hogwarts
mathiaus wrote:
strikethrough I can see a point too. Blink would just be highly irritating. Overline I can see no point to at all. Just bloating the code.

I suppose overline would be going too far...

But for messages which are of importance, blink would have a use (For say, auction threads in the marketplace. A big flashing "Important" is bound to get attention). Although, I'd say 'blink' wouldn't need a button, to keep all the one-post-wonders from using it.
Zeferman
On Invisionfree you can do it using [S]< These >[/S] but never allow HTML, because it's very open to attacks(trust me Razz).