FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Howto open Dell laptops?

virre
I'm haveing problem with my Dell latitude and the harddrive not playing around, as I haven't support for it I want to take a peak at the insides of it, but how do I open it. What screws opens it up and let me acess the harddrive and the motherboard.

I'm having harddrive trouble, cachug cachug drive 0 not found kind of trouble.

If anyone can say that the harddrive isn't dead I be over the moon (but I doubt that)
internetjobs
dont try yourself... contact your vendor..
psycosquirrel
If you don't know how to get inside the system, you shouldn't be tampering with it.

With Dell latitudes, the hard drive is usually in its own slot. Look for an icon on the bottom of the laptop that looks like the hard drive light's icon (it looks like a can). There is usually one screw, you can take that out and slide out the hard drive. You won't be able to fix a broken or malfunctioning hard drive, you have to get a new one.

In general, to get to the insides of a laptop, you have to take out ALL the screws on the underside of the laptop, then gently remove the shell...
virre
psycosquirrel wrote:
If you don't know how to get inside the system, you shouldn't be tampering with it.

With Dell latitudes, the hard drive is usually in its own slot. Look for an icon on the bottom of the laptop that looks like the hard drive light's icon (it looks like a can). There is usually one screw, you can take that out and slide out the hard drive. You won't be able to fix a broken or malfunctioning hard drive, you have to get a new one.

In general, to get to the insides of a laptop, you have to take out ALL the screws on the underside of the laptop, then gently remove the shell...

Thank you, I wouldn't be doing this if I hadn't a lot of experience with non-laptops and I had some other kind of suport, but now I only have myself.